Home The Bridge
Options

Random Improvements: What's Your Idea?

Would love to hear feedback on these unrelated ideas for game improvement, along with your own ideas!

Some random ideas for game improvement:

1) Remove trainers from Gauntlet and replace with honor (small bits, 25 or 50 is fine).

2) Add multi-tiered Gauntlet. Do a Gauntlet for 4-5 star crew and one of 3-4 star crew. Makes it better for rookies and vets.

3) Do an event like a campaign, i.e. it's not just shuttles, or building, or skirmish, or expedition. Why not a combo of ALL those things where you garner points (like campaign or dailies)? This might make it harder for whales to beat the pants off everyone.

4) MORE EPISODES.

Comments

• Options
    I think we need more episodes on the map. It's been way too long since we had one.

Even though I still haven't completed them all, it's nice to be able to go back and do these as I level crew up.
  • Options
    Galaxy map revamp!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    A completely fresh gamemode. I say completely fresh because while I like many enjoy the Skirmishes it builds on something that already existed - the ship battles.

In line with that previews of things that are planned.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Riker, those dilemmas have saved my keester on multiple occasions when I would have run out of anti-matter!

YES!!! That is a GREAT point!

• Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Riker, those dilemmas have saved my keester on multiple occasions when I would have run out of anti-matter!

And that's why it should be a toggle-able option!

That way people who can run 8/10 hour voyages can just let them run and anyone who wants to leave the dilemmas in as manual can.
  • Options
    If we automate the game then it would take away any fun/intrest of playing.
  • Options
    Granted this would be akin to the replicator ration rooms. But maybe a room to donate to and get dill? Or say... 5k honor?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy map revamp!

:neutral: you know why....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Need to be able to either sort Voyage ships by antimatter level or mothball ships into a shipyard similar to the cryostasis vault to remove them from the voyage selection screen. Also I know this is a bit of a stretch but I would like to see a 13th voyage slot called the wild card that you can put any crew member into regardless of skill set
    Yes this a million times. Hitting the arrow a million times to get the ship you need is annoying. Especially problematic as new ships keep getting added with skirmishes. A 13th voyage slot wild card is interesting but would DB then make voyages harder? Maybe instead of a 13th slot one of the 12 slots is made wild card and it changes each voyage so sometimes it is where one of the command slots is and sometimes eng or another skill.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    An inventory exporter to csv would be my current top choice
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cryo Vault!

Sure, last time they renovated it, we gained the ability to sort and search. But it STILL separates the frozen crew from the active crew. The whole point of sorting them in there is to see ALL of my crew, frozen and active, sorted by skill scores. Why else would I be in there!?!?!

Please, DB, arrange them all together. End the segregation!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested events based on Voyages and Gauntlet before. I still believe in those ideas.

Maybe new episode(s) could be based around the upcoming Picard series. That will give DB some time to line things up.

A new game mode would be nice, but I'm having a tough time envisioning it. We have shuttles that use base scores, gauntlet that uses proficiencies, Voyages that use a combination of both, Arena that uses its own set of numbers, and events that use each of those things while accounting for crew traits. I'm all for a new game mode, but it would take some new stats or elements or some innovation to use what is existing.

There was also a thread for Voyage "captain bonuses". I liked that idea. Partly because it could be an excuse to have more star base rooms.

Now that I think about it, could the passive Arena stats be used in some way? Space station defense? Like defending DS9 from being taken? Ship stats to repel ships and maybe one crew for each stat to repel boarding parties. Seems like an every-six-month type of event like Expedition.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    Change the shuttle boosts to 2x rewards for 2x time instead of 3x time.

I call this the "Let people sleep at night during faction events" improvement, but LPSANDFE sounds like a star wars alien name, just without the apostrophes.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have too many ideas to share here, I've actually been compiling a list for a future thread post :) But this is a great thread, thank you for posting it :)

-EDIT-
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Need to be able to either sort Voyage ships by antimatter level or mothball ships into a shipyard similar to the cryostasis vault to remove them from the voyage selection screen. Also I know this is a bit of a stretch but I would like to see a 13th voyage slot called the wild card that you can put any crew member into regardless of skill set

If I could make one change, this would be it. Consider it the Bartender position or something, but leave a spot for somebody to just sort of be there and contribute without being part of the actual crew.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really help to round out the skills you’re a little short on, which happens every voyage
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'll toss in a freebie:

I think it would be very cool if somewhere on the galaxy map our fleet starbases actually appeared visually, and it would be equally cool if we could see our fleetmates' ships parked on the various map locations!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    One touch switching between accounts.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and connected to the Inventory Limit thread, show description easily on single items in inventory in the Replicator fuel screen, so we can properly clear our inventory below 1000 items!!!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Something completely new, like voyages were when they came. For instance an event type where you have to deploy crew on the defensive who then come under attack in different skills. But not in a dice-fest-like way as in the Gauntlet.
  • Options
    YeldoowYeldoow ✭✭
    The ability to sort your ships when starting a voyage so you can easily find the best ship to use would be really helpful.

It would also be nice to have something when picking your crew to give you an idea of how long your voyage would last. Just an estimated voyage length to make it easy to see how different crew and different skill combinations will effect how long the voyages last.