Home The Bridge

10 for $10 one-time offer?

KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in The Bridge
I thought these always came with the option to buy a 2nd. Is it because it's on a Sunday or something that I just got the one?

Comments

• It has not always had the option for more than one.
  • Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    So true Banjo, I also got a 3 star on Obsidian Order Garak. 2 more to immortalize him.
  • I was also surprised it was only a one-time purchase, but I can’t complain. It fit my budget perfectly, and I got a good return.
  • I did pretty good myself. Begold added a 2nd star to Smitten Picard and a Behold gave me an Immort AoS La Forge, which enabled me to finish the Daystrom collection. A good day with RNG.
  • Nice pulls @ByloBand .
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 10 for 10 was good for me. One Begold and every 4* I got added a star to one I already had.
    scaztcz7yn7g.jpg
    ekjjdlcw4hq2.jpg
    p4gn1mdda8ps.jpg
    3zu4i3xvc0c3.jpg
    0n92xspup8m6.jpg
    qhkc1ri7shjw.jpg
    suq9hkz1hwfn.jpg
    6jmd2ujmhbei.jpg
    68bkqwyfihab.jpg
    y54aj73g9x2h.jpg
    0srpfz6d6ld1.jpg
    cmbapqa8t0xj.jpg
    kd3ejr70j1vc.jpg
    awmez99yhloj.jpg
    abq94cghear0.jpg
    dz9eretd2sc0.jpg

• calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    This 10 for 10 was good for me. One Begold and every 4* I got added a star to one I already had.
    scaztcz7yn7g.jpg
    ekjjdlcw4hq2.jpg
    p4gn1mdda8ps.jpg
    3zu4i3xvc0c3.jpg
    0n92xspup8m6.jpg
    qhkc1ri7shjw.jpg
    suq9hkz1hwfn.jpg
    6jmd2ujmhbei.jpg
    68bkqwyfihab.jpg
    y54aj73g9x2h.jpg
    0srpfz6d6ld1.jpg
    cmbapqa8t0xj.jpg
    kd3ejr70j1vc.jpg
    awmez99yhloj.jpg
    abq94cghear0.jpg
    dz9eretd2sc0.jpg

Isn’t CM Paris going to be a prize next weekend? I know he is a stud card (I am building mine right now and he is already my #1 med voyager at lvl 80), but wouldn’t it have made more sense to close out Sarek to avoid a wasted prize next weekend?
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    scaztcz7yn7g.jpg
    ekjjdlcw4hq2.jpg
    p4gn1mdda8ps.jpg
    3zu4i3xvc0c3.jpg
    0n92xspup8m6.jpg
    qhkc1ri7shjw.jpg
    suq9hkz1hwfn.jpg
    6jmd2ujmhbei.jpg
    68bkqwyfihab.jpg
    y54aj73g9x2h.jpg
    0srpfz6d6ld1.jpg
    cmbapqa8t0xj.jpg
    kd3ejr70j1vc.jpg
    awmez99yhloj.jpg
    abq94cghear0.jpg
    dz9eretd2sc0.jpg

Isn’t CM Paris going to be a prize next weekend? I know he is a stud card (I am building mine right now and he is already my #1 med voyager at lvl 80), but wouldn’t it have made more sense to close out Sarek to avoid a wasted prize next weekend?

There was a straight drop of that Sarek in the pack before that behold that gave me his fourth star. I hadn't fused him yet when I got the behold with him.

As for next event, if Paris is in Thresholds I'll only need to get the first Paris in Thresholds then collect the Community Rewards to Immortalize him. (Mine is already Fully Equipped). If Worf is in Thresholds, I'll only do one build and collect the Community Rewards. Either way I'm mostly sitting the rerun out and saving my chrons.
  • I bit on it, got a third star on Revolutionary Damar, final star on Lt Cmdr Wesley and a second star on Suliban Reed.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    No golds in the bunch for me which has become the norm
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    scaztcz7yn7g.jpg
    ekjjdlcw4hq2.jpg
    p4gn1mdda8ps.jpg
    3zu4i3xvc0c3.jpg
    0n92xspup8m6.jpg
    qhkc1ri7shjw.jpg
    suq9hkz1hwfn.jpg
    6jmd2ujmhbei.jpg
    68bkqwyfihab.jpg
    y54aj73g9x2h.jpg
    0srpfz6d6ld1.jpg
    cmbapqa8t0xj.jpg
    kd3ejr70j1vc.jpg
    awmez99yhloj.jpg
    abq94cghear0.jpg
    dz9eretd2sc0.jpg

There was a straight drop of that Sarek in the pack before that behold that gave me his fourth star. I hadn't fused him yet when I got the behold with him.

As for next event, if Paris is in Thresholds I'll only need to get the first Paris in Thresholds then collect the Community Rewards to Immortalize him. (Mine is already Fully Equipped). If Worf is in Thresholds, I'll only do one build and collect the Community Rewards. Either way I'm mostly sitting the rerun out and saving my chrons.

Of course. I assumed (stupidly) that the 3* included the pull-9 dropped Sarek. Duh...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I skipped this one because I don’t want to buy any more premium packs until the portal is updated. I’ll continue banking packs from events and campaigns as well.
  • Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    I used to love these offers but I stopped buying them for a while now. It's too frustrating if only 1-2 out of 10 packs contain something else than honour.

A portal update might help but I would strongly prefer a reroll if you get useless beholds where all 3 choices are already FF.
  • ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I've been skipping these as there's not many Purples left in the portal I can use and it is always a crap shoot on getting a 5*, but I bit anyway given my recent string of luck and didn't do that bad:

2nd star on Maquis Eddington
    3rd star on Buster Kinkaid
    1st star on Rura Penthe Kirk
    1st star on Desert Philippa Georgiou

Edit: Forgot I also got a Coffee Janeway to work on adding starts to Evolved Janeway.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    2 golds for me, 2nd star on RAF O’Brien and 4th on Gangster Spock. Better than normal, and I can’t expect much else knowing there are only 19 stars total across all purples I need (not counting the missing Irumodic Picard), and most if not all of them are not in the portal. I will take this opportunity to ask for Gangster Spock as the 10$ 5* offer this coming week. Please :smile:
  • If recent history holds true, it will be Grand Nagus Rom that is the $10 5*.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are strictly fishing for begolds for me now (other than maybe if I got Frog Paris or Coffee Janeway) so I’m not biting. Too many times I’ve done them and gotten no golds (even in instances where you could buy twice).
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If recent history holds true, it will be Grand Nagus Rom that is the $10 5*.

Uhh, no, (I believe) it's always a variant that provides low bonus that they offer as the $10... not event crew providing max bonus
  • I could be wrong, but I thought Goddess Troi and Elim Garak were the $10 buys during their re-runs.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I thought Goddess Troi and Elim Garak were the $10 buys during their re-runs.

Hmm... I do not ever remember an event max bonus available as the offer but my memory is crappy for stuff like that so you could be right
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I thought Goddess Troi and Elim Garak were the $10 buys during their re-runs.

The Garak rerun (March 28 - April 1) we were offered Age of Sail Riker (Augment Riker was an event crew).

The Goddess Troi rerun (Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2018) we were offered Durango Troi.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice even getting the 10/$10 offer yesterday... :'( (Not that I would likely have taken it anyway.) As for a $9.99 offer prediction this week, the candidates are:

Delta Flyer Paris
    Krenim Guest Paris (pretty recent release)

Captain Spock (current Campaign)
    Gangster Spock (originally pack only)
    Gladiator Spock (pretty recent release)
    Kohlinar Spock
    Laborer Spock
    Mirror Spock
    Mountaineer Spock

Governor Worf (New Year's 2019 release, pack only)
    Mirror Regent Worf (launch release)
    Niners Worf (originally pack only)
    Protomorphosis Worf
    Trader Worf (originally pack only)
    Will Scarlett (players were given a copy at Christmas)

I feel like Delta Flyer Paris and Gangster Spock would be the most desirable. I'd love to have any of the Worfs except Protomorphosis), but I suspect I'm in the minority.
  • I could be wrong, but I thought Goddess Troi and Elim Garak were the $10 buys during their re-runs.

The Garak rerun (March 28 - April 1) we were offered Age of Sail Riker (Augment Riker was an event crew).

The only one where the re-run crew was offered as a $10 offer before the event was Mirror T’Pol.
  • If recent history holds true, it will be Grand Nagus Rom that is the $10 5*.

Since this is a repeat, I don"t think there will be a $10 %* offer. But if there is, the one that should be the 400k threshold wail immortalize mine.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The offer didn’t even come up for me, oh well 10 bucks saved I guess.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice even getting the 10/$10 offer yesterday... :'( (Not that I would likely have taken it anyway.) As for a $9.99 offer prediction this week, the candidates are.

First of all if you didn´t notice the offer yd, but likely would not have taken it anyway no real need for a :'( If I miss something I wanted, yeah, different story.

I also find it ... fascinating ... that you say you are too lazy to even find out the best shuttle setup in Factions events (which can be done in a heartbeat), but spend so much more time and effort on game stats and lately your various predictions.

• PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I bit on the offer and I was going to hold onto the packs until a time portal update, but I decided my poor luck with dupes would remain the same regardless.

Only 2 useful crew from the 10 pulls. Got a fourth and final star on Mirror Mayweather and a fourth star on Lissan (picked over second stars on Agent Janeway or Delta Flyer Paris).

Thanks for the correction!