Home The Bridge
Options

How good has a second copy of a 4/4 to be?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you keep second copies of super rares? Which ones? Does it ever pay off?

Along with Spock I won a 4/4 Drone Seven of Nine while I already have her immortalized and wonder what to do with the little twin - have her block 1 of currently 170 crew slots probably for months or airlock her right away?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only just started keeping some duplicates, I have completed a second Romulan Kirk he has a good Dip bonus when doubled.

I have a duplicate armed Philippa Georgiou unlevelled at 4/4 and like Romulan Kirk has a decent enough base for Disco Events.

I also have kept my 3/4 Section 31 Phillipa Georgiou because she too has a strong base in Security and could qualify for a Disco / Mirror or a Section 31 event.

The only other 4/4 dupe I have is Commando Shran possibly for another andorian event. But I might space him for freeing up space before another andorian event comes up.

I have a dupe of Timeloop Mudd 3/4 for his ENG and Disco qualification

and a 1/4 Gabriel Bell - decent enough Dip base and one can never have too much Sisko.

I did have a second copy of Prospect Burnham, but found I hardly used the first one in a shuttle event and I now have MIrror Stamets. So the need to keep a Duplicate for an underrepresented skill is less so I tossed her out the airlock for honor.

Drone Seven I probably could have kept as her base doubled beats my benchmark score of Ru'Afo. But I can't keep them all. Upshot is, if you have space and resource to do so yes keep hold of useful ones. Drone Seven has been event/bonus crew quite a bit. Also it depends how the Cheesecake 7 is deployed - if it's in an event you'll probably be glad you kept hold of the duplicate of drone 7.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I put one in the stasis, so i can use him in shuttle Events
  • Options
    I'm thinking of keeping my spare FF copy of Drone Seven of Nine in my crew. It seems like we've been discussing Cheesecake Seven for a while now, and it would be appropriate in this next YOH mega to see her debut. So, on the off chance that Drone Seven of Nine is needed for a fusable card, would be safer to hold onto her for now.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Along with Spock I won a 4/4 Drone Seven of Nine while I already have her immortalized and wonder what to do with the little twin - have her block 1 of currently 170 crew slots probably for months or airlock her right away?

Before this event I already had 2 copies of Drone Seven, and now I will keep 3rd. She was very efficient for shuttles.

And she was helpfull in several different events before.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you folks! I tended to keep her but at the same time considered it unreasonable - obviously unfounded.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Before this event I already had 2 copies of Drone Seven, and now I will keep 3rd. She was very efficient for shuttles.

I also found my second Drone Seven to be useful, but I decided against a third copy. We're getting another Robin Hood from sign-in that I plan to keep for a second copy. I've got a few criteria for deciding whether or not to keep.

- Main cast
    - Base stats
    - Equipping difficulty
    - Stat combination

I also consider how hard they are to level. I'm really on the fence about the upcoming Combat Medic Paris. He was painful to level. The first copy has been very helpful. But using the resources for a second copy is making the decision tougher.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dupe 4/4s. Never. I’ve gotten dupe 5/5s of Ruafo. Durango Troi, Dr Katherine Pulaski, FO Burnham, and Falcon. But never a dupe 4/4.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Some duplicates are useful. When completed, they can be kept active or frozen if you need space while keeping the original active. Also, both can be frozen. The only problem is the game doesn't track duplicates so I may or may not have 3 copies of mirror Garak. 🤗.

If you reach a point where you are almost done all the 4*, duplicates give you something to do to finish dailies. The downside is the resource cost of the duplicates so pick and choose wisely. If you come across a 4/4 it's one thing, but to save crew slots to try and get a second copy when you have lots of crew to level, it can be a waste of space, time and resource.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

I also found my second Drone Seven to be useful, but I decided against a third copy. We're getting another Robin Hood from sign-in that I plan to keep for a second copy. I've got a few criteria for deciding whether or not to keep.

- Main cast
    - Base stats
    - Equipping difficulty
    - Stat combination

I also consider how hard they are to level. I'm really on the fence about the upcoming Combat Medic Paris. He was painful to level. The first copy has been very helpful. But using the resources for a second copy is making the decision tougher.

Combat medic Paris I think could be useful so I would consider fusing a second copy. Proton Paris on the other hand, would be a long shot unless I was prepared to use 2 million credits and 100 x 5* replicator rations to get from level 80 to FE.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I ran out of crew to level and had an unprecedented number of free crew slots, I decided to start keeping and levelling duplicate 4* crew. It started with crew that I got FF for free during/after events, and then I started keeping good crew (ie: main cast crew, high stats, odd stat combos, likely to be useful in future faction events) that I got from voyages. I'm now up to 43 immortalized duplicate 4* crew, and many of them have come in quite handy.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get a 4/4 dupe from event, I generally keep them as a placeholder and use to build (since I don't have any other crew to build.) If they are deemed worthy, I will freeze the already immortalized one, and finish building the second (or third) copy. Great for faction missions when you need them like this past one, and it helps build your crew Achievement rewards.

Current SR Duplicates:

• Drone 7 of 9 x3
    • 1701 Jadzia x2
    • Bridge Officer Troi x3
    • Sherriff Worf x2
    • Detective Dixon Hill x2
    • Time Loop Mudd x2
    • Commander Ellen Landry x2
    • Princess Jadzia x2
    • Mirror Empress Sato x2
    • Tactical Michael Burnham x2
    • Captain T'Pol x2
    • Sec 31 Georgiou x2
    • Armed Phillipa Georgiou x2
    • Temporal Agent Seven x2
    • Blood Oath Jadzia x2
    • Waitress Ezri x2

I feel duplicates are a must, and likely built into the design of the game on purpose when you get to a certain level in the game that you require those duplicates to have something useful to do. And yes, I have started duplicating Gold crew now as well. :blush:
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I am irregular about duplicates, I have duplicates of
    Admiral Ross
    B-4
    Captive Bashir
    Combat Medic Paris
    Incognito Kirk
    K'mtar Alexandar
    Keyla Detmer
    Sec 31 Georgiou
    Sheriff Worf

I'm probably going to make a second copy of Robin Hood.

I have completed duplicates of Proto Barclay and am at various stages of other golds.

In terms of deciding whether to do a second copy, my decision is usually based on whether they are a strong card, and likely to be event crew. Also, I need to have all 4 copies ready to go so I don't have to use up slots for very long.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of keeping my spare FF copy of Drone Seven of Nine in my crew. It seems like we've been discussing Cheesecake Seven for a while now, and it would be appropriate in this next YOH mega to see her debut. So, on the off chance that Drone Seven of Nine is needed for a fusable card, would be safer to hold onto her for now.

I usually dont but there are some 4* that have special traits or high skills. Romulan kirk is essential for voyages, and mirror dax is very high in skill numbers for instance.
    As mentioned in the quote, i have been “holding” at lvl 2 all versions of seven and the dr since we have no idea how cheescake seven will appear. I will be glad to airlock all 7 extra crew cards i am holding once she finally is released. After the last lizard janeway debacle, i wont airlock any frequent duplicate crew drops that seem random. There has been so much speculation on her arrival we dont how it will be presented.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a few duplicates, only two of which (both 4*) are immortal. From chasing that last Mirror Sulu offer I do have a 4/5* Warship EMA at level 1 and from chasing the White Rabbit I have a 3/5* Yarnek at level 1. And I suppose I have a 1/5* L1 Klingon Janeway dupe that I may or may not airlock...we’ll see what comes up when I finally unload my collection of single and 10x premium packs after the next portal update. If I start to get stressed for slots and don’t add any stars to her, she’s first on the chopping block.
  • Options
    I have a few dupes, and Drone Seven is one of them. I opted against making a third, because though having both was very useful this event, I'd rather have the 800 Honor to keep pursuing other goals. I also have dupes of Combat Medic Paris, and both Sec. 31 and Armed Philippa. I have a 2/4 Mirror Jadzia I've been adding to as stars come along, and I'll finish her when I get the last two.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, super rares are all about shuttles. High base for shuttles, freeing up my legendaries for voyages.

If you can get your hands on a second copy of someone that is at or near the top of your super-rare base scores, go for it.

Don't keep it assuming it might come in handy as bonus crew someday. It should be more useful.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my VIP 0 days of having to be ruthless about crew management, I decided quickly that there was no appeal to me of duplicating anyone. I already had one copy, and that was sufficient for my enthusiasm for personal favorites. Stats weren't persuasive; there's always a bigger fish and I'd much rather make space in my crew for someone new than tie up resources on a redundancy. Yes, I often have periods of tedium without anyone to work on. I'm fine with that.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one resource of which there is never enough is honor. So I always airlock 4* duplicates for the honor. Haven't kept even one.

However, now that 4* Captain Janeway can be combined with 4* Mutated Paris to form 5* Evolved Janeway, I am holding on to extra copies of both of them (and will continue to do so, space permitting, until Evolved Janeway is fully fused).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be 800 or higher, it has to be a main crew member so will be a frequent event bonus crew, and it has to be in a skill you do not have many bonus crew for that crewman in.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    None come to mind. Heck, there aren't even any 5* I would duplicate.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

In terms of deciding whether to do a second copy, my decision is usually based on whether they are a strong card, and likely to be event crew. Also, I need to have all 4 copies ready to go so I don't have to use up slots for very long.

This.

It helps to have four copies at the start so you can quickly freeze them.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    4*s that I have duplicated:

Ardra - 2 immortals. thought that I might have use for two in the arena, but ever since Ardra teamed up with Killy arena battles are so fast it hasn't been nessessary.

The Clown - 1 immortal, 1 3/4. Cited up my first copy before voyages dropped them more than once. Good SEC/ENG and makes shuttles when powerhouses are on voyages; remains to be seen if a dupe will be useful.

Sec 31 Phillipa - 1 immortal, 1 FF but unleveled (from last campaign). Not sure if I will level her, probably won't be useful.

Mirror Jadzia - 1 immortal, 1 at 3/4. Started the dupe before power creep passed her by. (This will be a pattern). At least she'll be useful in Dax events.

Ambassador Shras - 2 immortal Very Useful Both copies frequently make shuttles when my 5* COM/DIP options are on voyages.

Princess Jadzia - 2 immortal. Power creept out of relevence before second copy was finished, but glad to have for Dax events.

Victorian Pulaski - 1 immortal, 1 at 3/4. Still makes a shuttle from time to time, dont know if the second ever will.

Ambassador K'Ehleyr - 2 immortals. Power creept away long before second copy finished.

Combat Medic Paris - 2 immortals Very Useful Both used to frequently make shuttles and voyages. I have more 5* MED options now, so I don't see them as much, and I don't see a third copy helping me, but for players heading into this next event should definately consider it.

Robin Hood - 2 immortals. Actually finished the second copy with the daily login today. Like other former SEC 4* powerhouses I doubt I'll see much use outside of Picard events.

Tierran Posessed Kes - 2 immortals. COM/MED combo. Was briefly useful to have two copies before overtaken by 5* options

Alan-A-Dale - 2 immortals. Had so many extra copies while chasing the last star for Friar Tuck data I leveled him out of spite. Has not been useful at all, but maybe theres some bridge crew art in there.

Mintaken Tori - 2 immortals, 3rd copy at 2/4. Anouther 4* DIP powerhouse that hasn't seen as much use as she used to.

Since the gauntlet started dropping copies of older gauntlet crew I started work on a second copy of Locutus and Guinan.
  • Options
    None come to mind. Heck, there aren't even any 5* I would duplicate.

One comes to mind that I would dupe without a second thought: The Caretaker. Not even necessarily for his gauntlet usefulness, just that ENG/MED combo for voyages.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd even consider
    2 Gary Sevens he has the highest possible science voyage score,
    2 Braxtons highest CMD score and rarish skill set,
    2 Earharts highest Engineering voyage score,
    2 Dahar Master Koloths
    2 Warship EMAs highest MED for a 3 skill crew.

It's not too much to ask honest guv.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The only crew I've ever seriously considered is Locutus and I've not had to face that decision yet. Caretaker is pretty exceptional but his limited event utility hurts him and eventually DB will release another capable ENG proficiency crew.

Locutus wears all the hats. Strong on Voyages and Gauntlet. Decent on events and ship battles.

There are virtually no 4*'s I would consider even if I had the crew space. They're all replaceable. DB would need to do something interesting with duplicate crew for me to consider it.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The only crew I've ever seriously considered is Locutus and I've not had to face that decision yet. Caretaker is pretty exceptional but his limited event utility hurts him and eventually DB will release another capable ENG proficiency crew.

Locutus wears all the hats. Strong on Voyages and Gauntlet. Decent on events and ship battles.

The one thing about Locutus is his relatively poor base skills. His usefulness in Galaxy events is very limited even at 5/5* and only becomes useful in Faction events at 4/5* or 5/5*. I’m not saying I would turn down having two of him myself, just that it would require a lot of gauntlet luck to get there.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

- Main cast
    - Base stats
    - Equipping difficulty
    - Stat combination

Combat medic Paris I think could be useful so I would consider fusing a second copy. Proton Paris on the other hand, would be a long shot unless I was prepared to use 2 million credits and 100 x 5* replicator rations to get from level 80 to FE.

CM Paris is threshold. We'll get 4 copies, plus some gear. I shall finish a second copy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

The one thing about Locutus is his relatively poor base skills. His usefulness in Galaxy events is very limited even at 5/5* and only becomes useful in Faction events at 4/5* or 5/5*. I’m not saying I would turn down having two of him myself, just that it would require a lot of gauntlet luck to get there.

They're not poor when he's an event crew. There are better Picards (and Borg) but he's the only readily available one. Caretaker is unlikely to have any use during an event.

Luck is a factor. I've yet to see another Locutus since he left the Gauntlet. Meanwhile I would be up to 9 Caretakers (if I kept the extras).
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

- Main cast
    - Base stats
    - Equipping difficulty
    - Stat combination

CM Paris is threshold. We'll get 4 copies, plus some gear. I shall finish a second copy.

Me too, he is very good MED addition
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options

They're not poor when he's an event crew. There are better Picards (and Borg) but he's the only readily available one. Caretaker is unlikely to have any use during an event.

Luck is a factor. I've yet to see another Locutus since he left the Gauntlet. Meanwhile I would be up to 9 Caretakers (if I kept the extras).

I got one star for Locutus during his run and then the one from the achievement versus three Caretakers...somehow, I’ve already gotten four Armii, though. RNGesus is fickle, for sure.