Home The Bridge

Windows 10 App

Just downloaded the Windows 10 App for Star Trek Timelines. It works quite well on my laptop, even better than the Steam App implementation.

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you watch ads on it?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have ads?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • No ads yet, as far as I can see. For me, the plus is that I'm in China, and with this version, I don't need to turn on a VPN to access Google Play services. So, it seems to connect and work faster for me.
  • Seems to perform well, but too bad it doesn't appear to support ads.

Back to the Android emulator... sigh...
    edited May 2019
    Can you imagine a world where people want ads?

Inconceivable!

I have you know the dairy milk ad with the gorilla and phil collins playing in the background is a must!
    ;)

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Inconceivable!

I have you know the dairy milk ad with the gorilla and phil collins playing in the background is a must!
    ;)

Is that for real? If so, never seen it.
    Too bad. Please let us know if ads ever show up. Without I am out.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Inconceivable!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    edited May 2019

Inconceivable!

;)

Sadly it is CGI but impressive nonetheless it's quite an old add now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo
    I laughed earlier today, got a GoT slots game ad. Hard to believe someone would play the game.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Inconceivable!

;)

Errr... it's definitely someone in a gorilla costume! :D
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Inconceivable!

;)

err most cgi involves someone in a costume, cgi was still in it's infancy so yes you are right it's a guy in a costume but they used CGI to enhance the effect.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Inconceivable!

;)

err most cgi involves someone in a costume, cgi was still in it's infancy so yes you are right it's a guy in a costume but they used CGI to enhance the effect.

Just because most CGI involves someone in a costume doesn't mean having someone in a costume mostly involves CGI. ;)

It's quite an interesting ad, it's worth reading about if you have the time. What may be particularly interesting to you is the way they made it with an animatronic gorilla costume (originally from the movie 'Congo'), and no CGI! Although if you have a source for your claim it's CGI, I'll certainly take the time to read it.
    edited May 2019
    Ok, ads in Europe are different - each and every ad is for other mobile games. It is hard to stay away from zombies & ship battles nowadays even if you hate the setting. Brainwash seems to be the cure to such a deviant attitude.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Inconceivable!

;)

That is great. I'm waiting for him to eat a candy bar or drink a glass of milk, and then 1:05 happens.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan - Do you know if there are any plans for a special offer for Windows 10 users, like there was when Timelines launched on Steam? For those who don't remember or weren't around, these were sold as DLC through Steam rather than as Time Portal or in-game offers, and included the following:
    Steam Starter Pack £6.99 GBP (~ $10)
    Ten 10x Premium Packs
    500,000 Credits
    700 Dilithium
    500 VIP points

Steam Fleet Commander Pack £29.99 GBP (~ $40)
    1,500 Legendary Borg Scout Ship schematics
    1,500 Legendary H.M.S. Bounty schematics
    1,200 Super Rare U.S.S. Defiant schematics
    1,200 Super Rare U.S.S. Enterprise-D schematics
    4,000 Dilithium (normally £45.99 GBP by itself)
    2,000 VIP points
    zsozwxsl69e9.jpeg
    I’m playing through the intro but haven’t signed in yet.
  • I live in the US and don't see it in the store.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    There are no special offers like the Steam DLC.
    The offer shown by Legate is actually the NPE offer. If you purchase it and then sign in it will not be added to your existing account.

A reminder that you do not need to go through the NPE to sign in, the option is available well before that.
    Did you sign in or play through the intro?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in the US and don't see it in the store.

Where are you looking?
    The windows store app on your device or on microsoft.com?
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows app store, cheaper than google play, more expensive than amazon app store.
    Amazon

z1o9q4lulgs6.jpg

Windows
    qarwrwh47yv2.jpg

Google

j80ckf63obtd.jpg
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There are no special offers like the Steam DLC.
    The offer shown by Legate is actually the NPE offer. If you purchase it and then sign in it will not be added to your existing account.

A reminder that you do not need to go through the NPE to sign in, the option is available well before that.

Thanks for that clarification, @Shan!
  • BigguyinblackBigguyinblack ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Microsoft Store app on my computer. I just tried going to the microsoft site and I don't see it there either. Star Trek online but not Timelines.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft Store app on my computer. I just tried going to the microsoft site and I don't see it there either. Star Trek online but not Timelines.

3fkl9xascirb.png

Hmm that is odd, here is what I see.
    You have to type the full name though.
    Here is the url as well: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/star-trek-timelines/9nssc23md6rb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    I did a search for Timelines and as I typed it was eventually the only choice.