Home The Bridge

Windows 10 App

2»

Comments

• Ah that was the issue. It was auto completing star trek options and I hadn't added timelines. All good now.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    6vg33nouvz12.jpeg
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    No ads? That's a solid "No." Take it and your Steam version and your FB version and burn 'em.
  • [SJ] Admiral Aki[SJ] Admiral Aki ✭✭✭✭
    No ads? That's a solid "No." Take it and your Steam version and your FB version and burn 'em.

Jeez... I'd just be happy to get a Linux version, adverts or no. I guess some people are never happy!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez... I'd just be happy to get a Linux version, adverts or no. I guess some people are never happy!

Android emulator. Best of both worlds as there are versions that run on Linux and then you get ads. :)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Well these versions are very useful for some of our players so I am glad we are able to provide everyone with a platform that suits them.

As for the lack of ads on some platforms, that is unfortunately up to the ad networks themselves.

Okay, but is there any particular reason why DB can't compensate and enable bonus scans/warps on the other platforms? Or at least tell the ad networks you're going to do that, which would devalue their mobile-only ads, which in turn ought to prompt them to expand to other platforms. It's what Quark would do.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I DL'd it about 8 minutes ago....

83avc9gl46uf.jpg

Apparently, my spore drive requires a great amount of priming!

-EDIT-
    Don't worry, that's not my real DBID ;)
    Shan wrote: »

Well these versions are very useful for some of our players so I am glad we are able to provide everyone with a platform that suits them.

As for the lack of ads on some platforms, that is unfortunately up to the ad networks themselves.

I'm always down for alternate platforms. I'm one of those folks who cannot open packs on my phone without risking a behold locking me out, so I like having options like this to safely open packs.
  • ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    Good job adding another cross-play platform. The client runs nice and smooth. Loading screen is nice :)

Pricing is better vs Google Play or Steam, at least in CDN. 9.99 for the Combat Medic Paris offer vs 12.99 on Google play or 13.99 on STEAM.

The USS Discovery warping is broken graphically. The ship looked normal on initial load, but after turned into this:

pf3p3xuruplg.png

Guess I'll fiddle around and add to the thread in the Engineering room.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, but is there any particular reason why DB can't at least tell the ad networks you're going to do that, which would devalue their mobile-only ads, which in turn ought to prompt them to expand to other platforms.

Based on what you always tell us about your crew and resources (better said lack of it for someone who plays for over 3 years) this is your most "classical" Travis yet :D;):p Meaning:

Despite not being amazing in playing a "simple" card collecting and resource management game efficiently and competitively you feel you have THE advise to multi million companies how to run their business. Good one ;)B):p

And thx DB and Shan for also bringing it to this platform. When such things happen, it is an indicator that there is still life in STT.

Also we are living in the era of the mobiles. And STT started off mainly keeping mobile in mind. And I zero see a problem in no adds for PC etc. Add thingies on the mobile, longer sessions like in a Galaxy on the PC = a good mix.
  • It works greatly, I hope ads are added as Microsoft Store supports apps with ads, so there is no issue there, as of now, I will keep playing on emulator as the ads bonus are too good to skip, which is a shame, as the game is prettier and faster on the native Windows 10 app
  • MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Good job adding another cross-play platform. The client runs nice and smooth. Loading screen is nice :)

Pricing is better vs Google Play or Steam, at least in CDN. 9.99 for the Combat Medic Paris offer vs 12.99 on Google play or 13.99 on STEAM.

That's interesting - because I play on PC through Steam, and on Android. BOTH of these platforms have the offer for Combat Medic Paris priced at $9.99
    MRNelson wrote: »
    That's interesting - because I play on PC through Steam, and on Android. BOTH of these platforms have the offer for Combat Medic Paris priced at $9.99

Very interesting indeed.

You're in Canada?

Here's what I'm seeing

STEAM

c9fu62wzttt8.png

Windows 10

2df8yf99q3eo.png

Android

i5smpo5666zw.png

Facebook:

obdgz2agma3r.png

Note - Yes, I'm aware the different platforms take a cut of transactions, this is more for awareness :)
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    No, I am playing in US - Specifically MN
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRNelson wrote: »
    No, I am playing in US - Specifically MN

Pricing doesn’t change depending on platform for those of us in the US. It’s a function of currency conversion rates the individual platforms use for non-US currencies.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, but is there any particular reason why DB can't at least tell the ad networks you're going to do that, which would devalue their mobile-only ads, which in turn ought to prompt them to expand to other platforms.

Based on what you always tell us about your crew and resources (better said lack of it for someone who plays for over 3 years) this is your most "classical" Travis yet :D;):p

That was in my estimation uncalled for and I think you should apologize. I don't quite know how you intended this to sound, but it comes across as bullying, and I will not tolerate this level of name-calling.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭

Weird. I'm also in Canada but I'm seeing the Combat Medic Paris offer for $12.79 CDN on Windows 10 app, and $12.99 on Android/Google Play.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird. I'm also in Canada but I'm seeing the Combat Medic Paris offer for $12.79 CDN on Windows 10 app, and $12.99 on Android/Google Play.

I'm seeing the 12.79$ price as well. Marginally better, but I'm not sure it'll change my playing/spending habits at all.
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm seeing the 12.79$ price as well. Marginally better, but I'm not sure it'll change my playing/spending habits at all.

Mystery solved. Oddly enough, having never bought anything from the store before, I never set the region up properly. With the correct region set, I see slightly higher pricing (aka currency adjusted pricing).

dn4daieig5w7.png
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    @Shan Any word on the CPU usage of the Win10 store version ?
    On my surface 3 tablet the store version is very very slow compared to the steam/facebook version on the same device.