Home The Bridge

Mega Event Packs

Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
During the last mega event the end of mega packs were priced differently and we had different packs available for the first three weeks. Will this continue? Will it revert back to the original structure? Thoughts? My OH thinks if they'd changed it back to the way it was before they would have let us know
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, I had wondered too. I liked the discount packs. I would advise just buying the 480 ones with three people in it than the 390 one at the end with everyone. I bought dozens a ton of the 390 packs and had terrible results.
    Let’s fly!
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I got eight (edit: nine, sorry! Forgot one!) legendaries from getting 21 of the 390 packs, so I recommend those. ;)

The answer to whether or not any pack is worth it is, of course, it depends what you get from it!
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I got eight (edit: nine, sorry! Forgot one!) legendaries from getting 21 of the 390 packs, so I recommend those. ;)

The answer to whether or not any pack is worth it is, of course, it depends what you get from it!

I got 3 legendaries from my 21 packs of which only two were for event crew. I will stick to the 480 packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both are a reasonable deal...the second stats on both Gladiator Spock and the Commandant as well as three stars on Rura Penthe Kirk went over very well for me.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 3 legendaries from my 21 packs of which only two were for event crew. I will stick to the 480 packs.

Someone showed me the math a while back that statistically, you can expect an average of 1 begold per 7.5 packs. Sounds like you beat the average by 1.5 pulls getting 3 legends. Your random luck resulting from selecting 390 packs or 480 packs should not convince you of any pattern. This game is all math.

Someone showed me the math a while back that statistically, you can expect an average of 1 begold per 7.5 packs. Sounds like you beat the average by 1.5 pulls getting 3 legends. Your random luck resulting from selecting 390 packs or 480 packs should not convince you of any pattern. This game is all math.
    That is a lot of dilithium for not much though. I took three legendaries from 1/5 to 2/5.
    Let’s fly!

That is a lot of dilithium for not much though. I took three legendaries from 1/5 to 2/5.

At 390 dilithium per pack, it is not a lot of dilithium, by comparison to just about any other dilithium crew pack in the game!

Mathematically, it makes the most sense. Warning people off because of your perceived bad luck (statistically good luck, but hey) is like telling us what lottery numbers we shouldn't pick this week because they didn't win for you last week. It's always a gamble. All you can do is optimize your chances, and the 390 packs do exactly that by giving you more chances.
    edited June 2019

At 390 dilithium per pack, it is not a lot of dilithium, by comparison to just about any other dilithium crew pack in the game!

Mathematically, it makes the most sense. Warning people off because of your perceived bad luck (statistically good luck, but hey) is like telling us what lottery numbers we shouldn't pick this week because they didn't win for you last week. It's always a gamble. All you can do is optimize your chances, and the 390 packs do exactly that by giving you more chances.
    21 packs even at 390 is quite a lot unless you are saying 8190 dilithium is not a lot. I never said people could not buy the 390 dilithium packs if they wanted. I simply advised doing the 480 ones instead as you have a better chance of getting the exact legendary you want. The 390 packs are cheaper but with so many legendaries you are far less likely to get the one you want so harder to lvl that legendary up to 5/5. So it really depends on what odds you are looking at: the odds of getting a legendary or the odds of getting a specific legendary. Perhaps I could have elaborated more on why I was advising people to buy the 480 packs over the 390 packs but as with any advice people can take it or leave it as they see fit.
    Let’s fly!

21 packs even at 390 is quite a lot unless you are saying 8190 dilithium is not a lot.

I'm saying it's not a lot by comparison to just about any other dilithium crew pack in the game. (Which is why I wrote "by comparison to just about any other dilithium crew pack in the game!", just to make it completely clear.)

It's a saving of ~2000 over the 480 packs, or ~5000 over the standard pack price. Or are you saying 2000 dilithium is not a lot? ;) To non-whales like me, 2000 is a lot!

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caveat emptor, y’all. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Shan say the prices would be the same? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. First, I'm curious to know if they will be the same. Second, if we don't know, then @PenguinJim and @(HGH)Apollo are having a purely academic debate. It will really only be relevant if prices are the same as last time.

Personally, I don't want to play that last hybrid with 4/5 Janeway. I want the full 5/5, so I will probably cite early and do the 480 packs. I would hate to do 390 and get another Janeway that I don't need. Which packs are a better deal depends more on preference, if you ask me. And my preference is the 480 packs, if prices stay the same.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited June 2019
    Did Shan say the prices would be the same? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

I have asked Shan in the Event thread, but she hasn't been online for a couple of days. We have to wait for her to get back.

I have asked Shan in the Event thread, but she hasn't been online for a couple of days. We have to wait for her to get back.

I saw that it was asked. I wasn't sure if I missed the reply. Thank you for confirming that I did not.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly a good point to decide if you like all the mega event legends enough to buy the overall event packs or if you really want one of the specific ones instead. Regardless of dil cost, if you don't want some of the mega crew that is probably not a good risk.

Last mega I obtained all of the crew because I liked them all or they were a benefit to my roster. This event I've skipped chasing Tuvok after so many sec/eng crew lately, so depending on how I feel about the other mega legends the overall mega pack might not be a good choice for me.

I saw that it was asked. I wasn't sure if I missed the reply. Thank you for confirming that I did not.

Cross-posting from the Event thread:
    Shan wrote: »
    For this Mega-Event there will be the same types of packs, prices and packs schedule as for the last Mega-Event :)

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Now the question is will there be two discount survivalist packs weeks 1-3 or just one? Last mega had both prisoners and interrogators and one pack for each. This mega only has survivalists so will there be one pack or two?
    Let’s fly!
    Now the question is will there be two discount survivalist packs weeks 1-3 or just one? Last mega had both prisoners and interrogators and one pack for each. This mega only has survivalists so will there be one pack or two?

From the standpoint that there is sufficient crew available, I'm hopeful that there will be two packs. But from DB doing unpredictable things in the past... I have to say that I don't know what to expect.
    Farewell 🖖
    They could almost do a pack from each of the six series, but I don't think there's enough from TOS. I don't have T'Mir or Martia finished, so I would like to see those two together. If they want to make some money, they could do Rura Penthe Commandant before/during the Skirmish. I might try to finish him, if they do.
    Farewell 🖖
    Well, they did ENT and DSC. I'm curious to see how this continues, particularly for TOS.
    Farewell 🖖
    Well, they did ENT and DSC. I'm curious to see how this continues, particularly for TOS.
    Just look to see who is two skill and that is who it will be.
    Let’s fly!
    Just look to see who is two skill and that is who it will be.

All I saw was Martia. Think she'll be with Rura Penthe Commandant and another legendary next week, before Skirmish? (Kind of like the semi-recent pack with Mirror Uhura, Mirror Kirk, and Mirror Spock.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do a TOS Survivalist pack, it'd almost certainly be based on Martia and Evil Kirk. The 5* choices are:

Rura Penthe Commandant (also from VI, as is Martia)
    Survivalist Kirk (he'd make two Kirks in the pack, but the dude has Survivalist literally in his name)
    Wrathful Khan (no direct connection to either Martia or Evil Kirk)

I don't need Martia or Evil Kirk, but at half price, I'd take a whack at a piñata containing any of those three. I've got a 1/5 Commandant and a 4/5 Khan and I'd like Kirk since I love "Arena".
  • How do I make a thread?

Commenting this question randomly because I can't make a thread to post it anywhere else.
    GripAddict wrote: »
    How do I make a thread?

Commenting this question randomly because I can't make a thread to post it anywhere else.

In forum bridge page you click new discusion button on the top right.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do a TOS Survivalist pack, it'd almost certainly be based on Martia and Evil Kirk. The 5* choices are:

Survivalist Kirk (he'd make two Kirks in the pack, but the dude has Survivalist literally in his name)

I don't need Martia or Evil Kirk, but at half price, I'd take a whack at a piñata containing any of those three. I've got a 1/5 Commandant and a 4/5 Khan and I'd like Kirk since I love "Arena".

If DB takes a secret user poll for this, I would prefer Survivalist Kirk, then RP Kirk, then Khan. I need two stars to finish the first two and three or four to finish the long-unused Khan...
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

If DB takes a secret user poll for this, I would prefer Survivalist Kirk, then RP Kirk, then Khan. I need two stars to finish the first two and three or four to finish the long-unused Khan...

You'd have my vote as well. I need 4 more stars for each of them plus Rura Penthe Commandant.

:: waits for turn to whack piñata ::
    I missed Evil Kirk. Do they have to be in Portal to get in these mega event discount packs?

RP Commandant would be best for Arena/Skirmish. He's basically another Killy. I would definitely pull for RPC. I would probably pull for Survivalist Kirk. Any others would not be worth the risk of getting more Evil Kirk's that I don't need.
    Farewell 🖖