Home The Bridge

Future Campaigns

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I could sure use another Reverend Phlox. Bet alot of people would pony up $10 for him

Professor Hoshi in the same light.

Most definitely. Discovery Number One has some good stats as well

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    My June wish was - Athletes

4* - Buck Bokai
    5* - Tucker On-the-Ropes.

I don't agree with creating new crew just so they can be featured in campaigns (I guess I could read that into how the OP wrote their statement ... or the new crew could be in Tuesday packs).
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    My June wish was - Athletes

4* - Buck Bokai
    5* - Tucker On-the-Ropes.

I don't agree with creating new crew just so they can be featured in campaigns (I guess I could read that into how the OP wrote their statement ... or the new crew could be in Tuesday packs).

Yes, that would have been FANTASTIC! A majority of new and veteran players would have all been happy. Unlike #PicardGate2 :(
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    DB's deafening silence on this issue is telltale. They will be nerfing campaigns going forward. look for recent event characters for the standard track and mega event and compensation characters for premium track going forward.

I have replied in the Picard campaign thread, how is that silence?
    I will reiterate here if it helps, all the feedback provided has been forwarded to the team and we will iterate on how we select crew for campaigns.

That does not mean that you will get the crew you want in each campaign, and this does not constitute a nerf.

@all: thanks for the suggestions in this thread!

Thanks, Shan. We appreciate your role in communicating with us about the game and with the management team about our views as players.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could sure use another Reverend Phlox. Bet alot of people would pony up $10 for him
    I hear you, My 5/5 Reverend Phlox is sooooo good. High medical with strong command and a tertiary diplomacy. So many uses. He is really helped my voyages. :)
    Let’s fly!
    A spiritual/med theme for a campaign would be great. Reverend Phlox and Vedek Bareil or Sybok maybe?
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    I hear you, My 5/5 Reverend Phlox is sooooo good. High medical with strong command and a tertiary diplomacy. So many uses. He is really helped my voyages. :)

He’s voyage gold!!
    A spiritual/med theme for a campaign would be great. Reverend Phlox and Vedek Bareil or Sybok maybe?

I think there’s a call for a new 4* Wynn. I liked her character
  • edited June 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    DB's deafening silence on this issue is telltale. They will be nerfing campaigns going forward. look for recent event characters for the standard track and mega event and compensation characters for premium track going forward.

I will reiterate here if it helps, all the feedback provided has been forwarded to the team and we will iterate on how we select crew for campaigns.

That does not mean that you will get the crew you want in each campaign, and this does not constitute a nerf.

You stated that the feedback is being considered by the team. Is it being actioned for this campaign or dropped for consideration?

That is the response we've been waiting for and have received deafening silence instead.

If this campaign goes forward with Mirror Picard and Admiral Picard, it most definitely constitutes a nerf and would be definitive that feedback is not being considered.

This is not about crew that I want. This is not about veteran players vs new players.

This is about being oblivious as to what constitutes nerfing and broken promises about considering feedback.

I won't pull any punches here: DB has always stated that it will consider things going forward yet time and time again, they continue to make these obtuse decisions.
  • Even with repeats, it is worth all the loot one gets, such as 10x crew pulls and dilithium. So, although both mine are maxed, I'm in.
  • @Synthetic Commander I am hoping for a response to change that decision. Thx #NoMoreMirrorPicards
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Synthetic Commander I am hoping for a response to change that decision. Thx #NoMoreMirrorPicards

I suspect you won't get it.
    edited June 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    @Synthetic Commander I am hoping for a response to change that decision. Thx #NoMoreMirrorPicards

It looks to me like DB is running an experiment to determine the customer response to the premium track on the campaigns. This last month, they ran with one of the most beloved characters in all of Trek, using two newer, harder to obtain versions of him. This coming month, they're running with the most beloved captains in all of Trek, but using the two versions least likely to be needed by players. Then they're going to look at the difference in how much they made from each of those offers to determine what's the most crew "value" needed in order to reach certain levels of income from the offer. It strikes me as an intelligent way to assess the interest of the player base in the premium track based on overall rewards vs. specifically the legendary crew on offer.
    edited June 2019
    Deleted - comment repeated by mistake.
  • Mirror Picard will become the first 5 star crew more common than several 4 star crew in the game currently. After a Mega + a free give away to all players + premium track. #StopMirrorPicardCrayCray
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
    robownage wrote: »

It looks to me like DB is running an experiment to determine the customer response to the premium track on the campaigns. This last month, they ran with one of the most beloved characters in all of Trek, using two newer, harder to obtain versions of him. This coming month, they're running with the most beloved captains in all of Trek, but using the two versions least likely to be needed by players. Then they're going to look at the difference in how much they made from each of those offers to determine what's the most crew "value" needed in order to reach certain levels of income from the offer. It strikes me as an intelligent way to assess the interest of the player base in the premium track based on overall rewards vs. specifically the legendary crew on offer.

Or they could have just done a survey ahead of time, achieved the information and not frustrated many veterans.
    Let’s fly!
    Would be good if we could get a little more info from DB. For example, "we have listened to the complaints but the campaign crew will not change. We chose these two specifically of all the Picards because..." And some info about future campaign crew selections. But I guess that will not be coming and we can assume the crew for this campaign will not be changed. I agree it is a lowering of the crew in the campaign to reuse a mega recurring legendary. I also agree that it does not help for players to say that they would buy the campaign regardless of who or if there was a legendary in the campaigns. Players saying that they would take less stuff for $10 will get exactly that, less stuff. Why would DB give more when they could give less for the same amount of revenue? I think sales of the campaign will be down compared to the previous two but will it be enough more than the gradual decline in sales for any product over time? I would like to see future campaigns stick to pack only crew or crew that were in just one event and never a mega recurring legendary.
    Let’s fly!
    edited June 2019
    [This] was an intentional decision.

Yes, I believe it was intentional. As I mention above, I think this is an experiment they are running. A dispassionate Spock might call it a highly intelligent approach. A passionate Picard might say . . .

RashWelllitKestrel-size_restricted.gif
    edited June 2019
    [This] was an intentional decision.

Yes, I believe it was intentional. As I mention above, I think this is an experiment they are running. A dispassionate Spock might call it a highly intelligent approach. A passionate Picard might say . . .

Hehe, I love that Picard quote. Yes I believe it is an experiment by DB. But I can have an experiment too and see how well I do without buying a campaign and decide if I want to buy campaigns in the future. Many of us veterans had this reaction when we saw the campaign crew was going to be Admiral Picard and Mirror Jean-Luc Picard.
    2ygc1jon8jbp.gif

Let’s fly!
    edited June 2019
    Yes I believe it is an experiment by DB. But I can have an experiment too and see how well I do without buying a campaign and decide if I want to buy campaigns in the future.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Shan wrote: »

You stated that the feedback is being considered by the team. Is it being actioned for this campaign or dropped for consideration?

That is the response we've been waiting for and have received deafening silence instead.

If this campaign goes forward with Mirror Picard and Admiral Picard, it most definitely constitutes a nerf and would be definitive that feedback is not being considered.

This is not about crew that I want. This is not about veteran players vs new players.

This is about being oblivious as to what constitutes nerfing and broken promises about considering feedback.

I won't pull any punches here: DB has always stated that it will consider things going forward yet time and time again, they continue to make these obtuse decisions.

As has already been stated (and liked lots of times), there are those even on this forum who appreciate the opportunity to get/finish Mirror Picard, the strongest crew yet offered in a campaign by a wide margin. He's so strong he's even a viable candidate to keep a second copy. "We" are NOT hoping for a response to change that decision, as there are plenty of newer players who don't have him finished (or perhaps were busy during that mega).

Shan's replied that you and others have been heard, and your feedback will be considered (as well as the purchasing rate for the general player base for this campaign beyond the forum participants).

With all due respect, your response is exactly what Shan was referring to, and the exact opposite I was addressing.

This is not about you. This is not about the crew in your account, or anyone else's account (as I said in my post, this is not about new vs old players).

This is about the precedent that DB is setting by even entertaining the possibility of nerfing the campaigns with a mega event character.

I would hold the same position if it was T'kuvma, Thrax, Prisoner Cornwall, etc.

I would not be raising this issue if it was for a random 5* I happen to have FF.

So it's not about the crew in my account either.

Will you be holding the same position if next month the campaign characters are Desperate Janeway and General Martok? No, because now you have them, even if a new player doesn't.

But by supporting this choice of character, or worse, people buying the premium tier because the rest of it is worth it... That's the dangerous precedent being set! That's sending a message to DB that the 5* crew is worthless in the campaign! That's not the message we, as a collective player base, want to give to DB.

It's about DB's decision making, setting precedent, broken promises, and nerfing paid goodies.

If this were really about replaying mega event characters, DB would have chosen the first mega event character. No, instead, they chose the mega event character that had a ridiculous scandal attached to it. That was an intentional decision.

After PicardGate, DB promised to reexamine their crew selection decision making. Yet, this still happens again and again. Even with this, Shan has promised that the team will reexamine the decision, but nothing has been announced for this upcoming campaign.

I believe you are putting words in her mouth, here is a direct quote from earlier on this page:
    "I will reiterate here if it helps, all the feedback provided has been forwarded to the team and we will iterate on how we select crew for campaigns."

This statement does not promise that this upcoming already announced campaign specifically will be re-examined, it mentions that the crew selection process (which has already happened in this case, that's why we know about it) will be considered. You mention picardgate being related to "crew selection decision making". What made people upset there was the delivery of the same crew for free after the mega, not crew selection.

I fail to understand the opposition to mega crew anyways, since the re-run events we get now to get a chance at older crew don't include mega crew, so it's very hard for newer players to get them. Re-runs also allow people a chance at older cards, just as the campaign now is offering an opportunity at one of the mega crew that's otherwise only obtainable through RNG drops or event packs that include them. I feel bad for people in my fleet who began playing after me, who not only don't have mirror picard but also don't have Bell Riots Bashir or Cornwell. They are still in the struggle for MED crew many of us shared before them. I would not begrudge them the chance at cornwell or bashir in a campaign, just because I don't need them. I have no requirement to buy the campaign every month if I don't want to.

Nearly every other in-app purchase game has a solution for giving new players an opportunity to catch up. It's called catch up packs. And as you said, re-runs of prior events give players an opportunity to earn a first or second star for a prior event. DB already employs both. Mirror Picard was also offered this way (reminder, that happened after DB stated that would never happen).

Campaigns are a different animal though. It's a month long commitment *and* purchase - the reward for which is something most/some already have.

Again, random 5* is the only logical choice for campaigns. Mega event crew is nothing but nerfing campaigns and will result in lower sales compared to a random 5*.

Equally illogical would be gauntlet crew (Locutus, Armus, etc). And this comes from an early player who was one of the last to get a Locutus. If a gauntlet crew was the campaign 5*, everyone would have the same reaction.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give DB/TP the benefit of the doubt on this one & hope they do more surveys. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Perhaps they are seeing how many people will buy the premium track solely for the rewards and not the crew therein
  • edited June 2019
    I'm not a whale and I got the shaft on this one.
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    That says it all.

Yeah..but..but..someone, somewhere out there doesn't have him. And without the hard data, your point is invalid. (these are the responses you will get)
  • [This] was an intentional decision.

OF COURSE it's intentional. It's one of two things. 1 - Deliberate and Intentional, or 2 - Idiocy. I refuse to believe they are that dumb. Conclusion...DB is trolling us all in response to the original PicardGate. It's not like this is anything new.
    edited June 2019
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    That says it all.

Yeah..but..but..someone, somewhere out there doesn't have him. And without the hard data, your point is invalid. (these are the responses you will get)
    If a picture says a thousand words how many does a screenshot?
    Let’s fly!