Home The Bridge

Future Campaigns

As there is some dissent about the Picard Campaign, let's discuss possible future campaigns we would like to see, so DB has a better idea what to put forth.

My ideas thus far:
Mirror universe: 4* How about a new Mirror Riker? 5* Usurper Lorca or Mirror Sulu
Dax-imated: 4* New Prisoner Ezri, 5* Bell Riots Jadzia or Alt Future Jadzia
Maquis: 4* Disguised Chakotay, new 5* Lieutenant Ro or Maquis Insurgent Ro
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for the two dozen whales that have him: would you be terribly offended if Astrosciences Sulu ended up in a campaign? I’d be all over a campaign with him and maybe a new 4* Dr. Mark Piper.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for the two dozen whales that have him: would you be terribly offended if Astrosciences Sulu ended up in a campaign? I’d be all over a campaign with him and maybe a new 4* Dr. Mark Piper.

If you would have asked nice you might even get some more serious replies.
    But of course all spenders and „whales“ hate if exclusive crew gets offered in campaigns, cause we are the bad guys, well i am in fact a [BAD] guy after all. ;)

Serious answer:

I couldn t care less, as long as DB doesn t put someone as campaign legendary that has been pack exclusive or an event legendary just 4 weeks ago. :p
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some interesting/creative new Timelines Originals.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

What is there for those two dozen to be "offended" about? That common riffraff might get hold of their status symbol? Absurd.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if DB allowed a vote ahead of time of two or three legendary choices or legendary people and then DB chooses the super rare from that person. I think next campaign should be two brand new crew never before seen. That would be awesome.
    Let’s fly!

But of course all spenders and „whales“ hate if exclusive crew gets offered in campaigns, cause we are the bad guys, well i am in fact a [BAD] guy after all. ;)

Serious answer:

I couldn t care less, as long as DB doesn t put someone as campaign legendary that has been pack exclusive or an event legendary just 4 weeks ago. :p

What is there for those two dozen to be "offended" about? That common riffraff might get hold of their status symbol? Absurd.

After some of the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Mirror Picard, it’s hard to tell how people would react and I’m honestly surprised both of you appeared to take the wording of my question so poorly. Maybe I could have chosen a better adjective? I did not mean any offense.

In any case, I asked because of a post that I think our beloved Frank made a while back, saying that there were likely only about 25 players that successfully got Astrosciences Sulu from that insane 10,000 dil pack that only guaranteed a chance at getting him. Aside from the fact that his skills are virtually identical to (if not slightly worse than) Captain Spock, that character strikes me as a perfect one to feature in a campaign because Sulu is a beloved character and this version is practically nonexistent in the field.
    I'm not a whale and I got the shaft on this one.
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    That says it all.
    Let’s fly!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Cross posting from the Picard gripe session thread...

Possible idea for a future campaign. DB picks who/what the theme is and then you get beholds at the crew tiers from a pool only relevant to that theme. So for this one the 5* would draw from a limited pool of only Picard's meaning you could get possible choices of...

Mirror JLP
    Mambo Picard
    Romulan Picard
    Musky Picard
    C.O.P. Picard
    E-E Picard
    Smitten Picard
    Augment Picard

...and for the 4*, a pool of...

Irumodic Picard
    Admiral Picard
    Tommy Gun Dix
    Dixon Hill
    Galen

Or would that be too much RNG for folks? (I suppose DB could pick the 3 crew in the behold and have them the same every time too)
    At the end of some of the lvls in the game you get your choice of a faction and the crewmember that accompanies it. Maybe DB could give the players a choice of 2 at the beginning of the campaign. And the one you choose goes into the campaign.
    Let’s fly!
  • I've got a zillion wishes, so instead I'll just outline some conditions I would greatly appreciate for the selection process:

*No 4* who has been Featured in an event within the previous month or is scheduled to Feature in an event the following two months. (Being Bonus Crew is fine.)

*No 4* who has been in the Daily Rewards for the calendar year.

*No 5* who has been a Mega-Event Recurring Legendary, although I might be open to a Campaign that featured one star of four different such crew. I don't need any of them, but it might be neat for newer players or older ones who have abstained from citing them to 5/5.

Also, I'm undecided how I feel about making the Campaign rewards brand new, unless they go into the Time Portal sooner than the Portal Updates, which seem to have become biannual instead of quarterly as we were once told was the intention. I see the appeal, but I also have a lot of crew already who, like half of the Sneeches, are in want of stars.

Mostly DITTO.
    Except i feel pretty strong about event recurrent mega reward. If you didnt work to get them you shouldnt get them. That sets a standard where accomplishing event goals means nothing.
    Regular event crew after 6 months from release in event would be an ok compromise.
    Also agree NO new crew. We get on average 3-5 new crew a week as is.
    Maybe some tue release crew.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of some of the lvls in the game you get your choice of a faction and the crewmember that accompanies it. Maybe DB could give the players a choice of 2 at the beginning of the campaign. And the one you choose goes into the campaign.

I would be down with this. Or even choose your campaign theme

Banjo1012 wrote: »

I would be down with this. Or even choose your campaign theme
    I like that even better. Choose a campaign theme. Great idea.
    Let’s fly!
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a zillion wishes, so instead I'll just outline some conditions I would greatly appreciate for the selection process:

*No 4* who has been Featured in an event within the previous month or is scheduled to Feature in an event the following two months. (Being Bonus Crew is fine.)

*No 5* who has been a Mega-Event Recurring Legendary, although I might be open to a Campaign that featured one star of four different such crew. I don't need any of them, but it might be neat for newer players or older ones who have abstained from citing them to 5/5.

Also, I'm undecided how I feel about making the Campaign rewards brand new, unless they go into the Time Portal sooner than the Portal Updates, which seem to have become biannual instead of quarterly as we were once told was the intention. I see the appeal, but I also have a lot of crew already who, like half of the Sneeches, are in want of stars.

Mostly DITTO.
    Except i feel pretty strong about event recurrent mega reward. If you didnt work to get them you shouldnt get them. That sets a standard where accomplishing event goals means nothing.
    Regular event crew after 6 months from release in event would be an ok compromise.

Does anyone really work for the recurring Mega 5*? It is set so low in the threshold rewards that very little effort is required to get it.....up to four stars anyway.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a zillion wishes, so instead I'll just outline some conditions I would greatly appreciate for the selection process:

Mostly DITTO.

Does anyone really work for the recurring Mega 5*? It is set so low in the threshold rewards that very little effort is required to get it.....up to four stars anyway.

Ha! No. The mega is what I would call low hanging fruit
  • I would suggest for future campaigns that perhaps every 3rd campaign could be new crew, which could lower the irritation when an episode like this happens where there are a lot of irritated players.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross posting from the Picard gripe session thread...

Possible idea for a future campaign. DB picks who/what the theme is and then you get beholds at the crew tiers from a pool only relevant to that theme. So for this one the 5* would draw from a limited pool of only Picard's meaning you could get possible choices of...

Mirror JLP
    Mambo Picard
    Romulan Picard
    Musky Picard
    C.O.P. Picard
    E-E Picard
    Smitten Picard
    Augment Picard

...and for the 4*, a pool of...

Irumodic Picard
    Admiral Picard
    Tommy Gun Dix
    Dixon Hill
    Galen

Or would that be too much RNG for folks? (I suppose DB could pick the 3 crew in the behold and have them the same every time too)

I like this idea, however to keep it a little more simple, and perhaps only offer a specific 3, that way you could choose to get 4/5 of a single Gold, or one of each +1*, etc. (In the case that you already have all 3, but need to add cites.)

Same applies to the purple.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, @Dirk Gunderson, my criticism wasn't of your interest in having Astrosciences Sulu in a Campaign. It's of the contingent of players who feel that their status symbol's scarcity should be preserved ad infinitum because it becomes a "slap in the face" if anyone else gets it later at all, let alone without spending a car payment to get it. This is not to say he should be featured in a Campaign, mind you; just that he should not be kept out of circulation to mollify a segment of the player base that's jealous over its status symbols (such as they are).

Also, I want to acknowledge that several of the big spenders, such as that 25 who snagged Astrosciences Sulu, have consistently pushed back against that kind of childish elitism. Frank and Silver come to mind, but I know there are others. It'd be erroneous to paint them all with the same brush.

Fully agree Travis. It´d be erroneous to paint everyone with the same brush. In this posting you don´t. But usually you are the first on the line to defend FTP players, attribute them with pride for their way of play etc. But always seem to speak in disdain and bad of bigger spenders. Which is, to use an earlier term of yours, absurd. Especially coming from one of the biggest Star Trek bibles we have in this forum, someone who lives and breathes Star Trek with every fiber of his body. At least that is how you come across. And with that said you surely are well aware of the term IDIC.

You mentioned the term status symbol 2 times here. Since, as you said, we should not paint everyone with the same brush let´s say there are maybe people who see certain things like that, but that must be a minority. More people don´t see certain crew as a status symbol, but want them as example for event and other advantages. Or because they simply care more to have certain cards than others. And also "show" that by spending.

Furthermore as Mr Squirrel pointed out sometimes today the heavier spenders keep the game alive for the most part (of course everyone is needed - for a fun playing field, ads income etc. But in these mobile games the major part of the revenue is driven by a small percentage). So instead of your constant distain for them some more appreciativeness would be cool. Without them there would be no more STT for which you could create 1000 spreadsheets and prognoses.

That is something that seems to give you joy, the stats-and character side of things, not so much the game itself. While others enjoy investing in their hobby, to play and rank in events etc. They have a different taste/approach and so find joy in different things than you. As said: IDIC.

Personally I like nice clothes, collect watches etc. And I buy them because I want them, because I like them. For me, for my personal enjoyment, not as a status symbol. And would we live in the same country, I would see you in a mall or whereever and you would have the same clothes or watch I wouldn´t feel that to be a slap in the face. I would think: "Cool, that dude has a good taste".

P.S.: In a way you are the other "extreme" of this Mr Blu-ray you once told us about. The middle path of him and you would make you see certain things not so black and white. Amen...

• enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    lets go with an animal theme. 4* Porthos and 5* humpback whales George and Gracie from ST IV. We do have almost enough of the crew. We need Renegade Kirk, and maybe a ST IV the Voyage Home mega. hmm db
  • 782611txa1py.jpg
    MEGA Event crew - common sense would say, that they should never be the campaign 5 star reward.

• Speaking as a veteran, for the newcomers, yes!!! It is a struggle to get the mega during events. Alot of newer players can not get enough vp due to 1*-3* crew primarily and low resources. Especially during shuttles events new players struggle to get 10k vp. They dont have stock of supplies for galaxy, low chrons waiting for auto refil. Really? Do none of you remember being a newbie? Once you finally reach the mega recurrent on the vp threshold it is such a great feeling for the first time. Then they go and just give them away when so many put alot of effort into that.

Ha! No. The mega is what I would call low hanging fruit
    [/quote]

Serious answer:

After some of the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Mirror Picard, it’s hard to tell how people would react and I’m honestly surprised both of you appeared to take the wording of my question so poorly. Maybe I could have chosen a better adjective? I did not mean any offense.

In any case, I asked because of a post that I think our beloved Frank made a while back, saying that there were likely only about 25 players that successfully got Astrosciences Sulu from that insane 10,000 dil pack that only guaranteed a chance at getting him. Aside from the fact that his skills are virtually identical to (if not slightly worse than) Captain Spock, that character strikes me as a perfect one to feature in a campaign because Sulu is a beloved character and this version is practically nonexistent in the field.

To be clear, @Dirk Gunderson, my criticism wasn't of your interest in having Astrosciences Sulu in a Campaign. It's of the contingent of players who feel that their status symbol's scarcity should be preserved ad infinitum because it becomes a "slap in the face" if anyone else gets it later at all, let alone without spending a car payment to get it. This is an attitude that has crept up since I even found the old forum, and goes beyond just this one Sulu. This is not to say he should be featured in a Campaign, mind you; just that he should not be kept out of circulation to mollify a segment of the player base that's jealous over its status symbols (such as they are).

Also, I want to acknowledge that several of the big spenders, such as that 25 who snagged Astrosciences Sulu, have consistently pushed back against that kind of childish elitism. Frank and Silver come to mind, but I know there are others. It'd be erroneous to paint them all with the same brush.

I think you’re seeing things here that aren’t...asking if any of the current Astro Sulu owners would be mad if their very expensive card were to be offered at a steep discount to everyone else is absolutely not painting that entire club with a broad brush of being concerned about losing out on a “status symbol.” I know Frank and Silver wouldn’t be mad, because they are magnificently wonderful people...even so, seeing something one paid possibly hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get (plus honor for immortalization) then be offered for ten dollars might be upsetting to some people.
  • Captain Killy--- PLEASE!!!!
  • ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    David Luna wrote: »
    Captain Killy--- PLEASE!!!!
    No choice is 10% as bad as Mirror Picard and I’m okay with Killy, but... Killy was the Polywater Yar compensatory Crew, so that might not be the best choice. Kinda like Mega Crew probably one top of the ten worst choices / most common 5 Star owned game-wide. Mirror Picard already being the most common 5 Star after this campaign Gunshow Picard will be more common that a lot of 4 Star Crew, which is Bass Aackwards.
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • edited June 2019
    DB's deafening silence on this issue is telltale. They will be nerfing campaigns going forward. look for recent event characters for the standard track and mega event and compensation characters for premium track going forward.
    I could sure use another Reverend Phlox. Bet alot of people would pony up $10 for him

I would. The bump from 1/5* to 2/5* is small but necessary if I want to go any farther than that (I do, he is #4 on my citation list).
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could sure use another Reverend Phlox. Bet alot of people would pony up $10 for him

Professor Hoshi in the same light.