Home The Bridge

Future Campaigns

13»

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    New campaign starts tomorrow. Anybody who is upset that I'm buying the premium tier "for the goodies", I'll tell you what: send me 5K Merits, 5K Honor, 5K Dilithium, and a 5* Citation by tomorrow and I'll sit it out. Otherwise, respect my own personal choice.

Amen! And truth be told, I'm not going to hate having a second Mirror Picard lying around.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy smokes this thread turned into a *fudge donut* ... I thought it was about neat options we'd like to see in the future ... not about the past, I thought there was another thread to whine in (where I gave my two cents on that).

It is pretty impossible to wade through the crap and actually comment on some suggestions ... hell I can't even find my own, someone link me to it (and any interesting suggestions) ... too lazy to search and let my eyes wander over the poor posting done here ...

cheers beforehand
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go @RaraRacing :)
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    My June wish was - Athletes

4* - Buck Bokai
    5* - Tucker On-the-Ropes.

I don't agree with creating new crew just so they can be featured in campaigns (I guess I could read that into how the OP wrote their statement ... or the new crew could be in Tuesday packs).

And for what it's worth, I agree with you, this thread went to a dark place, so let's get it back on track.

I guess I struggle with this sort of restrictive suggestion process, where I'm forced to go with existing crew, my creativity is like an inferno burning inside my brain, and my natural instinct is to come up with 500 new cards :)
  • Yeldoow wrote: »
    I don't really understand the anger in this thread.

You don't have to buy the campaign. It is simply another kind of offer in game that db want to temp you into purchasing. This is also only the 3rd campaign so it only makes sense that they would be trying different things.

If you are unhappy with the crew on offer don't buy the campaign.

For what it's worth I started playing in September so I only have the one copy of Mirror Picard and I didn't do very well in the event recently so I don't have any copies of Admiral Picard. I can't imagine that I'm in a an uncommon position among newish players.

The Spock campaign is also the first time I've spent money on the game, so I expect I'm the kind of player that they want the campaign to attract.

While Mirror Picard is one of the most common 5*s in the game he is also probably one of the most coveted.

Mirror Picard is not "one of" the most common 5*s - He is THE MOST COMMON.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a whale and I got the shaft on this one.
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    I'm not a whale and I got the shaft on this one.
    4xpk2bqwlm9i.jpg
    That says it all.

Yeah..but..but..someone, somewhere out there doesn't have him. And without the hard data, your point is invalid. (these are the responses you will get)

I don’t have him and I don’t want him.

• Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Yeldoow wrote: »

You don't have to buy the campaign. It is simply another kind of offer in game that db want to temp you into purchasing. This is also only the 3rd campaign so it only makes sense that they would be trying different things.

For what it's worth I started playing in September so I only have the one copy of Mirror Picard and I didn't do very well in the event recently so I don't have any copies of Admiral Picard. I can't imagine that I'm in a an uncommon position among newish players.

The Spock campaign is also the first time I've spent money on the game, so I expect I'm the kind of player that they want the campaign to attract.

While Mirror Picard is one of the most common 5*s in the game he is also probably one of the most coveted.

Among current active players, he is not the most common.

The golds from the current or immediately prior mega event will always be more common due to changes in the player base over time.

Actually, (you're a good guy) however, he's a MEGA very common, there was a giveaway with him (picardgate) now... 4 copies to all those who opt for the premium track. All those factors = he is the most common 5/5 in the game, taking those 3 low hanging fruit ways to get Mirror Picard into account.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

4* - Buck Bokai

I don't agree with creating new crew just so they can be featured in campaigns (I guess I could read that into how the OP wrote their statement ... or the new crew could be in Tuesday packs).

And for what it's worth, I agree with you, this thread went to a dark place, so let's get it back on track.

I guess I struggle with this sort of restrictive suggestion process, where I'm forced to go with existing crew, my creativity is like an inferno burning inside my brain, and my natural instinct is to come up with 500 new cards :)

I wondered why this thread blew up. I should have known it wasn't because of creativity. :( (btw, there was a whole other thread about Picard - please go there.)

I would love to see a Lorca campaign with Usurper Lorca and Prison Break Lorca. Or a Garak campaign with Saboteur Garak and... We need a new 4* Garak because Mirror Garak has been over used. A Jeffrey Combs campaign would also be welcome. I haven't seen much Dax lately. I could do with a Dax campaign too. Q, Borg, Xindi... Lots of good options out there. Is that Ferengi that Combs played in Enterprise in the game? If not, they should make him a SR and do one with him and Acting Nagus Brunt. :)
    Farewell 🖖
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

The golds from the current or immediately prior mega event will always be more common due to changes in the player base over time.

Actually, (you're a good guy) however, he's a MEGA very common, there was a giveaway with him (picardgate) now... 4 copies to all those who opt for the premium track. All those factors = he is the most common 5/5 in the game, taking those 3 low hanging fruit ways to get Mirror Picard into account.

Not disagreeing, but you need to adjust those numbers by the current playerbase. What percentage of current, active players started after Picardgate?
  • ByloBand wrote: »

Not disagreeing, but you need to adjust those numbers by the current playerbase. What percentage of current, active players started after Picardgate?

True, what are those numbers? The world may never know.

We can all agree those that have been around for a while (as of June 2019) have the opportunity to get 2 FF copies of Mirror Picard without a whole heck of a lot of effort.

Can’t think of any other 5 Star Crew that same thing can be said of.
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

True, what are those numbers? The world may never know.

We can all agree those that have been around for a while (as of June 2019) have the opportunity to get 2 FF copies of Mirror Picard without a whole heck of a lot of effort.

Can’t think of any other 5 Star Crew that same thing can be said of.

Keep in mind, we're talking about something that happened 18 months ago. Most assuredly, the player base has changed significantly in that time. Yes, the choice is tone deaf based on those events, but to say he's the most common legendary in the game is not based on any actual facts, only conjecture.
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Well I'm hurting for medical so I would like to see a "Doctors Call" campaign. My favourite ,that I have no legendaries for, is Phlox so any would do but if I had to choose I'd go for Reverend Phlox. You could even make it a Phlox campaign with Mirror Phlox being the 4*.

I could get behind this. I don't think Arena would get worse with Mirror Phlox. And with my Reverend Phlox at 1/5, I could use the citation anywhere.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

4* - Buck Bokai

I agree totally that it’s hard to choose existing characters. In some other related topic I think I posted a list of new characters and I think a new 5* would work as long as DB could properly balance the skills between being useful enough to get people to buy it but not so amazing that it causes balance issues.

As for existing crew, I’ll go through my 1/5*s for inspiration:

Mirror Universe Scoundrels: 5* Mirror Bashir and 4* Mirror Jadzia

Ritual of the Kal-if-fee: *5 Kal-if-fee Kirk and 4* Kal-if-fee Spock

Alternate Futures: 5* Captain La Forge and 4* Rogue Harry Kim

Lucky Sevens: 5* Seven in Silver and 4* Tsunkatse Seven

No, Mr. Bashir, I Expect You To Die: 5* Bashir, Julian Bashir and 4* Hippocrates Noah

Gunslingers: 5* Gunslinger Uhura and 4* Claiborne Chekov

Back in Time: 5* Rain Robinson and 4* Berlinghoff Rasmussen

In Surgery: 5* Surgeon Pulaski and 4* Dr. Toby Russell

I came across several others where I had a good existing 5* but needed a new 4* to make it work...and I don’t know that a new 4* would work in Campaigns. I doubt they would be powerful enough for even mid-game players to consider leaving out of the freezer and wouldn’t expect them to be very good for collections either. That, and I can’t help but think the likes of Genghis Khan (to pair with Abe Lincoln) and Lieutenant Talas (to pair with Ushaan Shran) would be better as 5* crew than 4* crew.
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Well I'm hurting for medical so I would like to see a "Doctors Call" campaign. My favourite ,that I have no legendaries for, is Phlox so any would do but if I had to choose I'd go for Reverend Phlox. You could even make it a Phlox campaign with Mirror Phlox being the 4*.

How dare you steer this thread back where it belongs ;)

I actually really like your idea BTW :) Maybe we could called it Phlox of Seagulls
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

4* - Buck Bokai

I wondered why this thread blew up. I should have known it wasn't because of creativity. :( (btw, there was a whole other thread about Picard - please go there.)

I would love to see a Lorca campaign with Usurper Lorca and Prison Break Lorca. Or a Garak campaign with Saboteur Garak and... We need a new 4* Garak because Mirror Garak has been over used. A Jeffrey Combs campaign would also be welcome. I haven't seen much Dax lately. I could do with a Dax campaign too. Q, Borg, Xindi... Lots of good options out there. Is that Ferengi that Combs played in Enterprise in the game? If not, they should make him a SR and do one with him and Acting Nagus Brunt. :)

Thanks @ByloBand :)

I like the Lorca idea ... but the 5* comes close to Leland ... I'm sure there'd be a huff about it. :)

I personally like the idea of Campaign crew being decent but not great ... this way you don't get overkill of that crew in e.g. Gauntlet or that they are an auto-include in everyone's voyages etc.
    That's one reason I suggested the Athlete one ... the Trip is not that great in any department, but he has one or two really nice qualities (Jury Rigger ... other collections) ... skill set is kinda interesting

Anyway, that is why I'd be hesitant for the likes of Reverend Phlox ... I still believe that some aspects of the game should be a challenge to the average player ... getting a good CMD/MED voyage is one of those challenges ... and if feels hugely rewarding when you reach a personal milestone that you worked hard for, rather than shelling out $10 that you were already going to do anyway.

There are border cases ... I mentioned a Borg Campaign a while back:
    - Assimilated Troi (great 4*)
    - EV Suit Seven or Assimilated Hawk as 5* ... the second is such a border type option, really, really good on voyages (a bit of a sleeper) but not game changing like a 4/5 Phlox or Da Vinci or the like for all.

If they go for older crew ... I wouldn't be averse to the 5* being a 2-skiller (or weak 3-skiller) ... say Niners Sisko, Convergence Day Quark, Will Scarlett (Klingon Bride Jadzia ... though she's not that bad) ... I'm sure DB has info on that type of crew ... many have this type of crew at 1/5 that were good at the start of out playing days, but will languish at 1/5 for eternity because there's not a hair on my head that will think about using Honor to cite them ...

Anyway ... those are my positive thoughts about campaigns.

4* - Buck Bokai

Thanks @ByloBand :)

I like the Lorca idea ... but the 5* comes close to Leland ... I'm sure there'd be a huff about it. :)

I personally like the idea of Campaign crew being decent but not great ... this way you don't get overkill of that crew in e.g. Gauntlet or that they are an auto-include in everyone's voyages etc.
    That's one reason I suggested the Athlete one ... the Trip is not that great in any department, but he has one or two really nice qualities (Jury Rigger ... other collections) ... skill set is kinda interesting

Anyway, that is why I'd be hesitant for the likes of Reverend Phlox ... I still believe that some aspects of the game should be a challenge to the average player ... getting a good CMD/MED voyage is one of those challenges ... and if feels hugely rewarding when you reach a personal milestone that you worked hard for, rather than shelling out $10 that you were already going to do anyway.

There are border cases ... I mentioned a Borg Campaign a while back:
    - Assimilated Troi (great 4*)
    - EV Suit Seven or Assimilated Hawk as 5* ... the second is such a border type option, really, really good on voyages (a bit of a sleeper) but not game changing like a 4/5 Phlox or Da Vinci or the like for all.

If they go for older crew ... I wouldn't be averse to the 5* being a 2-skiller (or weak 3-skiller) ... say Niners Sisko, Convergence Day Quark, Will Scarlett (Klingon Bride Jadzia ... though she's not that bad) ... I'm sure DB has info on that type of crew ... many have this type of crew at 1/5 that were good at the start of out playing days, but will languish at 1/5 for eternity because there's not a hair on my head that will think about using Honor to cite them ...

Anyway ... those are my positive thoughts about campaigns.

My ideas were based solely on themes that I liked. So Lorca had to be at the top with Garak next. :) I guess I could settle for Captain Lorca since you made some good points, but really, I want leather daddy Lorca, lol.

Also, Phlox of Seagulls is brilliant.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would it matter to throw in what percentage have also quit before Picardgate?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    For new campaigns I believe the legendary should be good at least or unique skill set like Captain Spock was with his Com-Sci combo. The point of campaigns was twofold, to get more money for DB from those who do not usually spend or only buy the monthly card, and to get casual players playing more every day which could lead to more in game purchases and better numbers for ads DB sell and longevity of the game. Campaign is still new so DB needs to appeal to a large group of people and get people so involved with campaign that it becomes routine.

I think it would be smart for DB to use good legendaries that have been in only one event. So many players have 1/5 legendaries that they have gotten from events that they will likely never get to 5/5. They just sit there taking up crew slots without providing much power or help at 1/5. By putting these one time event legendaries into the campaign it would give events far more meaning and purpose. People who did well in the event and got the legendary would be rewarded by being able to 5/5 that legendary and have a legendary citation for their hard work in getting that first copy of the legenedary in the event. Those that could not get the legendary in the event can now get that legendary and take it to 5/5 and not be angry that they missed him/her. Many people work really hard in these events but cannot quite get the legendary due to lack of good enough crew or bad luck. Being able to get that legendary later would soothe their anger and frustration and keep them from giving up.

For a campaign idea, how about a time travel event with Captain Braxton and Seven in Blue or the First Officer of the Relativity.
    Let’s fly!
  • ByloBand wrote: »

4* - Buck Bokai

I agree totally that it’s hard to choose existing characters. In some other related topic I think I posted a list of new characters and I think a new 5* would work as long as DB could properly balance the skills between being useful enough to get people to buy it but not so amazing that it causes balance issues.

As for existing crew, I’ll go through my 1/5*s for inspiration:

Mirror Universe Scoundrels: 5* Mirror Bashir and 4* Mirror Jadzia

Ritual of the Kal-if-fee: *5 Kal-if-fee Kirk and 4* Kal-if-fee Spock

Alternate Futures: 5* Captain La Forge and 4* Rogue Harry Kim

Lucky Sevens: 5* Seven in Silver and 4* Tsunkatse Seven

No, Mr. Bashir, I Expect You To Die: 5* Bashir, Julian Bashir and 4* Hippocrates Noah

Gunslingers: 5* Gunslinger Uhura and 4* Claiborne Chekov

Back in Time: 5* Rain Robinson and 4* Berlinghoff Rasmussen

In Surgery: 5* Surgeon Pulaski and 4* Dr. Toby Russell

I came across several others where I had a good existing 5* but needed a new 4* to make it work...and I don’t know that a new 4* would work in Campaigns. I doubt they would be powerful enough for even mid-game players to consider leaving out of the freezer and wouldn’t expect them to be very good for collections either. That, and I can’t help but think the likes of Genghis Khan (to pair with Abe Lincoln) and Lieutenant Talas (to pair with Ushaan Shran) would be better as 5* crew than 4* crew.

My 2 cents. I have a lot of immortalized crew, so sometimes I'm going to have the 5* in the campaign already immortalized, sometimes not. To me, the campaign is a replacement purchase, so I plan to buy the campaign every time, and buy less one time special offers than I used to.