Home The Bridge

Free Mambo Picard

Always nice to have a free 5* in the mailbox.

Interesting to see whether this mitigates or fans the fury of some of the Mirror Picard campaign gate from the last few weeks...

Comments

• Glenn FiddichGlenn Fiddich ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It might even been the reason they didn't change it.. guess it's about selling to new players to catch up or selling to the oldies who as already had mirror man.

But this is a very welcome bonus
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you DB :) been wanting this card for quite awhile! Hes next on my citation list!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    b7t92pfhioi4.png
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

I have two legendary Picards that are finished: Mirror and Mambo. I guess that means he'll be sitting in my inbox for a while, but I'm not against a second one because he is truly fantastic.

To be honest, although he's been long done for me, I'm more annoyed that they were just selling him in that Insurrection pack last week, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that this is an appeasement based on the Mirror Picard reaction and not a deliberate choice.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate this. I've wanted Mambo for a long time.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they gave out a begold of whoever. So if people have that one already completed you can pick from two other cards of the same person. That way would help most everyone and not just airlock or have duplicate card sit taking up space.
  • My first star on Mambo
  • KwichKwich ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It might even been the reason they didn't change it.. guess it's about selling to new players to catch up or selling to the oldies who as already had mirror man.

But this is a very welcome bonus

No the DB marketing guys are "subpar" to phrase it politely .....

How can they do it this way and not vice versa is beyond me.

a.) They alienate their A and B class customers
    b.) They hampen their campaign sales, maybe even so severly if customers stay strong and dont give into these DB shanigans
    c.) They severly hampen their sales of the "get another copy of MJLP" sale
    d.) They quite severly hampen the honor citations "sale" for MJLP

But hey a company that cant even make starship models decent anymore (look at the quality of the last two models) is anyhow beyond help......
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Wow...DB I spent EXTRA dilithium on his weekday pack for the EXCLUSIVITY of this card. It is totally UNFAIR to give him to everyone. It is a kick in my blue Rura Penthean knees for you to BETRAY my faith in you like this. I'm CAPITALIZING random WORDS so you know I'm serious. I'm never spending another penny on this game AGAIN.

Thanks for the freebie, DeeBee 👍

That's how I felt when I used 2 back to back citations on the Caretaker to immortalize him just to hear the announcement a week later they are extending all voyage crew to drop again. I also sent 2 previously on Bartender G to immortalize her. Exclusivity period is not specified, they can redistribute as needed for the game/profit margins. Your choices are stay mad (not good for your health), get over it (not good for your cheque book) or quit (not good for moral because you left a game you still enjoyed playing). Choose wisely.....
  • edited June 2019
    Wow...DB I spent EXTRA dilithium on his weekday pack for the EXCLUSIVITY of this card. It is totally UNFAIR to give him to everyone. It is a kick in my blue Rura Penthean knees for you to BETRAY my faith in you like this. I'm CAPITALIZING random WORDS so you know I'm serious. I'm never spending another penny on this game AGAIN.

Thanks for the freebie, DeeBee 👍

SO snarky BRO :D
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be jacked since he's a gauntlet star, except now everyone's got him so... More walls
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Nice. Now I just have one Picard left to complete my collection. Thanks, DB — you've got me doing the Big Head dance!

tswim6buoxjr.gif

Me too. I'm only missing Enterprise E Picard.
    Yateball wrote: »
    I'd be jacked since he's a gauntlet star, except now everyone's got him so... More walls

I wouldn't worry about walls of Mambo. Locutus is superior.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

I wouldn't worry about walls of Mambo. Locutus is superior.

Yeah, the walls won't be like the walls of Mirror JLP that we currently see — with the latter's CMD, there are few commonly-held crew who can compete (Nechayev and Tain being two of them); but with Mambo's DIP proficiency, there are several other choices which a lot of players have (Locutus, Minuet, and even Gowron are higher — and then there's Guinan, who's not too far behind). So with all those other options, there will at least be more of a variety for players to choose from.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thankful. It is good for me.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭

ditto
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Add Mambo Picard to the ever-growing list of crew they've given out for free shortly after selling him to paying players. He joins Fugitive Spock, HMS Pinafore Data, and Mirror Jean-Luc Picard on this prestigious list of disastrously bad decisions.

For anyone who just paid for him, I wish you luck getting a refund. Pinafore Data and Mirror Picard both too several days of back-and-forth tickets to get refunds; they flat-out refused for Fugitive Spock despite more than a week of ticket exchanges.

For everyone else, this is a reminder of the risks of buying packs.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Clone wrote: »
    Add Mambo Picard to the ever-growing list of crew they've given out for free shortly after selling him to paying players. He joins Fugitive Spock, HMS Pinafore Data, and Mirror Jean-Luc Picard on this prestigious list of disastrously bad decisions.

For anyone who just paid for him, I wish you luck getting a refund. Pinafore Data and Mirror Picard both too several days of back-and-forth tickets to get refunds; they flat-out refused for Fugitive Spock despite more than a week of ticket exchanges.

For everyone else, this is a reminder of the risks of buying packs.
    I can understand the frustration but buying pack only crew simply provides first chance for that crew not only chance. Mambo Picard was first released July 10, 2018. Plus those giant packs are so full of crew it is extremely difficult to get one of the crew you want much less enough to immortalize it. Adding in more chances seems like a good thing for those that got one or a couple but didn't finish theirs.
    Let’s fly!
  • No good gift goes unpunished, but this was a really great one. Thanks DB!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Also grateful, as I spent more than a few dil trying to obtain him. Thank you!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    <3:)<3
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • One can never have too many Picards. Thanks DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I've come to the conclusion that there is no pleasing this forum. All the constant complaining makes for difficulty in trying to enjoy communicating with other players. Nothing this company does makes anyone happy. Its always the same players always complaining. Does no one have anything better to do? Has everyone forgotten saying "Buyer Beware?" I bought an Insurrection pack trying to get HMS Pentafore Data, would up with another Worf that I already had immortalized. Guess what, that is the risk you take.

So two points. There are actually different people complaining about this. I for one was a MJLP complainer. However, I don't have a problem with this mambo offer. Second, and I just want to point this out because I think some folks on here aren't noticing...the people upset with DB are directing their frustrations at DB (a corporation). The counter arguments are the only ones that include attacks and general rudeness towards other players. You guys agree that is inappropriate right? Am I the only one that draws a distinction between posting negativity about a faceless corporation, and that against real individuals?