Home The Bridge

Free Mambo Picard

Comments

• ByloBand wrote: »
    And now that this little diversion has been handled, I suggest we allow this thread to return to the Mambo Picard giveaway.

Just so I'm clear, are you saying everyone has spoken their piece about all this and we have reached a consensus? Or that you personally just "handled it"?
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Thanks DB for the freebie, makes me feel like doing a little mambo myself.

Actually just a few short weeks ago I had one Picard (super rare or higher), Admiral Picard 1*. Since his event immortalised him I had Locutus drop in the gauntlet and Mirror JLP from a single premium pull who will now get immortalised via the campaign and Robin Hood via daily rewards.

With the new Picard show on the way I’m sure these crew will be on my dance card for some time to come.
  • Clone wrote: »
    Add Mambo Picard to the ever-growing list of crew they've given out for free shortly after selling him to paying players. He joins Fugitive Spock, HMS Pinafore Data, and Mirror Jean-Luc Picard on this prestigious list of disastrously bad decisions.

For anyone who just paid for him, I wish you luck getting a refund. Pinafore Data and Mirror Picard both too several days of back-and-forth tickets to get refunds; they flat-out refused for Fugitive Spock despite more than a week of ticket exchanges.

For everyone else, this is a reminder of the risks of buying packs.

I mean, this is exactly why I don’t buy packs anymore. If you do, that’s totally your choice. Buying packs just gets you crew earlier than most, but doesn’t guarantee the crew won’t be available later for free or really cheap.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

tswim6buoxjr.gif
    When the rythm rhythm starts to play,
    dance with me,
    make me sway.
    Like the lazy ocean laps the shore,
    hold me close,
    sway me more

I've been humming that all day. Just thought I'd share it so you all get an annoying earworm, lol.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I will just add myself to the happy mambo band wagon.

DB really didn't have to hand out anything, but it is always nice when they do. Mambo Picard has been out long enough, besides I think you will find he will be quite useful after the mega Event, really looking forward to the Big Sting now. Not only that but they gave the gold out when skirmish is on and supply kits are likely to be active. Can't fault the timing or the choice of card IMO.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Mambo Picard had been in the campaign, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. So, this is a very welcome surprise!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Nice surprise, but I'll hang on to the e-mail until I pull an extra star for him as I just dont have space for another 1/5* (hes in good company with Worf, Archer and Sisko).
    DB: Do Better
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks DB! he'll be staying in my inbox until Survival Month is over, but will probably get lots of attention shortly after....now if only there was some way to turn my 1/5 COP picard and augment picard and my 4 incoming extra copies of Jacked Picard into stars on him instead... ;)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've come to the conclusion that there is no pleasing this forum. All the constant complaining makes for difficulty in trying to enjoy communicating with other players. Nothing this company does makes anyone happy. Its always the same players always complaining. Does no one have anything better to do? Has everyone forgotten saying "Buyer Beware?" I bought an Insurrection pack trying to get HMS Pentafore Data, would up with another Worf that I already had immortalized. Guess what, that is the risk you take.

So two points. There are actually different people complaining about this. I for one was a MJLP complainer. However, I don't have a problem with this mambo offer. Second, and I just want to point this out because I think some folks on here aren't noticing...the people upset with DB are directing their frustrations at DB (a corporation). The counter arguments are the only ones that include attacks and general rudeness towards other players. You guys agree that is inappropriate right? Am I the only one that draws a distinction between posting negativity about a faceless corporation, and that against real individuals?

This corporation is not some mega-monopoly easily imagined as a single entity. DB is staffed by real humans, making decisions trying to balance between making us happy and being profitable (to keep their steady employment). It's easy to pretend criticism is only aimed at an imagined corporate entity with no human consequence, but that's not realistic. If we criticize art, written stories, crew selection, etc, there are real human staff who made those decisions. It's important to think about that in my opinion when thinking about how to phrase our feedback. Even (especially!) with support staff.

However, the minority in this case including myself wanted to voice our opinions contrary to that of the majority of to make DB aware that there is not a forum consensus on the criticism of the choice of MJLP. I was pleasantly surprised that some of the most veteran players were not critical of this choice, and supported the idea of some people still wanting/needing this crew.

That’s a good point you’ve made there: the forum does not have a consensus opinion...however, I don’t see us coming to one opinion because people are pretty entrenched in their positions. Some utterly hate Gun Show Picard being in the campaign and some love it. Further complicating things is that not everyone who hates the crew choices is refusing to buy the premium track, and not everyone who likes the crew will buy it.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign debate is really going to come down to who the next campaign legendary is. If it is someone good who most of the community does not have then Mirror Picard was an aberration. If the next campaign legendary is another mega recurring character then there will be much anger and pointing of fingers. Either way I am grateful for the free Mambo Picard. Thx DB. I wish everyone reading this a good day. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign debate is really going to come down to who the next campaign legendary is. If it is someone good who most of the community does not have then Mirror Picard was an aberration. If the next campaign legendary is another mega recurring character then there will be much anger and pointing of fingers. Either way I am grateful for the free Mambo Picard. Thx DB. I wish everyone reading this a good day. :)

we should get the announcement right around July 4 for the Kortar Kampaign right? :)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

we should get the announcement right around July 4 for the Kortar Kampaign right? :)

I need 3* for him!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Hmm, when I look at the top voyager list of my main I wouldn't mind getting a extra copy of Surak, Etana or Bell Riots Bashir - Prisoner Cornwell would be even better because I joined after her Mega ;)
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I was really pleased to see a free Mambo in the messages. With the addition of him, I now have all the Picard variants.

The free card debate has gone on for a long time.
    Some will be happy, some not.

Thanks DB!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have Kortar so I'd be fine with that.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

And so it begins...
    Let’s fly!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kortar or Borg Queen I’m fine with that
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't have a problem with Biceps Picard; I've had him immortalized since his event, but if I decide to buy the premium track, he's good enough to warrant keeping a duplicate. People that don't have him will be thrilled. It's the selection of Admiral Picard so soon after an event in which he was featured that has me puzzled.

As for other mega Legendaries, I'd likely be fine with them, too; I was on a hiatus from the game during Kortar and Borg Queen, and would welcome the chance to FF ones like Minuet without blowing a citation on her.
  • edited June 2019
    the people upset with DB are directing their frustrations at DB (a corporation). The counter arguments are the only ones that include attacks and general rudeness towards other players. You guys agree that is inappropriate right? Am I the only one that draws a distinction between posting negativity about a faceless corporation, and that against real individuals?

Unless you should know someone in reality everyone in the net is a faceless entity really. That aside the people working for DB are also real individuals. And persons like Shan, Nod etc. do or did a good job conveying all sides. Or take Riker who switched from player to DB employee to player again. Was/is he a real person when playing and faceless when working for DB!? Makes no sense to me. Also since Riker always displays much personality no matter his "position".

Distinction for me: Although they surely do fumble often DB has created a game I enjoy very much. And of course when someone is unsatisfied with a decision DB made they can and should voice their opinion. But one can also do that in a constructive way, without all this hyperbole. While I care much about STT, at the end of the day it is just a game. And so like a bad episode of Star Trek not optimal game choices are not worth it to me to get all torn up about it.

As said: Real individuals work for this, to you, faceless corporation. To me your painting sounds like this: DB = faceless and bad. Players = real and good. Although: Since you also slashed players who defended DB too much for your taste no matter your line of reasoning that is double standard anyway.

No sense? Well...except no one is directing anything at "John Smith - DB employee". The oversimplification of DB = faceless and bad, and Players = real and good isn't actually what I was saying. A closer approximation would be DB = faceless and as a provider of commerce are subject to positive and negative feedback by their customers. Players = individual consumers, and should be treated as people, not as less than human. Good and bad aren't an issue. Our "virtue" isn't the determining factor on what is acceptable to say to other people, unless you prescribe to the idea of "moral superiority" that any morally objectionable action is acceptable if it's directed towards someone that you think is bad. I could think you are a real a hole, but that doesn't give the right to be one to you.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people still debating Kojak Picard? Mambo number 5 Picard is way more interesting.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

And so it begins...

I'll start writing my apology messages now :)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah, blah, blah, Mambo Picard good, blah, blah, blah.