Home The Bridge
Options

Okay, Enough!!!!!

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
aesjadprmr9t.jpg

The "Which One is ______________?" pop up cost me the Threshold Ten Pull.

And I did not get the 1000 Points for the 4/5 Battle I finished just as my time ran out, either.

I worked hard all morning to finish the Threshold. To be ROBBED of being able to finish it because of random nonsense is too much.
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many (anti-macro)?

I got booted out of one skirmish after my wife called me... App restarted on me afterwards, D'oh!
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    If it helps the 10x pull will probably have given you 600 honor and lots of ISS Enterprise schematics, maybe a D’Kora Krayton.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the macro thing before I even started the first battle on Thursday then never again. I got my ten pull though. 400 honor. Weakest ten pull I ever got
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the top 30 and wasn't macro-checked once. I'd like to see it a little more often!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get the macro this event. I usually get it when I leave the app open overnight and attempt an Event mission. Never had it force a restart though.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    It didn't cause a refresh. It just stayed on the screen for like several minutes. {I had my watch on the desk in front of me, because was timing battles to see if I would make it.} I was averaging about one minute per Battle in the Skirmish. I completed the 4th of five Battles, and it did not credit that, nor give me whatever the post-Battle drop would have been. Without that lost couple of minutes, I most likely would have finished the final Battle, which is usually the quickest. Often under thirty seconds!!!!!

Just frustrating to sit here literally doing this all morning, then random stuff I had no control over blocked me out. Had to vent. Feel not too much better.

How is everyone doing?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am not following. Why/how did the pop-up cost you more than a few seconds to select the correct crew?
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I guess I am not following. Why/how did the pop-up cost you more than a few seconds to select the correct crew?

Because it was on the screen FOR MINUTES AFTER I CLICKED PICARD
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    That and why cut it so close to the wire when you have 4 days

I did not "have four days".

==================

EDIT: Removed in case I sounded snarky at Ran or Banjo. Was not my intention;. And because I got dragged back in, like the Mob. LOL

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is horrible. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope customer service can fix it for you.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a point in having that screen in the last 10 minutes of the event. If you didn't catch the macro all weekend, the last 10 minutes won't matter.

Those checks are extremely random. I have never had one pop up for me.
  • Options
    I don't see a point in having that screen in the last 10 minutes of the event. If you didn't catch the macro all weekend, the last 10 minutes won't matter.

I got it Thursday and Friday while doing the Event, as well.
  • Options

I think I've had only one I can recall since it's been implemented. I'm glad they haven't figured out I'm actually a robot yet.
  • Options

It was actually a little earlier. About 11:15 or so? I can't remember when. But, it still froze me out for a time, because the game froze on it. That, and it took over 20 minutes to get the game loaded this morning. It did the thing where it got half-way through the "Turbolifting to the Bridge" progress bar, and froze for 20 minutes. Aggravating day. For sure.

• Options
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    @DScottHewitt would recommend making a support ticket asking for the ten pull. It looks like you have documentation to go with your narrative and the worst they can do is not give it to you. I have done so for other tech related failures before (voyages stalling, etc.) and gotten compensation.

I did that second. right after venting.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the pop up two times. Both times after I had left the game and reentered. Had you just left the game?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I got the pop up two times. Both times after I had left the game and reentered. Had you just left the game?

No. I was doing the Event all morning. Skipped other stuff to concentrate on doing it.
  • Options
    If you're going to cut it fine, there's always a risk of things going sideways. I missed out too, but that's mostly because I had better things to do this weekend, otherwise I'd have spent an extra hour to get the 100k extra I needed.

Chuck a ticket at support, it'd be pretty churlish of them not to give you a 10x, and next time give yourself more time.
  • Options
    furyd wrote: »
    If you're going to cut it fine, there's always a risk of things going sideways. I missed out too, but that's mostly because I had better things to do this weekend, otherwise I'd have spent an extra hour to get the 100k extra I needed.

Chuck a ticket at support, it'd be pretty churlish of them not to give you a 10x, and next time give yourself more time.

Okay. I guess I am explaining this wrong. I put in EVERY SECOND I COULD during the Event. The main hold up was the game not loading this morning for over twenty minutes, and the pop up freezing the game for several minutes.

I am truly sorry I ever mentioned a problem. Believe me.

• Options
    if the game did not move on from the anti-macro measure, then you have compelling reason to have CS award you a 10 pull.

However, not having "4 days" isn't on DB, to hit 350k VP, that's more on you.

Pile on. The dogpile has plenty of room.

People wonder why I got tired of this place before and stopped posting for a long time. No **tsk tsk** idea, myself.....

• Options
    It takes maybe a couple of hours to reach threshold in skirmishes if you’re getting 6000 VP per skirmish so I’m just confused why it took that long.

Still, CS might be able to help if it froze your game like that. Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Okay. I'm done.

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was averaging about one minute per Battle in the Skirmish.
    So this actually concerns me. You've been playing long enough that a battle shouldn't be lasting a full minute. What kind of set up are you using?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I was averaging about one minute per Battle in the Skirmish.
    So this actually concerns me. You've been playing long enough that a battle shouldn't be lasting a full minute. What kind of set up are you using?

Yeah. Should be less than ten seconds