Okay, Enough!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    On what I was using: I have the Bounty and the Cube 10/10 Ranked. I tried the Cube one run, and it was much worse than the Bounty, so I used it the rest of the Epic Runs.

My Crew was: T'Kuvma, for that big instant Damage hit when activated, the Recurring Janeway, Leonardo for my Accuracy person, and Darth Bashir for the Evasion/Instant Repair. That gave me two Crew who Repair, plus the build-in third Skill, which also Repairs. I never had to do the Post-Battle Repair, because I could undo the Boarding Party Damage, and other Damage at the beginning of the next battle, before Shields were gone.

MY crew Levels:

T'Kiuvma 5*, Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Determined Janeway 3*/5* Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Leonardo 2*/5* Level 60, 2/4 Equipped
    Darth Bashir 5*, Level 80, 1/4 Equipped.

Most of the actual Battles had 150+ Seconds or even 160+ Seconds left on Timer when I won. The animations killed me. They really did.

Some suggestions, finish Janeway and Tkuvma already. Even if you have to replicate every item you're not that far away and those final items give you a big boost in stats.

Go with more instant damage in a skirmish event. Don't be as concerned about all that repair and evasion. As you saw a skirmish event is about time management. You want to finish the opponent as quickly as possible. If they're dead they can't harm you. And if you shave even 5 seconds off of each battle, that's 25 seconds over one skirmish. While playing for multiple hours straight that translates to multiple extra rounds you can play.

To use your Monday as an example. Let's say your full round took 5 minutes. Over 3 hours that is 36 rounds you played. If you saved 5 seconds per match/25 per round, that's 900 seconds saved. That's 15 minutes and enough time for another 3 rounds. That is your final threshold right there just by saving 5 seconds each battle.

My own ship/crew this skirmish:
    Borg Cube
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Enemy Lines Sisko
    Determined Janeway.

That is 3 instant damage + the borg instant damage
    Any hull damage I took from the Reliant was rebuilt by the borg's repair plus Janeway. But since every other battle ended quickly, I rarely took significant damage besides the reliant match.

My only instant Damage/Kill {Unless I totally missed someone} is the Big T.

Check this list. I assume you must have some of the other options here.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Bonus_Ability#Damage

I do have some of the 4* ones. I never even thought they would do the big Damage Bonus.

EDIT: And a couple 5* ones. That I missed. I think I know my biggest change this time. Last Skirmish, I am sure I used Borg Queen for Instant Damage, too!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that CS helped you, @DScottHewitt .

I would be glad to send you a link to my public (Google Drive) Ship Abilities spreadsheet, which has over 600 crew so far and is sortable by ... everything, pretty much. 🖖🏻

I would like to get a link to that.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be glad to send you a link to my public (Google Drive) Ship Abilities spreadsheet, which has over 600 crew so far and is sortable by ... everything, pretty much. 🖖🏻

Me too, actually.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to provide some constructive feedback if I may.

You have 8 million credits. When you have that many unfinished crew (not yet level 100), you should constantly have zero credits from replicating to get them to level 100 to maximize your crew strength. I highly suggest to stop levelling everybody to level 70/80 and stopping there. you need to get a smaller number of crew to full strength level 100. Use ship schematics for finished ships, trainers you have in excess, as well as replicator rations and use your replicator when you can.

Also, though he's only 2/4 Mother Horta has a burst damage skill that might be a good choice. If you don't have enough instant damage crew someone with extra crit chance or crit damage might be helpful like Vedek Bareil or Rura Penthe Reed.

As others mentioned, the focus on skirmish when possible is pure offense for rapid victory. I can see your skirmish crew needs development, so it will take some experimenting to find the best scenario. You may find you can go more aggressive in one phase than the other, I found in this last event that phase 2 caused me more damage than phase 1 so you may have one slot where you select an evasion/repair crew or alternatively someone aggressive with an easier phase.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    IIRC I rolled with:

10/10 Bounty

Section 31 Georgiou
    Rura Penthe Kirk
    Desperate Janeway
    Mirror Reed

I didn’t have any issues/lose any rounds on epic and they aren’t even that great of a crew.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with others that you're better off ditching the repair crew in favor of heavier hitters. If you take on enough damage that it concerns you, you can always substitute a hull repair crew member for the following round.

Try to limit to crew who have initialized in no more than 8 seconds. T'Kuvma's 375% instant damage is nice, but he also takes 10s to get ready. He alone accounts for 50s of your entire round's run time. (Realistically, 55s because it's about a second after you use him that his effects manifest.) But if you've got it set up so that he only comes in for the kill, rather than being in the thick of things, then it should work reasonably well.

I'm also a big fan of using someone who can start Attack quickly, even if they aren't especially potent. Drone Seven of Nine can begin after just 1s and will run for 10s--long enough to give you continuous Attack until T'Kuvma is ready. Seven's Bonus Ability is that she adds to Boarding Damage. It's a charging ability, so you won't get the full power of that if you activate her immediately. Others may feel differently, but that's a sacrifice I'm content to make.

Also, what other 10/10 5* ships do you have? The H.M.S. Bounty is solid, but I've had better luck with the IKS T'Ong and D'Kora Krayton.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

robownage wrote: »

Me too, actually.

I will make it so. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think you could share what other crew you have? Specifically golds, but also purples. That'll help us with finding a better set up, because I'm not sure what you're using is optimal - of those, only T'Kuvma has any business being in a Skirmish (plus Janeway out of necessity). I typically go for a mix of accuracy plus instant damage. Any Ardra in your crew? Killy? Rura Penthe Kirk?

Be a few minutes on that one. I shall return.

q710c3zmvovk.jpg
    jgl6vsxhsb4v.jpg
    miqpqs1hfbj7.jpg
    4isvntymiwvs.jpg
    mdq5v1ta5u0b.jpg

8z1oyjxbmu5c.jpg
    59aedjby0d6g.jpg
    50np16vxyh2s.jpg
    vrcqx6qhx7ta.jpg
    uw4vl70066qy.jpg

vblg3hn7d2re.jpg
    8pattozuv677.jpg
    l5aycvgl84k7.jpg
    20crxoy8h09o.jpg
    10zcgy0c86x8.jpg

tg024i7gdnr5.jpg
    mv02flhlbxr6.jpg
    8skcbj5pv4jq.jpg
    g2cy9s4y6fxj.jpg
    16dqynbeyn1g.jpg

Hmm, so you have some decent 4* crew on hand. Before I switched to the Krayton, I ran a Cube with the following:

Killy
    Lt. Chekov
    Valeris
    [event crew]

Obviously you don’t have Killy and I didn’t see Valeris in your 4* crew ranks but you could get a very nice combination by replacing them with Rura Penthe Reed and Assimilated Troi. Chekov has a solid evasion bonus and the crit rating increase is quite helpful, Reed has a good attack bonus, and Troi combines accuracy with a shield repair and a quick initialize. Leonardo has better passive boosts than Troi does but the shield regen rate improvement bonus isn’t that helpful.

I, too, will strongly recommend leveling more crew. Janeway will be useful for the next two events and others will be drastic improvements:

-any 4/4*s; whether to free up space or for regular use, you could increase your immortalization achievement count by *56*...at least two reward levels and maybe some collections as well
    -Leonardo
    -Etana Jol
    -Kahless
    -Ru’afo
    -Kol
    -Rev Phlox
    -Darth Bashir
    -Thrax
    -Captain Bev
    -Durango Troi
    -Doctor Chaotica (another instant-damage crew)
    -Nurse Garland (gauntlet)

It might be expensive for replications but power through...once you get to the other side, you’ll be better off for events, voyages, and more!
  • Options
    I ran the Cube with Chaotica, T'Kuvma and Mirror Phlox and tac burnham. Wait until the shield interference activates and hit it. By the time Chaotica activates (12 secs), the battle was usually over already. If not, he would finish it.

So general consensus seems to be to use your hardhitters and get it over with sooner rather than later.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    Do you think you could share what other crew you have? Specifically golds, but also purples. That'll help us with finding a better set up, because I'm not sure what you're using is optimal - of those, only T'Kuvma has any business being in a Skirmish (plus Janeway out of necessity). I typically go for a mix of accuracy plus instant damage. Any Ardra in your crew? Killy? Rura Penthe Kirk?

q710c3zmvovk.jpg
    jgl6vsxhsb4v.jpg
    miqpqs1hfbj7.jpg
    4isvntymiwvs.jpg
    mdq5v1ta5u0b.jpg

8z1oyjxbmu5c.jpg
    59aedjby0d6g.jpg
    50np16vxyh2s.jpg
    vrcqx6qhx7ta.jpg
    uw4vl70066qy.jpg

vblg3hn7d2re.jpg
    8pattozuv677.jpg
    l5aycvgl84k7.jpg
    20crxoy8h09o.jpg
    10zcgy0c86x8.jpg

tg024i7gdnr5.jpg
    mv02flhlbxr6.jpg
    8skcbj5pv4jq.jpg
    g2cy9s4y6fxj.jpg
    16dqynbeyn1g.jpg

Hmm, so you have some decent 4* crew on hand. Before I switched to the Krayton, I ran a Cube with the following:

Killy
    Lt. Chekov
    Valeris
    [event crew]

Obviously you don’t have Killy and I didn’t see Valeris in your 4* crew ranks but you could get a very nice combination by replacing them with Rura Penthe Reed and Assimilated Troi. Chekov has a solid evasion bonus and the crit rating increase is quite helpful, Reed has a good attack bonus, and Troi combines accuracy with a shield repair and a quick initialize. Leonardo has better passive boosts than Troi does but the shield regen rate improvement bonus isn’t that helpful.

I, too, will strongly recommend leveling more crew. Janeway will be useful for the next two events and others will be drastic improvements:

-any 4/4*s; whether to free up space or for regular use, you could increase your immortalization achievement count by *56*...at least two reward levels and maybe some collections as well
    -Leonardo
    -Etana Jol
    -Kahless
    -Ru’afo
    -Kol
    -Rev Phlox
    -Darth Bashir
    -Thrax
    -Captain Bev
    -Durango Troi

It might be expensive for replications but power through...once you get to the other side, you’ll be better off for events, voyages, and more!

She was in my Crew. I had a glitch right after 20 Screenshots, so did not finish 4*.

vvpac2pjbnhr.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    On what I was using: I have the Bounty and the Cube 10/10 Ranked. I tried the Cube one run, and it was much worse than the Bounty, so I used it the rest of the Epic Runs.

My Crew was: T'Kuvma, for that big instant Damage hit when activated, the Recurring Janeway, Leonardo for my Accuracy person, and Darth Bashir for the Evasion/Instant Repair. That gave me two Crew who Repair, plus the build-in third Skill, which also Repairs. I never had to do the Post-Battle Repair, because I could undo the Boarding Party Damage, and other Damage at the beginning of the next battle, before Shields were gone.

MY crew Levels:

T'Kiuvma 5*, Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Determined Janeway 3*/5* Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Leonardo 2*/5* Level 60, 2/4 Equipped
    Darth Bashir 5*, Level 80, 1/4 Equipped.

Most of the actual Battles had 150+ Seconds or even 160+ Seconds left on Timer when I won. The animations killed me. They really did.

Some suggestions, finish Janeway and Tkuvma already. Even if you have to replicate every item you're not that far away and those final items give you a big boost in stats.

Go with more instant damage in a skirmish event. Don't be as concerned about all that repair and evasion. As you saw a skirmish event is about time management. You want to finish the opponent as quickly as possible. If they're dead they can't harm you. And if you shave even 5 seconds off of each battle, that's 25 seconds over one skirmish. While playing for multiple hours straight that translates to multiple extra rounds you can play.

To use your Monday as an example. Let's say your full round took 5 minutes. Over 3 hours that is 36 rounds you played. If you saved 5 seconds per match/25 per round, that's 900 seconds saved. That's 15 minutes and enough time for another 3 rounds. That is your final threshold right there just by saving 5 seconds each battle.

My own ship/crew this skirmish:
    Borg Cube
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Enemy Lines Sisko
    Determined Janeway.

That is 3 instant damage + the borg instant damage
    Any hull damage I took from the Reliant was rebuilt by the borg's repair plus Janeway. But since every other battle ended quickly, I rarely took significant damage besides the reliant match.

My only instant Damage/Kill {Unless I totally missed someone} is the Big T.

Check this list. I assume you must have some of the other options here.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Bonus_Ability#Damage

I just put Tourist Jadzia and Commando Crusher on my Commander Arena Ship.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    @DScottHewitt, if you ever have the time, I'd absolutely love to read a day in the life autobiography of you, like absolutely nothing would shock me, and I bet it would be a tremendous read!

"July 5, 2018

I woke up early this morning when a caravan of traveling kangaroos rang the doorbell to tell me about Scientology. I sent them away and noticed the weather outside in the front yard was heavy snow. After going down to the local library to use the bathroom I went in the kitchen and noticed that it was 80 degrees in the backyard! Just then I remembered I had a few skirmishes to run before work but noticed that my phone had turned into a waffle iron overnight and our computer was on vacation, so I went to borrow the neighbor's tablet when just as I stepped out the front door gravity failed and I was forced pull myself to safety using the invisible fence the neighbor had installed to keep his hippopotamus from wandering off...."

oghqu0glblm0.png
  • Options
    Zahl Ambassador has "Instant 200% Damage". And most should get him FF, if they get 130,000 Points.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

q710c3zmvovk.jpg
    jgl6vsxhsb4v.jpg
    miqpqs1hfbj7.jpg
    4isvntymiwvs.jpg
    mdq5v1ta5u0b.jpg

8z1oyjxbmu5c.jpg
    59aedjby0d6g.jpg
    50np16vxyh2s.jpg
    vrcqx6qhx7ta.jpg
    uw4vl70066qy.jpg

vblg3hn7d2re.jpg
    8pattozuv677.jpg
    l5aycvgl84k7.jpg
    20crxoy8h09o.jpg
    10zcgy0c86x8.jpg

tg024i7gdnr5.jpg
    mv02flhlbxr6.jpg
    8skcbj5pv4jq.jpg
    g2cy9s4y6fxj.jpg
    16dqynbeyn1g.jpg

Killy
    Lt. Chekov
    Valeris
    [event crew]

-Leonardo
    -Etana Jol
    -Kahless
    -Ru’afo
    -Kol
    -Rev Phlox
    -Darth Bashir
    -Thrax
    -Captain Bev
    -Durango Troi

She was in my Crew. I had a glitch right after 20 Screenshots, so did not finish 4*.

vvpac2pjbnhr.jpg

In that case, entirely forget what I said about Troi/Leonardo and finish Valeris before the next Skirmish event. Her 4 second initialize, 8 second duration, and +9 attack bonus when FF are secretly pretty spectacular. The fact that she only has two charges should be meaningless for Skirmish battles.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who thinks we need to create "The Daily Adventures of DScottHewitt"?

And what character, fictional or not, do you feel he most resembles?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks we need to create "The Daily Adventures of DScottHewitt"?

I feel like I'm not quite right here, but after thinking about it for 5 minutes, Neville Longbottom comes to mind.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like I'm not quite right here, but after thinking about it for 5 minutes, Neville Longbottom comes to mind.

Woah!! That may be spot on.
  • Options

I will take that. He got boned on that prophecy just because Harry's house was closer!!!!!

{Which sums up my life pretty well!!!!!}
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I will take that. He got boned on that prophecy just because Harry's house was closer!!!!!

Don't forget that by the end of the series Neville Longbottom is tough and cool and has a sword.
    Exactly. He and Harry were born on the prophecy day. Only, Voldemort went after Harry first.....
  • Options

Don't forget that by the end of the series Neville Longbottom is tough and cool and has a sword.

Exactly. He and Harry were born on the prophecy day. Only, Voldemort went after Harry first.....

Geez, spoiler alert next time please!
  • Options

Sorry. Books and movies are both pretty old. My bad.
  • Options
    Spoiler, when Dorothy gets back from oz, it turns out it was all just a dream.
  • Options
    Spoiler, when Dorothy gets back from oz, it turns out it was all just a dream.
    Or was it?!?!?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

And he gets jiggy with Luna
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭

I'm actually going through Harry Potter right now for the first time and that did spoil some stuff for me. I just finished Order of the Phoenix which was release in 2007. I think it's safe to say anything that 1 is over 12 years old and 2) has permeated pop culture the entire is well out of the range of spoilers. The statute of limitations has long since expired.
  • Options

I guess I should have made it clearer that I was kidding... Soz!