Home The Bridge
Options

Okay, Enough!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    I was averaging about one minute per Battle in the Skirmish.
    So this actually concerns me. You've been playing long enough that a battle shouldn't be lasting a full minute. What kind of set up are you using?

Yeah. Should be less than ten seconds

the loading and exploding animations alone take more than 10 seconds. when he's measuring how long he's got left before the end of an event, excluding non-skippable animation time would not be beneficial.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was averaging about one minute per Battle in the Skirmish.
    So this actually concerns me. You've been playing long enough that a battle shouldn't be lasting a full minute. What kind of set up are you using?

Yeah. Should be less than ten seconds

the loading and exploding animations alone take more than 10 seconds. when he's measuring how long he's got left before the end of an event, excluding non-skippable animation time would not be beneficial.

Granted. I was just taking purely the battle into account. I suppose the motions take a bit longer. Yeah I can totally see now how those seconds were precious. Um. Yeah. Kidding. Still not sympathetic
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sympathetic. We have so much time allotted. It's reasonable to expect to be able to use the full time. And, it's also reasonable not to have a random check, that's of little macro value so late in the event, interfere with that time usage right before the end.

BTW, I also had one random check, but it came much earlier and right after I had left the game dormant for a time, and then picked it back up.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott, I’ll understand if you elect to not comment here any longer, but there must be something you can do about that startup delay. Whether it is a different device or connection, something is off...even if it’s just the tried-and-true turning it off and back on again trick.

Likewise, I am sure there is is a way to reduce your battle lengths - there any many here who would be happy to help you put together an improved Skirmish crew. I know I would, and can say with certainty that what works in the arena is not necessarily what works in Skirmishes.

As for the negative people that act as if they think one needs to be awake 96 hours straight to be allowed to have an opinion on last-minute VP accumulation, don’t let them get you down. Life gets in the way for a lot of people, to take away time that could have been spent grinding away at this game - that was certainly my experience this weekend and now I’ll have to work that much harder to make sure I get Reno next week. I completely sympathize with you on just barely missing out on that final threshold and wish you the best of luck in the game of CS Roulette!
  • Options
    [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    zda6saqdwqu2.gif
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott, I’ll understand if you elect to not comment here any longer, but there must be something you can do about that startup delay. Whether it is a different device or connection, something is off...even if it’s just the tried-and-true turning it off and back on again trick.

Likewise, I am sure there is is a way to reduce your battle lengths - there any many here who would be happy to help you put together an improved Skirmish crew. I know I would, and can say with certainty that what works in the arena is not necessarily what works in Skirmishes.

As for the negative people that act as if they think one needs to be awake 96 hours straight to be allowed to have an opinion on last-minute VP accumulation, don’t let them get you down. Life gets in the way for a lot of people, to take away time that could have been spent grinding away at this game - that was certainly my experience this weekend and now I’ll have to work that much harder to make sure I get Reno next week. I completely sympathize with you on just barely missing out on that final threshold and wish you the best of luck in the game of CS Roulette!

It certainly doesn’t take 96 hours to get 350k VP
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not, given an appropriate ship. But there are any number of life events and obligations that (should) take precedence over a game, things that leave a very small amount of time left in which to rack up as many VP as possible. It shouldn’t take much human decency at all to consider this possibility before passing judgment.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

But it could if you're trying to balance it with living your non-digital life, and if you have a terrible set up that makes your battles last way longer than they should. I can do a full five battle skirmish in about 2.5 minutes easily, but it sounds like it's taking @DScottHewitt twice as long.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I enjoyed Father’s Day as much as anyone else. Friday I did nothing either. Saturday I played some. Thursday thresholds were cleared in a few hours. I barely played myself
  • Options
    Sorry bro...any problem you had must be your fault. DB is off limits for criticism. :wink:
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here @DScottHewitt, you, you, you know my name; look up the number :)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I read before the OP has limited time/opportunity to play during the week/weekend. And gathering his data collected in the short spans where he can play, its my understanding he is managing as much time and resources as he can.

That would make the outcome even more frustrating.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Simply for the time involved, I quit after getting the third Riker and spent the weekend with my family.

The packs are usually trash anyway so I am sure you are not missing much.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't. I got to 350k midday Saturday, and I'm not a cetacean or a big event player. I just had the time and chrons this time. and with skirmish, you can mindlessly sit there and play while doing other things. And most of my skirmish battles last around 15 seconds on average, from start to the last explosion. I'm sorry he had trouble, but something seems off if he played all weekend like he said he did.

Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Simply for the time involved, I quit after getting the third Riker and spent the weekend with my family.

The packs are usually trash anyway so I am sure you are not missing much.

I got a straight drop of a 1701 Jadzia. Who I think I have frozen already. maybe. I know I had her already, and she was not showing up when I did the search by thing on my Crew.

And enough Schemes {I just noticed} for the Andorian Battle Cruiser Kumari to unlock.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    On what I was using: I have the Bounty and the Cube 10/10 Ranked. I tried the Cube one run, and it was much worse than the Bounty, so I used it the rest of the Epic Runs.

My Crew was: T'Kuvma, for that big instant Damage hit when activated, the Recurring Janeway, Leonardo for my Accuracy person, and Darth Bashir for the Evasion/Instant Repair. That gave me two Crew who Repair, plus the build-in third Skill, which also Repairs. I never had to do the Post-Battle Repair, because I could undo the Boarding Party Damage, and other Damage at the beginning of the next battle, before Shields were gone.

MY crew Levels:

T'Kiuvma 5*, Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Determined Janeway 3*/5* Level 90, 2/4 Equipped.
    Leonardo 2*/5* Level 60, 2/4 Equipped
    Darth Bashir 5*, Level 80, 1/4 Equipped.

Most of the actual Battles had 150+ Seconds or even 160+ Seconds left on Timer when I won. The animations killed me. They really did.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

No, it doesn't. I got to 350k midday Saturday, and I'm not a cetacean or a big event player. I just had the time and chrons this time. and with skirmish, you can mindlessly sit there and play while doing other things. And most of my skirmish battles last around 15 seconds on average, from start to the last explosion. I'm sorry he had trouble, but something seems off if he played all weekend like he said he did.

Actually, I said I played the whole time that I could. Which did not include the weekend itself.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Do you think you could share what other crew you have? Specifically golds, but also purples. That'll help us with finding a better set up, because I'm not sure what you're using is optimal - of those, only T'Kuvma has any business being in a Skirmish (plus Janeway out of necessity). I typically go for a mix of accuracy plus instant damage. Any Ardra in your crew? Killy? Rura Penthe Kirk?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Do you think you could share what other crew you have? Specifically golds, but also purples. That'll help us with finding a better set up, because I'm not sure what you're using is optimal - of those, only T'Kuvma has any business being in a Skirmish (plus Janeway out of necessity). I typically go for a mix of accuracy plus instant damage. Any Ardra in your crew? Killy? Rura Penthe Kirk?

Be a few minutes on that one. I shall return.

q710c3zmvovk.jpg
    jgl6vsxhsb4v.jpg
    miqpqs1hfbj7.jpg
    4isvntymiwvs.jpg
    mdq5v1ta5u0b.jpg

8z1oyjxbmu5c.jpg
    59aedjby0d6g.jpg
    50np16vxyh2s.jpg
    vrcqx6qhx7ta.jpg
    uw4vl70066qy.jpg

vblg3hn7d2re.jpg
    8pattozuv677.jpg
    l5aycvgl84k7.jpg
    20crxoy8h09o.jpg
    10zcgy0c86x8.jpg

tg024i7gdnr5.jpg
    mv02flhlbxr6.jpg
    8skcbj5pv4jq.jpg
    g2cy9s4y6fxj.jpg
    16dqynbeyn1g.jpg

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    On what I was using: I have the Bounty and the Cube 10/10 Ranked. I tried the Cube one run, and it was much worse than the Bounty, so I used it the rest of the Epic Runs.

My Crew was: T'Kuvma, for that big instant Damage hit when activated, the Recurring Janeway, Leonardo for my Accuracy person, and Darth Bashir for the Evasion/Instant Repair. That gave me two Crew who Repair, plus the build-in third Skill, which also Repairs. I never had to do the Post-Battle Repair, because I could undo the Boarding Party Damage, and other Damage at the beginning of the next battle, before Shields were gone.

MY crew Levels:

Most of the actual Battles had 150+ Seconds or even 160+ Seconds left on Timer when I won. The animations killed me. They really did.

Some suggestions, finish Janeway and Tkuvma already. Even if you have to replicate every item you're not that far away and those final items give you a big boost in stats.

Go with more instant damage in a skirmish event. Don't be as concerned about all that repair and evasion. As you saw a skirmish event is about time management. You want to finish the opponent as quickly as possible. If they're dead they can't harm you. And if you shave even 5 seconds off of each battle, that's 25 seconds over one skirmish. While playing for multiple hours straight that translates to multiple extra rounds you can play.

To use your Monday as an example. Let's say your full round took 5 minutes. Over 3 hours that is 36 rounds you played. If you saved 5 seconds per match/25 per round, that's 900 seconds saved. That's 15 minutes and enough time for another 3 rounds. That is your final threshold right there just by saving 5 seconds each battle.

My own ship/crew this skirmish:
    Borg Cube
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Enemy Lines Sisko
    Determined Janeway.

That is 3 instant damage + the borg instant damage
    Any hull damage I took from the Reliant was rebuilt by the borg's repair plus Janeway. But since every other battle ended quickly, I rarely took significant damage besides the reliant match.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that CS helped you, @DScottHewitt .

I would be glad to send you a link to my public (Google Drive) Ship Abilities spreadsheet, which has over 600 crew so far and is sortable by ... everything, pretty much. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

MY crew Levels:

Some suggestions, finish Janeway and Tkuvma already. Even if you have to replicate every item you're not that far away and those final items give you a big boost in stats.

Go with more instant damage in a skirmish event. Don't be as concerned about all that repair and evasion. As you saw a skirmish event is about time management. You want to finish the opponent as quickly as possible. If they're dead they can't harm you. And if you shave even 5 seconds off of each battle, that's 25 seconds over one skirmish. While playing for multiple hours straight that translates to multiple extra rounds you can play.

To use your Monday as an example. Let's say your full round took 5 minutes. Over 3 hours that is 36 rounds you played. If you saved 5 seconds per match/25 per round, that's 900 seconds saved. That's 15 minutes and enough time for another 3 rounds. That is your final threshold right there just by saving 5 seconds each battle.

Borg Cube
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Enemy Lines Sisko
    Determined Janeway.

Any hull damage I took from the Reliant was rebuilt by the borg's repair plus Janeway. But since every other battle ended quickly, I rarely took significant damage besides the reliant match.

My only instant Damage/Kill {Unless I totally missed someone} is the Big T.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Leland? He is my only 400% one and I always use him.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

MY crew Levels:

Borg Cube
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Enemy Lines Sisko
    Determined Janeway.

My only instant Damage/Kill {Unless I totally missed someone} is the Big T.

Check this list. I assume you must have some of the other options here.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Bonus_Ability#Damage
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suus Mahna Sarek is not great because of his 10 second initialization, but I believe he was a free giveaway at one point so you should have him.

Kol was a previous mega crew. You'd need to pair him with a ship that has a cloak, but you probably have him too.

Those are just the two examples that stand out that you almost certainly have. But there are probably others on that list that you've picked up too.