Home The Bridge

7.2.0 Update

Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
Got the in game message.

Would love to know what’s new, what the engine improvements are, anything else to wet my appetite enough to perform the update! :)

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I provided all the information that I could :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    A better game engine to make the game run smoothly and allow for new updates. Hope it works well and does not require ios 11.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14059/v7-2-0-release-notes#latest
    Let’s fly!
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Spoilers please
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I provided all the information that I could :)

Ah go on, just a tease or something? :)
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    know how microsoft puts out updates once a month? it's kind of like that. it's just an update, possibly new back end features, to make future features possible.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    know how microsoft puts out updates once a month? it's kind of like that. it's just an update, possibly new back end features, to make future features possible.

If only the Microsoft updates were just once a month! But I do generally look at what they’re for, security fixes or feature updates.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, in order to get from Point A to Point C, we need to get to Point B first. Nothing exciting about point B, but Point B is required.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Flemming wrote: »

Or, in order to get from Point A to Point C, we need to get to Point B first. Nothing exciting about point B, but Point B is required.

Nail, meet head.
  • My main questions are:

1) will the mobile version(s) work on the same OS versions they currently do?
    2) if not, will we be able to play without updating?

I have an older (Android) phone that hasn't gotten an OS update in a while and won't be getting one probably ever again (unless I root it, but dealing with that and installing a mod is not something I really want to deal with). I can't really go out and get a new phone, so I want to know if I should plan on letting my fleet have an extra spot or not.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, it’s the beginning of Skynet! :D

So the update is called "Genisys"?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I tried on facebook and noticed that the icons don't resize correctly at low resolutions. This is more an issue when I am trying to keep an eye on my voyage at work ;)
    DB: Do Better
    af2gmhor1tob.png
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

If only the Microsoft updates were just once a month! But I do generally look at what they’re for, security fixes or feature updates.

The April/May update nearly killed my computer I was at the brink of nuking and restoring to factory settings thankfully I found a back up image of my computer isolated that I could use. Lost a bit of data but nothing important and unrecoverable elsewhere thankfully.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    edited June 2019
    More testing definitely shows there is an issue, it doesn't seem to scale in the vertical properly and icons quickly become a mess!!

Edit: To avoid derailing the OP thread I have cross posted here https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14061/7-2-0-facebook-scaling-issues#latest

pap249phhwd4.png
  • will the engine upgrade facilitate a 2000 or unlimited item limit? so exciting
    I'm surprised Cheesecake Seven hasn't been suggested yet so I am suggesting the suggestive.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Has any testing been done for IOS 13?
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    inventory is a database thing, not a game engine thing.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the new "Yellow" numerals on one of the Skills new? Never noticed it before? What is it supposed to be? Their Primary? Can't be the Primary. Both of Old School Pike's are Yellow....

i33meegnt13q.jpg

Leonardo's top two are Yellow, yet Dark Ages McCoy's bottom two are Yellow:

66u8giewikk0.jpg
    xiclada8lu86.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    edited June 2019
    looks like it highlights primary and secondary skills.

Edit nope that can't be right DA McCoy is primary in MED

Perhaps it's to do with Items you have equipped showing you which stats have changed as a result, maybe?
    looks like it highlights primary and secondary skills.

Edit nope that can't be right DA McCoy is primary in MED

Perhaps it's to do with Items you have equipped showing you which stats have changed as a result, maybe?

No idea. Immos have it, too.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe time to say goodbye to the Borg start page...perhaps something in a Discovery
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this update doesn't correct all of the interface issues I have had since V7.0.9 then I'm going to have a serious problem.
    edited June 2019
    Maybe time to say goodbye to the Borg start page...perhaps something in a Discovery

I have a Start Up Page now that looks like "All Good Things", or some such. Three Ships and the Time Vortex......

ltx4kgcw1fih.jpg
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    So I forgot if it was always like this but did they push all the stats over to the left side, when you use the selector? or is that new, think its new cause it plays with my eyes ;p

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    So I forgot if it was always like this but did they push all the stats over to the left side, when you use the selector? or is that new, think its new cause it plays with my eyes ;p

It was like that but before the secondary skill was on the right, now it looks like it’s on the left

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »

Yeah I think they have been shifted towards the crew.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    kx6c4sghkati.png