Home The Bridge
Options

7.2.0 Update

Comments

• Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sorry had trouble adding the image to the original post...

Either way I don't see the huge advantage to the highlight stats, or moving the skills to one side, but I'm not db so what do I know lol

Be nice if they fixed some of things others have complained about for years.

Inventory issue?
    The crappy Game chat, we all are forced to endure?
    little to no fleet control for leaders ...

Just to name a couple
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    kx6c4sghkati.png

Wow, that is beyond ugly. Not sure if that’s a scaling error or if someone wanted to open up room to display proficiencies and then forgot to do so.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Yah its pretty bad, hope they either fix it or my eyes somehow get use to it lol
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet is leaking over the edges of the screen, as well. The Select Crew page.....

f98vye363cd8.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet is leaking over the edges of the screen, as well. The Select Crew page.....

f98vye363cd8.jpg

What is the screen resolution of that computer, Scott?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

f98vye363cd8.jpg

One Moment. I know how to do that on this one, now!!!!

4nyf076uh41s.png

1280 x 1024
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

f98vye363cd8.jpg

4nyf076uh41s.png

1280 x 1024

Thank you :)
  • Options

f98vye363cd8.jpg

4nyf076uh41s.png

1280 x 1024

Thank you :)

No problem. This computer {third one I had to try to be able to do stuff} has the Volume Adjust in that Settings Menu. I saw the Rez yesterday, while fixing it so the videos on YouTube would not burst an eardrum.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Has the Build & Change ship menu been improved? Alot of scrolling involved in that one. At least allow us sort by *

I'm not even going to ask about the Portal Bug.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that stability is none of the benefits of the update on FB so far. I ran STT on Edge previously but with it the game does not even start any more. So I switched to Opera which did not work earlier but now does. But it crashes quite often, I would say once per hour. I observed two sorts of crashes: First comes with an error message saying that the cache ran out of space (weird!), the second is a simple freeze where nothing works any more and no message is shown.

Which browser is recommended for playing on FB?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wish I could play on FB. I have tried 4 different browsers many many many many times and none of them work. :(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have to agree, I realize not many play on Facebook at least on the forums, but if anything the game runs even worse now since the update than it did before? I thought the object of an update was to improve performance, the game crashes all the time now, pretty much regardless of what browser is used.

So are we to conclude that db no longer wants Facebook users lol
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    u48zploryxfz.png

This use to happen once and awhile before the update, but now its lot more frequent, usually arena battles or certain menus like the new daily display.
  • Options
    u48zploryxfz.png

This use to happen once and awhile before the update, but now its lot more frequent, usually arena battles or certain menus like the new daily display.

I had to use all ten Arena Battles to BARELY finish my five Arena Battles Chore yesterday.....
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that stability is none of the benefits of the update on FB so far. I ran STT on Edge previously but with it the game does not even start any more. So I switched to Opera which did not work earlier but now does. But it crashes quite often, I would say once per hour. I observed two sorts of crashes: First comes with an error message saying that the cache ran out of space (weird!), the second is a simple freeze where nothing works any more and no message is shown.

Which browser is recommended for playing on FB?

I've found chrome to be the best of the worst but that eats a lot of memory and thus get memory errors fairly often.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    just thinking ? it would cost very little to , have away to utilize ships to change bridge crew (im tired of answering the question), say have them beam aboard current ship, and a search if captns. are trying tio find specifis crew? thouhhts?
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    u48zploryxfz.png

I had to use all ten Arena Battles to BARELY finish my five Arena Battles Chore yesterday.....

Yap same problem for me, its rough
  • Options
    Images from moments apart:

mztx359eo0vw.jpg

Shows I have only done two Arena Battles, however:

jiz9gx49tkfu.jpg

I was gigged for the one that crashed.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So I forgot if it was always like this but did they push all the stats over to the left side, when you use the selector? or is that new, think its new cause it plays with my eyes ;p

Yeah I think they have been shifted towards the crew.

spacing for bigger skill numbers :O :O , or four skilled crew?

yea, i wish :S

or, maybe,maybe, crew tags,like in frozen,dupe,... (please,please, let it be that)
  • Options
    Clearly the memory management has vastly improved, since the 7.0 version when i tab out of the app its killed and needs to restart everytime. Now since the 7.2 multitasking is back and functioning so my biggest annoyance has been fixed, instead of starting up the app dozens of times a day once now suffices big win DB hurray
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the memory management has vastly improved, since the 7.0 version when i tab out of the app its killed and needs to restart everytime. Now since the 7.2 multitasking is back and functioning so my biggest annoyance has been fixed, instead of starting up the app dozens of times a day once now suffices big win DB hurray

I had this same problem and it’s no longer the case. I agree with you wholeheartedly

• Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Facebook version after about 5 seconds.

u9khrbbls7tx.png

Firefox 67.0.4 (64-bit)
  • Options
    Cadet Challenges. Now it freezes on Cadet Challenges.......
  • Options
    I get "There is no problem at our end".

However, multiple people have reported issues since 7.20 went live. I have had to refresh every few minutes {IF I AM LUCKY} all morning.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will the rest of the world get this update? Asking for a friend. ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully not before the bugs are fixed. Arena is unplayable on FB.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    skills are oddly reordered on the crew select screen. not a fan
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Hopefully not before the bugs are fixed. Arena is unplayable on FB.

Still a problem. have almost ran out of Arena Tickets trying to finish the Daily Chore {Do five}
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware of the webgl errors when playing on FB, if you are affected make sure to submit a ticket so we have an idea of the players affected. We are looking into it.

This affects only 7.2.0 on FB, the windows 10 app is already on 7.2.0 and the issue does not present itself there. No ETA yet for the release of 7.2.0 on the remaining platforms, they should however not be affected once it goes live.
  • Options
    We are aware of the webgl errors when playing on FB, if you are affected make sure to submit a ticket so we have an idea of the players affected. We are looking into it.

This affects only 7.2.0 on FB, the windows 10 app is already on 7.2.0 and the issue does not present itself there. No ETA yet for the release of 7.2.0 on the remaining platforms, they should however not be affected once it goes live.

Thank you for addressing the problem, and rolling Facebook game back to 7.1.0