With CMD, SEC and SCI.

xusmtf4y7ac3.png

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    He's here!

With CMD, SEC and SCI.

xusmtf4y7ac3.png

How did you know who not start this thread?!?!?

Another good character from TOS. And a great actor playing a nuanced, driven, guilt-ridden man to perfection, as well!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • About time!
    I'm surprised Matt Decker didn't post first. I'm sure he's all in for this one.
    Can't believe you all beat me to posting about this!

Smarty Smarty
    Late to the Party!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't even try for a pack until someone else gets him and can confirm he has a sound clip of "They say there's no devil, Jim, but there is. Right out of hell, I saw it!". Seriously, though, he's a long overdue and much welcomed addition! Not sure I would characterize William Windom's performance as "nuanced", though. I found him pretty broad and often over the top, but in the most fantastic ways that made TOS so delightful.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or telling Spock he’s bluffing.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    oof and dang my dilithium is too low to chase for this one, ah well at least he has arrived.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe you all beat me to posting about this! Looks like they're going for one of his crazier moments in the episode.

68rhc85yhdec.png

I wish you luck and hope you get him!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, a great character from a great show. Pack only so I have zero chance of getting him but someone will go all out for him
    DB: Do Better
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took one stab only and got Suder, enough attempts for me
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Took one stab only and got Suder, enough attempts for me

Well played, @Yateball. Well played.
    I wouldn't mind a damaged USS Constellation to go with Decker!

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

Okay. I'ma just put this out there. We all know the background, behind the scenes story of why the Constellation was "NCC-1017". But, instead of having a gap of almost 700 NCC Numbers between it and the Enterprise, why did they not make the Constellation NCC-1710?!?!?
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

Okay. I'ma just put this out there. We all know the background, behind the scenes story of why the Constellation was "NCC-1017". But, instead of having a gap of almost 700 NCC Numbers between it and the Enterprise, why did they not make the Constellation NCC-1710?!?!?

The Constellation was actually the first ship of it's kind (hence Constellation Class), so it seems likely there was a different numbering scheme before the Flagship "Enterprise" started the new numbering scheme when they started building more. The USS Constellation probably had an NX series classification until there was a fleet of them.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I thought that constellation was the same class as the Enterprise. They’re both constitution class right?

Also the registry numbers might not reflect the actual number of ships they have. I think this is common for militaries so that way enemies can’t determine the exact number of ships they have.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't even try for a pack until someone else gets him and can confirm he has a sound clip of "They say there's no devil, Jim, but there is. Right out of hell, I saw it!". Seriously, though, he's a long overdue and much welcomed addition! Not sure I would characterize William Windom's performance as "nuanced", though. I found him pretty broad and often over the top, but in the most fantastic ways that made TOS so delightful.

I’d make the case that someone who lost their entir

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

I don’t think there is a good in-universe explanation. If we were to say that the Constellation shown in that episode were really an -A model of a prior Constellation and that Starfleet didn’t actually paint the -A on the hulls of such ships until the 2280s, I suppose it could work...that explanation would then raise questions as to why the 23rd century Enterprise weren’t itself the -A of Archer’s Enterprise, given that Starfleet/UESPA dates back to before the founding of the Federation, and that Kirk’s refit Constitution-class vessel should have been painted with a -B.

The other potential explanation I can think of is even less appealing: that the original Constitution class dates much farther back than any source currently supports and that Decker is merely the last in a long line of captains on a vessel that is many decades old. Given how antsy Admiral Morrow and Starfleet brass were to scrap Enterprise after only 45 years of service (despite the dialog flub where he said “25”), and given that the Constitution class was represented as being new and top-of-the-line in the 2250s, I find this explanation pretty unpalatable.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Two Voq's and a Miral. Sigh. Flushed that dilithium down the toilet. :(

And of course my own fleet admiral is already using him as her avatar. :s
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

The Constellation was actually the first ship of it's kind (hence Constellation Class), so it seems likely there was a different numbering scheme before the Flagship "Enterprise" started the new numbering scheme when they started building more. The USS Constellation probably had an NX series classification until there was a fleet of them.

Actually, the Enterprise was a Constitution Class Ship. The Constellation was not the Class Ship......
    I thought that constellation was the same class as the Enterprise. They’re both constitution class right?

Also the registry numbers might not reflect the actual number of ships they have. I think this is common for militaries so that way enemies can’t determine the exact number of ships they have.

The model used was an {IIRC} AMT model kit. They just took the NCC decal and rearranged the numbers. But, it has always bugged my OCD.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

The real world explanation, at least for the Enterprise's registry number, was the model builders wanted distinct numbers that would be clearly legible (think no eights or nines, as those might look the same). The TV cameras in the 60s were pretty terrible with fine detail like that. Since the Constellation in that picture has the same numbers as the Enterprise, only arranged differently, that would explain its number.

Also, keep in mind, this image is from the HD restoration, where all the ship scenes were redone. So it's not how it originally looked when first aired.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    quick breakdown:

Gauntlet: nonstarter
    Arena: 400% insta-damage is always good, especially without a trigger, but 8 seconds is a long time
    Shuttles: #7 base CMD is impressive, but he's a one-off with few useful traits. His best pair, CMD/SEC is barely top 25
    Voyages: barely top 50, but the 4th highest CMD total and 5th best with his skill set (shared with only 17 others).

Summary:
    If you wanted another Mirror Picard for your voyages, albeit over 100 points weaker and who can't perform anywhere else, Decker's your man. Or just get EV Suit Burnham (who has near-identical voyage stats)
    EnderW wrote: »

prm8s3e4hsds.jpg

The real world explanation, at least for the Enterprise's registry number, was the model builders wanted distinct numbers that would be clearly legible (think no eights or nines, as those might look the same). The TV cameras in the 60s were pretty terrible with fine detail like that. Since the Constellation in that picture has the same numbers as the Enterprise, only arranged differently, that would explain its number.

Also, keep in mind, this image is from the HD restoration, where all the ship scenes were redone. So it's not how it originally looked when first aired.

The reason for the Constellation seen in the episode is as above. Economy.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and for the record, per the Shan room:

FE/FF level 100 CMD 1241 (291-379), SEC 787 (254-544), SCI 494 (68-143)
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 862 (291-379), SEC 339 (254-544), SCI 269 (68-143)

5le9z5d6ns27.png
    and for the record, per the Shan room:

FE/FF level 100 CMD 1241 (291-379), SEC 787 (254-544), SCI 494 (68-143)
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 862 (291-379), SEC 339 (254-544), SCI 269 (68-143)

5le9z5d6ns27.png

Another Arena/Skirmish Hammer.
  • Can't believe you all beat me to posting about this! Looks like they're going for one of his crazier moments in the episode.

68rhc85yhdec.png

I’m glad we’ve finally got him and he looks nice but I would have preferred a different, more sedate pose.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man... I was SO tempted to buy this pack. But the only crew besides the Commodore who I don't have immortalized is Tuxedo EggNog, so I wasn't willing to roll the dice.

But at least now I finally have an opportunity to use this gif I made many moons ago. And I agree with you, Travis — his crazed performance made for an utterly entertaining viewing experience. ;)

6d5yswn85hp5.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Oh man... I was SO tempted to buy this pack. But the only crew besides the Commodore who I don't have immortalized is Tuxedo EggNog, so I wasn't willing to roll the dice.

But at least now I finally have an opportunity to use this gif I made many moons ago. And I agree with you, Travis — his crazed performance made for an utterly entertaining viewing experience. ;)

6d5yswn85hp5.gif

...is his uniform logo a pretzel?? :#
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

6d5yswn85hp5.gif

...is his uniform logo a pretzel?? :#

I wondered about that, too. Found out it's the insignia of his ship, the USS Constellation (NCC-1017)...
    146?cb=20090325125851&path-prefix=en

Another interesting bit of trivia, courtesy of Memory Alpha:
    In an excerpt from the writer's guide to Star Trek: The Motion Picture featured in The Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture – Susan Sackett and Gene Roddenberry's book about the movie – Matt Decker is established as the father of Will Decker. Similarly, for the entry about Williard Decker (Will Decker) in the Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 1, p. 191), he is identified as the son of Matt Decker. In a background note for this entry, the authors state that Paramount publicity materials for the first movie suggested the existence of this relationship.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my quips about Discovery. In Kirk's era, the insignia badge was different for all ships. Later, because of the USS Enterprise, Starfleet made all insignias under the model of the Enterprise badge.

So why does everyone in Discovery have the Enterprise badge?

(I havent yet seen Discovery, I want to, so if the answer was given, I dont know)
    Intentionally Left Blank