Home The Bridge

Since this week is a Skirmish.....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
What are some places to do Space Battles for Intel that drop stuff usually used in Crafting in Galaxy Events?
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Episode 1-8 drops translation algorithms which is always my go to cuz they're needed for everything
  • ]§[ Jonathan]§[ Jonathan ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I like ‘Ancient Guardians’ in Episode 6 and ‘Long Distance Call’ in the Delphic Expanse.”
    What are some places to do Space Battles for Intel that drop stuff usually used in Crafting in Galaxy Events?

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    vickyjona wrote: »
    Alpha Onias II, Regula 1, Earth and over Deep Space Nine.

Okay. Thanx?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    "on their heels" drops 0* clothing patterns efficiently.
    "he means well" drops 1* spices pretty efficiently as well
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Yateball wrote: »
    Episode 1-8 drops translation algorithms which is always my go to cuz they're needed for everything
    "on their heels" drops 0* clothing patterns efficiently.
    "he means well" drops 1* spices pretty efficiently as well

Thanx!!!!!!
  • I always look which 4* components (sensors, databases, casing, etc) I need for my crew and pick the ship battle with the highest number of pips. They are a crime to harvest anyway, might as well pick up some intel along the way.

And you can indeed never go wrong with translation algorithms. The last item for Mirror Troi that I still need requires 80 of them I believe.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
    I always look which 4* components (sensors, databases, casing, etc) I need for my crew and pick the ship battle with the highest number of pips. They are a crime to harvest anyway, might as well pick up some intel along the way.

And you can indeed never go wrong with translation algorithms. The last item for Mirror Troi that I still need requires 80 of them I believe.

Thanx. I might as well be banking supplies. Since next week might be a Galaxy. Since we did Fraction last week, and Skirmish this week. And there will be one sooner or later, any way.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This question is one of my well guarded secrets
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to farm 3*/4* components during Skirmish events, saving the 0*/1* items for collection during Galaxy events...pre-farming can be a tricky proposition whether done on a daily basis or during Skirmishes. If I’ve stocked up enough on the rare and super-rate items, I’ll do Beyond the Call for translation algorithms and Rockslide for science experiments and text books, plus maybe a few runs for 0* casings, 0* clothing patterns, 1* polyalloys, and 0* flux couplers. Those are needed everywhere, not just during Galaxy events.
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Heres my farming list during skirmish. Its basically for pre-farming items for galaxy events with the following criteria
    - Required in galaxy event
    - I have less than 100 mats (which means its being used)
    - N (Normal), EL (Elite), EP (Epic)
    - DE (Delphic Expanse), KE (Klingon Empire), CT (Celestial Temple)

Item Mission
    Casing DE-1-N
    ★ Casing KE-2-EL
    Power Cell DE-3-N
    ★ Isolinear Chips 4-8-N
    Sensor 1-12-N
    ★ Emitter Crystal 4-9-N
    Expansion Module 1-2-N
    ★ Spices 4-11-N
    Clothing Pattern 1-5-N
    Submicron Scanner 1-5-EL
    Radiation Collector DE-1-EL
    Flux Coupler 4-3-N
    Earpiece 2-6-N
    Translation Algorithm KE-1-N
    ★★ Authorization Code 1-8-EL
    ★ Novel CT-1-N
    ★ Criminal Activity Report DE-3-EP
    ★ Self-sealing Stem Bolt 3-1-N

Hope this helps

That is awesome. I am handicapped by the means of access I currently have, and it can take a while to look up one Mission on the Wiki.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took notes during our last Galaxy Event of the recipe items I ran out of and had to actually farm for after awhile. Most of them drop either exclusively from Away Missions or the drop rate is so low for Space Battles that they may as well be Away Mission exclusives, but here's what I recorded:

A Logical Response - 0* Sensor
    He Means Well - 1* Spices
    Beyond the Call - 0* Translation Altorithm
    Warranted Pursuit - 1* Novel
    On Their Heels - 0* Submicron Scanner
    A Kazon Scorned - 0* Flux Coupler

Obviously, this was before Episode 10 went active, so there may be better options now than then.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celestial Temple Distress Call 3 - Pirate Problems on Epic
    7 x 11- Hounded on Epic
    8 x 13 - Lashing Out on Epic

I see I still don’t have much to worry about
    Okay. How come no one told me we can just jump to Epic? I have always done one Normal, then one Elite, then Epic the rest of the time. I thought it was like the Missions........
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip: Leave crew leveled to a point that you can farm stuff that is commonly needed.

This serves two purposes. First, farming during Skirmishes. Second, leaving stuff for campaign and dabo and gauntlet to drop.
    Farewell 🖖
    Okay. How come no one told me we can just jump to Epic? I have always done one Normal, then one Elite, then Epic the rest of the time. I thought it was like the Missions........

I guess I didn’t think to even mention that...maybe because that first time I tried using the featured existing ship straight away? I dunno. That should net you a few thousand extra points, right?

I guess I didn’t think to even mention that...maybe because that first time I tried using the featured existing ship straight away? I dunno. That should net you a few thousand extra points, right?

Yes. I had always wasted two battles for the Normal and Elite payouts. I might be able to get far enough today to guarantee Thresholds Monday, without that last minute stuff!!!!!

#WhatevertheHashTagIsForMyTrialsAndTribbulations

Yes. I had always wasted two battles for the Normal and Elite payouts. I might be able to get far enough today to guarantee Thresholds Monday, without that last minute stuff!!!!!

#WhatevertheHashTagIsForMyTrialsAndTribbulations

God, I hope so

• eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has added it yet but the last space mission of the new episode 10, at elite level, drops the 0* first contact protocols that I've been replicating for MONTHS :)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we've all seen players in our personal ranking neighborhood with scores that are not clean increments of 100. I had always assumed it was a strategic choice for those folks - like running one battle at normal so that they can break a potential future tie with someone at the tier reward line. Perhaps I was overthinking it. (Obviously, it could also be because the player doesn't have a strong enough ship for epic.)

I do remember running 1 normal and 1 elite battle in the first skirmish until I realized just how strong my existing 5* ships were for this event style. After that, it was just straight to epic. But I don't remember if there were ever any instructions about that - too long ago.
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Heres my farming list during skirmish. Its basically for pre-farming items for galaxy events with the following criteria
    - Required in galaxy event
    - I have less than 100 mats (which means its being used)
    - N (Normal), EL (Elite), EP (Epic)
    - DE (Delphic Expanse), KE (Klingon Empire), CT (Celestial Temple)

Item Mission
    Casing DE-1-N
    ★ Casing KE-2-EL
    Power Cell DE-3-N
    ★ Isolinear Chips 4-8-N
    Sensor 1-12-N
    ★ Emitter Crystal 4-9-N
    Expansion Module 1-2-N
    ★ Spices 4-11-N
    Clothing Pattern 1-5-N
    Submicron Scanner 1-5-EL
    Radiation Collector DE-1-EL
    Flux Coupler 4-3-N
    Earpiece 2-6-N
    Translation Algorithm KE-1-N
    ★★ Authorization Code 1-8-EL
    ★ Novel CT-1-N
    ★ Criminal Activity Report DE-3-EP
    ★ Self-sealing Stem Bolt 3-1-N

Hope this helps

I really appreciate this post, but can u help a novice? I'm trying to understand if these missions are limited to space battles. And some of the missions don't have the episode abbreviation next to them. (ex. *Iso chips thru submicron scanner) Are the from the closest one above it? Thanks soo much for your help. @mejoyh
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    I really appreciate this post, but can u help a novice? I'm trying to understand if these missions are limited to space battles. And some of the missions don't have the episode abbreviation next to them. (ex. *Iso chips thru submicron scanner) Are the from the closest one above it? Thanks soo much for your help. @mejoyh

The structure is: Episode->Mission->Difficulty. I think you are confusing the term "episode" here. On a TV show this would be called a "season", not an episode. In this game, an episode consists of several missions, and each mission has 3 difficulties.

The list is not completely accurate (you can verify and add by checking items during Galaxy events), but most of these items could be called the "A list", items that drop either exclusively or with highest efficiency from ship battles.
    There are others that drop from both ship battles and away team missions, with a much better chance from away team missions...those would be the "B list".
    If you want to become competitive, your goal is to prioritize the A list and farm enough of those that you NEVER have to run a single mission for them outside of a Skirmish event...when that's the case, you can continue with the B list, or even farm items for leveling crew from more ship missions. You always farm missions with an active supply kit, and the only limit is how much Real life time you have to use up all the intel you're farming.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »

The structure is: Episode->Mission->Difficulty. I think you are confusing the term "episode" here. On a TV show this would be called a "season", not an episode. In this game, an episode consists of several missions, and each mission has 3 difficulties.

The list is not completely accurate (you can verify and add by checking items during Galaxy events), but most of these items could be called the "A list", items that drop either exclusively or with highest efficiency from ship battles.
    There are others that drop from both ship battles and away team missions, with a much better chance from away team missions...those would be the "B list".
    If you want to become competitive, your goal is to prioritize the A list and farm enough of those that you NEVER have to run a single mission for them outside of a Skirmish event...when that's the case, you can continue with the B list, or even farm items for leveling crew from more ship missions. You always farm missions with an active supply kit, and the only limit is how much Real life time you have to use up all the intel you're farming.

Thanks, I'm really still trying to understand the structure of this and I appreciate your help. I was confused because some on that list doesn't say whether its from DE KE or CT, just a series like *Spices 4-11-N. I get the N is normal diff, but are the 4 and 11 the missions in the last listed episode? ( I have a headache now lol) I'm gonna stick to what you said about the A and B list and just play for fun, and not farm too many Intel if I don't plan on committing my whole weekend to this.
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Most episodes have a number (1-10), for example "Episode 1 The Art of War", but some (the "Distress Calls") only have a name (for example Celestial Temple "CT" or Delphic Expanse "DE").
    For example, "Flux Coupler 4-3-N" means the item drops from episode 4 (Hostile Takeover), mission 3 of that episode (A Kazon Scorned), on normal difficulty.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
    Flay wrote: »
    You always farm missions with an active supply kit, and the only limit is how much Real life time you have to use up all the intel you're farming.

Heh...I made a choice yesterday to do rather a lot of farming - about 20,000 chrons of it, which with the supply kit dumped about 244,000 intel in my lap.

Part of this is to have a robust supply of holoemitters to use over the next week, part was due to the realization that even if I have enough chrons to ever make a run at winning an event, I don’t have the willpower (or thumb cartilage) to do so. Might as well farm hard-to-get components by the shipload, get a mountain of holoemitters, and still keep enough chrons in reserve such that I can guarantee a top-1500 finish in any Galaxy/Skirmish/Hybrid event of my choosing.
  • No one has added it yet but the last space mission of the new episode 10, at elite level, drops the 0* first contact protocols that I've been replicating for MONTHS :)

Epic level. ☺
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This question is one of my well guarded secrets

... to finishing 2nd too often ?