Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: On the Backs of Giants - 07/18

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: On the Backs of Giants
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Honored Owosekun 5* (New), Aleek-Om 4* (New), and Commander Uhura 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/18 until Monday 07/22 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Dr. Pollard (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/25.

Event Faction: Federation, Augments, Ferengi Traditionalists

Bonus crew::
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Uhura, and crew with the innovator trait.

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice some love for TAS again
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Big Bird incoming!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Pollard seems very authoritative, very Commanding (hint, hint)
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay a new 4/4 that's animated and a galaxy so I only have to unfreeze a few people...into all of those open slots i now have! Thanks as always Shan!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see Dr. Pollard's stats. She is the CMO, commanding the medical staff, including Culber, no? If so, perhaps command should be her secondary skill? Please, DB??
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Soooo I just watched that episode of TAS on Sunday and was thinking he would make an interesting card - curious to see how he'll look in-game.

And YASSSSS for Pollard!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!! Aleek-Om is from TAS and is the closest I am going to get to having an Avian Xindi so I am going to pretend that is what he is.

lrivns2ckkn6.jpg

And Dr. Pollard is funny with her acerbic wit on Discovery. Yikes though, now we are going to have to hear the whingeing on of the haters who claim to like star trek but hate a huge swath of it.

zpdwjgwqapgf.jpg

Still going to be a great event though. Thanks DB!

Both those are awesome crew additions. I like the animated series characters. And I have been we need Pollard for a while. She is a cool character.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    On the positive side, that bird is so alien it could have any combination of skills...and SCI ;)
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Big Bird incoming!

Hehe, and next week, Mr. Snuffleupagus!

cwy2pc3kck53.jpg

He was my favourite Sesame Street character growing up.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    On the positive side, that bird is so alien it could have any combination of skills...and SCI ;)

SCI: Historian Researcher
    ENG: He was voiced by James Doohan
    DIP: Cause he's a bird

do we think that ENG is enough to make him (? it?) a jury rigger? :#
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Nothing to see here...
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleek-Om is from TAS - - awesome... awesome... awesome... awesome... awesome... awesome...
    :)
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some TAS love? Hooray!

Pollard isn’t my first choice for a new doctor (paging Dr. M’Benga to the lobby) but if she ends up being MED/COM she will be worth going for.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally not a fan of TAS, but hope to see Dr. Pollard get more screen time in Discovery season 3. I'll probably go threshold-and-out, unless the following event is a straight faction where I'd be buying event packs.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'm personally not a fan of TAS, but hope to see Dr. Pollard get more screen time in Discovery season 3. I'll probably go threshold-and-out, unless the following event is a straight faction where I'd be buying event packs.

I might join you, unless Dr. Pollard has good stats. My hopes are MED/CMD/SCI.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    DIP: Cause he's a bird

Can’t argue with that.
  • Options
    And Dr. Pollard is funny with her acerbic wit on Discovery. Yikes though, now we are going to have to hear the whingeing on of the haters who claim to like star trek but hate a huge swath of it.

Acerbic wit? I honestly can’t remember her saying a single word. Also don’t remember her name being mentioned once. Also also, I wouldn’t call Discovery a “huge swath” or Star Trek

Many of the "Disco haters" hate the JJ movies and TAS as well. They also will likely all hate the new Picard series and claim it also is not canon and why can't Picard be more like he was in TNG? It gets tiresome especially when the complaints are the exact same every time in every post. A few players that insist on being wet blankets and trying to take the enjoyment from everyone else. Dr. Pollard is great in the second season of Discovery and has some funny lines when people are injured in the sick bay and talking with people who have visited them.

I’ll have to take your word for it. I don’t remember her ever saying anything, and I’m not rewatching to find out.
  • Options
    I'm just glad that Commander Uhura is in this one. Can finally FF my 3* copy!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see Dr. Pollard's stats. She is the CMO, commanding the medical staff, including Culber, no? If so, perhaps command should be her secondary skill? Please, DB??

Well, according to Memory Alpha, Dr. Pollard is a Lieutenant (junior grade), so an inferior officer to Culber who is a Lieutenant Commander. Still, my recollection was of her telling Culber what to do when he was recovering. Maybe that's because he wasn't back on duty yet and still a patient? Either way, I still hope she has some command skill.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    🍿🍿🍿

I do like popcorn. But let's kick it up a notch to kettle corn.

0404gnm31qeg.jpg

42a7wobce8s8.jpg
    Let’s fly!