• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    That Bird is the Word

Best post in this thread.

How so? I thought everyone knows that the bird is the word

I hadn’t heard about the bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUi5xKQXG6I
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    These bonus traits are all smurfed up.

5jjf503v3krq.jpg
    va2vaaulzkrg.jpg
    o2s7211cl6qt.jpg
    k8l2plouyri0.jpg

Edit to add: Uhura as Veteran screenshot.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I thought the bonus was off apparently my interfaced la forge is better than uhura, don’t get me wrong his dip is awesome immortalised, but uhura is big bonus and should still be the better option
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the bonus was off apparently my interfaced la forge is better than uhura, don’t get me wrong his dip is awesome immortalised, but uhura is big bonus and should still be the better option

My math has The event crew beneath two of my small bonus crew:
    ju3dimpktg64.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Flemming wrote: »

ju3dimpktg64.png

That looks right to me. My Interfaced LaForge is only 1/5, and he's only a little behind Commander Uhura on a couple builds. That version of Uhura is just a weak card, which is too bad, since I thought that moment in ST:III was one of her stronger, take-charge moments.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK cool, I thought it was just me that was seeing insanely low bonuses! This event is broken.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like, I'm using 3/4 FE event crew WITH 3* boosts and still barely getting to 60%!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Like, I'm using 3/4 FE event crew WITH 3* boosts and still barely getting to 60%!
    Yeah I am getting low percentages too. It doesnt help that all my good med crew are on a voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

ju3dimpktg64.png

That looks right to me. My Interfaced LaForge is only 1/5, and he's only a little behind Commander Uhura on a couple builds. That version of Uhura is just a weak card, which is too bad, since I thought that moment in ST:III was one of her stronger, take-charge moments.

The concern I have isn't whether Bonus Crew are racking up higher totals than Featured Crew. It's that some crew are getting bonuses for traits they don't have.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

ju3dimpktg64.png

The concern I have isn't whether Bonus Crew are racking up higher totals than Featured Crew. It's that some crew are getting bonuses for traits they don't have.

I started the event over an hour late -- around 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time (US). I haven't noticed any improper trait bonuses. So perhaps the bug was fixed? Or it's unique to one platform? I use iOS.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK cool, I thought it was just me that was seeing insanely low bonuses! This event is broken.

I’m glad I'm not the only one seeing this. Without Owo and having not gotten far enough to grab Aleek-Om, I don’t think I have gone over 65% on any build yet. Some are languishing in the 30s...I might need to start burning skill boosts to help.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I invested semi-heavily in the pre-event packs and purchases to make sure I had all the event crew (won the 5* in the skirmish last week). I began this event with all 3 event crew at level 100, both super rares at 3/4 and the legendary at 1/5. When they are getting 56% on double skill checks AFTER 3 failures, that is really all the proof I need that the event is (or at the very least WAS at the time) broken. I'm going to wait a few hours to see if anything changes or announcements are made, as right now I feel like I'm just flushing resources down the waste reclamation system.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will post an example. Please let me know if this is actually working as intended or if this is glitched.

qp3sectaqd3m.jpg

wdwdmhnbnxd8.jpg

4x5d6prli855.jpg

9h9adt4lloec.jpg

Both skills matched, and even with a 5* boost I can't get above 57%?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another example:

c5o3nnaqxjjl.jpg

jr2c2bwsom1b.jpg

fv7oxn12hxo5.jpg

That seems insanely low for an immortalized event crew matching both skills.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

ju3dimpktg64.png

Here is a view based on FFFE stats (the status shown is where I have them at "Complete" = FFFE, "Equipped" = FE, etc.) with bonuses, sorted by DIP.
    g4odp9861kkv.png
    Prof Sato is the highest card without a bonus.

Poor Uhura doesn't compete well in that group even with an event bonus.

To Travis' point, the trait mismatch is odd.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will post an example. Please let me know if this is actually working as intended or if this is glitched.

qp3sectaqd3m.jpg

wdwdmhnbnxd8.jpg

4x5d6prli855.jpg

9h9adt4lloec.jpg

I think this is as designed. At best, Aleek-Om is going to provide about 2000 in MED points and 1300 in DIP. The other skills have cards which are putting up upwards of 4000 skill points. (Owosekun SCI, for example)

Top bonuses
    COM: Honored Owosekum ~3100
    DIP: Interfaced La Forge ~2700
    ENG: Sphere Builder Presage: ~2900
    SEC: Gunslinger Uhura: ~2500
    SCI: Honored Owosekun: ~4200
    MED: Aleek-Om: ~2000
    (Your collections/Starbase mileage may vary)

It is quite rare to see the Event Crew only monopolize half of the skills in a Galaxy, but I bet the % RR chance is based more on the 4200 than the 2000 scale.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

qp3sectaqd3m.jpg

wdwdmhnbnxd8.jpg

4x5d6prli855.jpg

9h9adt4lloec.jpg

I think this is as designed. At best, Aleek-Om is going to provide about 2000 in MED points and 1300 in DIP. The other skills have cards which are putting up upwards of 4000 skill points. (Owosekun SCI, for example)

Top bonuses
    COM: Honored Owosekum ~3100
    DIP: Interfaced La Forge ~2700
    ENG: Sphere Builder Presage: ~2900
    SEC: Gunslinger Uhura: ~2500
    SCI: Honored Owosekun: ~4200
    MED: Aleek-Om: ~2000
    (Your collections/Starbase mileage may vary)

It is quite rare to see the Event Crew only monopolize half of the skills in a Galaxy, but I bet the % RR chance is based more on the 4200 than the 2000 scale.

I agree -- that looks as designed to me, too. Your Aleek-Om example (which is one I'm also experiencing) is not on his top skill, which is science. It's a combo of his secondary and tertiary skills. And Commander Uhura's stats are very, very low for a super rare crew.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understood, thank you.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody else noticed Baby Simba's face in the background when you complete the set on the right?!

guqluse5dplp.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Travis S McClain!

idwvbiu2ihif.jpg
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody else noticed Baby Simba's face in the background when you complete the set on the right?!

guqluse5dplp.jpg

If you look REALLY closely, they also spelled out S E X with the dust cloud. ;)
  • Options

*waves* I've cashed in my Super Rares and I'm tapping out. Much as I'd like Dr. Pollard, I'm down to 8000 chronitons and I'm out of several component items. The stuff from Space Battles, I've got aplenty, thanks to last week's Skirmish. But the Away Mission-only items I still haven't had time to replenish from going all out after Jett Reno a month ago.

God, I wish they'd do something new with these recipes. Even Warp 10'ing the same missions over and over is tedious.
  • Options
    middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    #1500 is currently about 386000.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just passed 1500.
    e6nmjxq08fg1.jpg
    I suspect I will need way more than I thought.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    125 points is good for 45,663rd place right now

755cuj1rmzug.png
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    o32dy6unmg72.png

The impression from some of our fleet is competition wasn’t that bad.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, unless I spend all night crafting instead of sleeping I doubt I will even sniff the top 1500. Limited time to play plus terrible rare drop rates have me thinking I will have to unload my dil stash on event packs next week if I really want Dr. Pollard on my crew. I felt like I was running in mud the entire event...I just barely cleared the 130,000 threshold and don’t even feel like stretching for 160k to get merits. Weird.

755cuj1rmzug.png

Does that number of players seem low to anyone else? I could have sworn it was quite a bit higher in past events.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, unless I spend all night crafting instead of sleeping I doubt I will even sniff the top 1500. Limited time to play plus terrible rare drop rates have me thinking I will have to unload my dil stash on event packs next week if I really want Dr. Pollard on my crew. I felt like I was running in mud the entire event...I just barely cleared the 130,000 threshold and don’t even feel like stretching for 160k to get merits. Weird.

755cuj1rmzug.png

Does that number of players seem low to anyone else? I could have sworn it was quite a bit higher in past events.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in the 60,000’s. Usually I’m in the 50,000’s when I craft one item. But there’s no telling how many people have 125 points who are tied yet ranked above me or below me