Home The Bridge

QoL updates

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
With the upcoming flashback event allowing the devs to work on quality of life updates for the game, I was wondering what are some of your suggestions for QoL upgrades to the game? I really enjoy the game but I'm sure like some (most?) of you I find myself checking STT way more often than I would like to admit and would really like more of my time back instead of the constant checking back to get things done again.

My biggest bug bear having to constantly check towards the end of a voyage in order to maximise reward drops. My suggestion would be to add in an 'auto-pilot' function. You can only use it once per voyage and it only last 30m (60m?). If a voyage fails within the 30m which the auto-pilot function is activated, then the voyage just gets recalled like normal.

What are some of your suggestions?

Comments

• Fewer dailies to get max completion. 2 scans, 6 factions, 4 arena/ cadets etc so you only need to log in a couple of times a day to finish on slow days.
  • veX wrote: »
    Fleet management.

+1
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could remove the timer on cadet challenges and arena battles. Especially for arena battles, it's annoying to wait for the next battle to be available and it doesn't really make sense either, since it's not one of those things you can speed up with dilithium.
    It would probably make the changes in top ranks even more frequent and fast than before, so they could also just keep the timer for battles inside of the same division. That way if you have just done a battle in Admiral division, you'd have to wait before you can do another one there, but at least you could do two Captain and Commander battles immediately.

I would love this so much. It's my biggest peeve about the dailies.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Fix the inventory cap.
    Decent sorting in the vault.

Yes, inventory fix first.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory management.

Timers for ads, so that I know when the next double-up is up etc.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory management.

Timers for ads, so that I know when the next double-up is up etc.

Courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose via Discord:

i0xn19q0ugdr.jpeg
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Here is the first bug fix I’ve seen them make. Not exactly a QoL improvement. The wiki was what the recipe used to be. The game screenshot is what it was changed to in game.

mxpba0e0p0vd.jpeg
    9nbuh3u668hv.jpeg

So now the 4* Eval program needs the 3* instead of 1*. Logical but not exactly improving the player experience.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Apart from item cap and stat-conform vault sorting I wished they finally fixed the ad problem where no ad buttons are shown. I have been suffering from this since months on my mobile and can only watch ads after work if I run STT on Bluestacks.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Fewer dailies to get max completion. 2 scans, 6 factions, 4 arena/ cadets etc so you only need to log in a couple of times a day to finish on slow days.

Scans are a 100% useless feature and should just be removed entirely or completely overhauled... There's nothing enticing about them in their current state

They are useful for newer players but not for much there for anyone else. I don't have a problem removing them as the issue is that you have to plan to get three scans in if you have a busy schedule and not every platform has ads to skip one.

A QoL change need to make significant reductions on how long it takes play the game. A lot of the changes being discussed here may be useful but individually aren't game changers as far as QoL is concerned. We need to find events that don't take 10-20 extra hours out of your weekend if you are actively chasing rank and change existing ones in the same way. Shortening the daily task list will have a positive effect on QoL and it is probably the easiest change to make. Scans could be left in the game but removed from the daily requirements.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Fewer dailies to get max completion. 2 scans, 6 factions, 4 arena/ cadets etc so you only need to log in a couple of times a day to finish on slow days.

Scans are a 100% useless feature and should just be removed entirely or completely overhauled... There's nothing enticing about them in their current state

You get a lot of faction missions from scans.
    Let’s fly!
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) revamp the whole inventory system. I want to be able see how much I have if a certain item and even be able to go into the “acquire tree” (like in a mission).
    2) when you “X” close the voyage screen while building the voyage, it should have a confirmation dialogue. I can’t tell you how many times I have spent 30 mins or so building a voyage crew only to press the wrong button and lose all that work.
    3) display the cool down timer for all ad-rewards. 4-hour timer for cadet ad-warp, 1-hour timer for cadet ad-double, 20-min timer between the two, 24-hr timer for ad-dabo, etc, etc, etc.
    4) bring back the “and” bug. I was not around when it was active, but logically it makes sense. Granted, it would make tracking crew a ton more difficult, but it would add another layer to the game that could be interesting.
    5) make sure the percentages on shuttles (both daily and faction) are accurate. Especially if the “and” bug is brought back. And make sure the best crew is listed first in galaxies.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

You get a lot of faction missions from scans.

Yes, and I do like that
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) when you “X” close the voyage screen while building the voyage, it should have a confirmation dialogue. I can’t tell you how many times I have spent 30 mins or so building a voyage crew only to press the wrong button and lose all that work.

Yes, this. I have never spent 30 mins building a crew, normally 3-4 minutes at most. If I am skiving for a five minutes at work, I may only have time to build a crew once. If I hit close without starting the voyage I might not have time to build another crew.

• Ability to see portal pull
    Ability to see portal pull

Huh? What does that mean?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some users don’t see what they get when they do pulls. Kinda makes beholds a nightmare.

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Some users don’t see what they get when they do pulls. Kinda makes beholds a nightmare.

I had no idea! Fixing this bug would indeed be a major improvement. Thanks for the explanation!