Home The Bridge

QoL updates

Comments

• Would be nice if we could get some kind of update/explanation about the 5 shuttle events in a row. Are they related to the explanation regrading the "flashback" event? Are QoL updates still being worked on, because the original announcement seemed to indicate that was a one week deal "the flashback" then we would see updates. 5 weeks later and well..... :*

Scroll up to the top of this thread and see the giant orange announcement requesting testing of a new client version of the software that addressed some significant memory issues for the FB release that prevented this client version update when planned. I take that as a hint they committed to fixing the new client version, which itself was released because they had future plans for it.
  • For those that want to completely remove scans from the game, remember that it's the only way to get a Ktarian headset.
  • Ice Man wrote: »
    For those that want to completely remove scans from the game, remember that it's the only way to get a Ktarian headset.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but personally I would take a replacement of scans with almost anything else in exchange for the nearly infinitesimal chance to get an easter egg I'd use once and forget about.
    For those that want to completely remove scans from the game, remember that it's the only way to get a Ktarian headset.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but personally I would take a replacement of scans with almost anything else in exchange for the nearly infinitesimal chance to get an easter egg I'd use once and forget about.

The chance is not small once you know what to do. I got it on the first try. That said, once I got it I used it once and forgot about it.
  • Augmented BadgerAugmented Badger ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The chance is not small once you know what to do. I got it on the first try. That said, once I got it I used it once and forgot about it.

Fair enough. Maybe the odds got better than when it first was announced, or I just have terrible luck... after all I still don't have a Caretaker despite playing the Guantlet everyday since he was released. :s
  • The chance is not small once you know what to do. I got it on the first try. That said, once I got it I used it once and forgot about it.

Fair enough. Maybe the odds got better than when it first was announced, or I just have terrible luck... after all I still don't have a Caretaker despite playing the Guantlet everyday since he was released. :s

Same here on that, unfortunately. But here's what I did exactly, per the Wiki:

UPDATE: The Headset has been confirmed to be available at Risa (located on the Galaxy Map between Federation and Ferengi space). Use an Immortalized Commander Riker, Ensign Crusher and Ensign Robin Lefler assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (available on all platforms).

Not all of that may be strictly necessary, but if you want to be sure, follow that recipe and it should work.
  • The chance is not small once you know what to do. I got it on the first try. That said, once I got it I used it once and forgot about it.

UPDATE: The Headset has been confirmed to be available at Risa (located on the Galaxy Map between Federation and Ferengi space). Use an Immortalized Commander Riker, Ensign Crusher and Ensign Robin Lefler assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (available on all platforms).

Not all of that may be strictly necessary, but if you want to be sure, follow that recipe and it should work.

And what do you do with it ? I never bothered to try get it and forgot about it.
  • Me [AUS] wrote: »

And what do you do with it ? I never bothered to try get it and forgot about it.

Nothing. You can put it "on" and play a little AR version of the game from "The Game." It's a 30 second curiosity, which makes it a perfect Easter egg.
    edited September 2019

Honestly I may give it another shot, for lack of anything new to do in the game. Still think scans are terrible in their current state however haha
  • UPDATE: The Headset has been confirmed to be available at Risa (located on the Galaxy Map between Federation and Ferengi space). Use an Immortalized Commander Riker, Ensign Crusher and Ensign Robin Lefler assigned to the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (available on all platforms).

Honestly I may give it another shot, for lack of anything new to do in the game. Still think scans are terrible in their current state however haha

On that we are in 100% agreement.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to give this a try. I got my ship changed but how do I change the bridge crew?
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m going to give this a try. I got my ship changed but how do I change the bridge crew?

You have to go to an episode ship battle. Once the screen comes up to engage the battle, you can change battle stations there.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You have to go to an episode ship battle. Once the screen comes up to engage the battle, you can change battle stations there.

Got it. Thank you my friend!

So it should look like this right?

t35ycyuwaprs.png
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

t35ycyuwaprs.png

Yes
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

t35ycyuwaprs.png

Yes

Thank you much! Now to wait about an hour til my next scan

Popped up on the first try. Thanks guys!! Scans would be way better if there were more things like this out there

gukjzj68qabr.png
    Cool!! Playing it is more fun and exciting than gauntlet, arena....
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Are QoL updates still being worked on, because the original announcement seemed to indicate that was a one week deal "the flashback" then we would see updates.

A live game is a constant "work in progress". And one week is nothing in game development. I will be glad if they take their time and the coming update is good.

Agree 100% on taking time and making it good.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popped up on the first try. Thanks guys!! Scans would be way better if there were more things like this out there

Yeah -- I don't think there's a random chance on this Easter egg. If you use the right crew and ship, it works immediately.

On having more things like this to make scans interesting: I agree completely. Since an Easter egg with its own game might be too complex to add regularly, how about something simpler: schematics for new ships? Then you could repeat the scan in the same place and, over time, level up the new ship.

Here are some suggestions:

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Prometheus
    Frequency: Only claimable once per day
    Location: Pollux IV (Hirogen location in the game since it was scanned by Seven through the Hirogen network)
    Crew: Seven in Blue, Chief Engineer Torres, and Mobile Doctor
    Ship: USS Voyager
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning EMH Mk. 2 (Legendary - MED/ENG/SEC) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B.
    Frequency: Only claimable on Tuesdays
    Planet: Earth (where the "B" was in drydock at the beginning of Generations)
    Crew: Captain Harriman, Demora Sulu
    Ship: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B (the ship would have to be introduced in a skirmish event first)
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Nexus Guinan or Dr. Tolian Soran instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Equinox (which should have the Scout trait)
    Crew: Captain Ransom (CMD/SCI/DIP) and Lieutenant Burke (CMD/ENG/SEC)
    Ship: Nova Class
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Nucleogenic Lifeform (Super Rare - ENG/SEC/SCI) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starships USS Odyssey or USS Yamato
    Crew: Leah Brahms
    Ship: Galaxy Class
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Captain Keogh or Captain Varley (Super Rare - CMD/SEC/DIP) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Phoenix
    Crew: Captain Picard and Transporter Chief O'Brien (Uncommon - ENG/CMD/DIP)
    Ship: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Captain Maxwell (Legendary - CMD/SEC/ENG) instead of schematics

+10^100 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Yes! Plus 1,000!!!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah -- I don't think there's a random chance on this Easter egg. If you use the right crew and ship, it works immediately.

On having more things like this to make scans interesting: I agree completely. Since an Easter egg with its own game might be too complex to add regularly, how about something simpler: schematics for new ships? Then you could repeat the scan in the same place and, over time, level up the new ship.

Here are some suggestions:

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Prometheus
    Location: Pollux IV (Hirogen location in the game since it was scanned by Seven through the Hirogen network)
    Crew: Seven in Blue, Chief Engineer Torres, and Mobile Doctor
    Ship: USS Voyager
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning EMH Mk. 2 (Legendary - MED/ENG/SEC) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B.
    Frequency: Only claimable on Tuesdays
    Planet: Earth (where the "B" was in drydock at the beginning of Generations)
    Crew: Captain Harriman, Demora Sulu
    Ship: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B (the ship would have to be introduced in a skirmish event first)
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Nexus Guinan or Dr. Tolian Soran instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Equinox (which should have the Scout trait)
    Crew: Captain Ransom (CMD/SCI/DIP) and Lieutenant Burke (CMD/ENG/SEC)
    Ship: Nova Class
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Nucleogenic Lifeform (Super Rare - ENG/SEC/SCI) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starships USS Odyssey or USS Yamato
    Crew: Leah Brahms
    Ship: Galaxy Class
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Captain Keogh or Captain Varley (Super Rare - CMD/SEC/DIP) instead of schematics

Prize: 100 Schematics for the new legendary starship USS Phoenix
    Crew: Captain Picard and Transporter Chief O'Brien (Uncommon - ENG/CMD/DIP)
    Ship: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D
    Bonus: 5% chance of winning Captain Maxwell (Legendary - CMD/SEC/ENG) instead of schematics

The headset used to be random on top of everything else. It took months for someone to finally get it. DB later made it easier and removed the random part which is how you can get it now so easily.
    It’s pretty cool to play. I dig it!
    edited September 2019

Yup I got it the first try. They definitely changed how you got the headset from when it was first announced, it was originally a very slim drop chance from Regula(?) that wasn't worth the effort.

Thanks for the tip!
    REMOVE "Rare Reward" episode missions from the list of missions shown in item crafting when they have already been fully exhausted by completing all the rare items.

I consider it fraudulent to indicate "you can get this item from this mission" when the probability is ZERO.

I want all the chrons back I wasted clicking fruitlessly on 24 chron missions with no item results.

Yep it still doing this today
  • yes, a "Free Again" in the portal. I have 241 free 1* pulls right now
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed it remarked upon elsewhere, though maybe it has. Anyway, I've realized that they've added periods to all the Lt ranks. Lt Commander Montgomery Scott is now Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott; Lt Commander Nella Daren is now Lt. Commander Nella Daren; etc. These are crew I seldom look at, so this could have been done ages ago for all I know.
    Anyone remember what the old cool down time was on cadet/arena before they reduced it to three minutes? I'm thinking an hour but surely it wasn't that bad?!

It was originally ten minutes, reduced to three with the 1.9.0 build. Android users got to beta test that one. It was easily one of, and arguably *the*, most significant evolutionary steps of the game:

Honor system
    Crew reenlistment
    Revamped crew quarters layout, added search feature
    Revamped galaxy map
    Revamped Fleet hub, and added to the main screen menu
    Revamped Faction Center hub, making it easier to select a specific faction center to visit
    Made it possible to purchase additional crew slots before reaching max capacity of the ones we had
    Arena and Cadet Challenge cooldown reduced from ten to three minutes