Home The Bridge
Options

Arena

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Banjo These are my 10 Arena from today. Evasion works. My accuracy rate was 97.4%. Enemy's Accuracy was 66.6. Must be Janeway that is bugged. To be fair I do pick on ships that mistakenly use Ardra instead of Mirror Spock or Culber.

mjymplfnpceu.jpg
    50jek18g0z8a.jpg
    pu8sagrm6bbp.jpg
    ik1yv90zsxjc.jpg
    q506ex3iqtp9.jpg
    x6sbo751ip2o.jpg
    wg37ylwpjj1y.jpg
    5nu7yd8wiuqg.jpg
    rsk7xyyqet8m.jpg
    ait9hvgv8a3u.jpg
  • Options
    10 more wins from tonight. My Accuracy 93%
    Enemy Accuracy 70.6%

7ksw4vdi75f2.jpg
    0crg9tvjbtv3.jpg
    xlspen9bqa66.jpg
    ivvbr7llc4ae.jpg
    hd5wpub90d2s.jpg
    x2zk33oyf3jg.jpg
    airm5r9ca6ck.jpg
    8tkvlzcho1bl.jpg
    pivomem6krum.jpg
    jfunh4pycdm0.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m winning much more now with Locutus on board
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

He really helps to "soften" the opponent early on, letting Killy (or the Commandant, or both) more easily deliver that killing blow. I also use Locutus in every Skirmish lineup, to help make it a quicker victory.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

He really helps to "soften" the opponent early on, letting Killy (or the Commandant, or both) more easily deliver that killing blow. I also use Locutus in every Skirmish lineup, to help make it a quicker victory.

I’ll try that as well. I’m sure the results will be quicker victories just like in the arena

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I wasn't sure if I should post this, as I feel it should be common knowledge, but since there is no actual manual for the game – perhaps you can glean some useful info you may not be privy to...

There is a difference between 'passive' and 'active' ship abilities in the arena. There is a difference is how they are triggered. I believe that certain skills in passive mode may not have the same "punch" as if it were activated manually, or maybe just not compatible enough with the Ship's ship abilities.

If you look at the characters Arena skills, You will see the area in a highlighted box if there is a bonus for that Arena skill and sometimes with an icon of the ship ability that triggers it. This is a key component in the Arena, because you may have a crew with a killer ship ability and/or bonus ability, but it may not actually be present or function if you do not combine it with the right SHIP's ship ability.

I tend to use T'Ong mostly, but I occasionally switch to other ships just to see what I can get away with in a battle. For this example, I selected these particular crew for their matching Ship ability. I destroyed a Bounty un under 8 seconds, which didn't even give me time to amplify all the ship abilities with my crew. Hopefully, these pics in order explain what I am trying to convey, without going into too much more detail.

j2jhcw9kpydx.jpg
    2xxfwlkqq9qz.jpg

Sadly, I do not have Admiral Janeway to confirm what her exact ship skills are @Banjo1012 , but I suspect this may be why she is not performing up to task.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Commander Sinclair does this tell you?

3bhaor3o33kf.png
  • Options
    I don't like changing my arena crew, it's already pretty tedious, even at under 2 minutes a day to get dailies. I have run the T'Ong since I immortalized it and staffed it appropriately with Killy, Kes, Ardra and Leland. I changed Ardra out for Survivalist Kirk and lost 4 of every 5 matches. Switched back and won 4 of 5 matches regardless of opponents. I tried the Krayton, but it seemed to be too inconsistent for me. And as has been said, evasion is a myth. If anything, I have found when I run evasion crew I lose more frequently. Perhaps it is evading targeting the opponent, idk.
  • Options

3bhaor3o33kf.png

Good crits, but definitely needs to be combined with another crew or exact ship as she has no active arena bonus skills.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

3bhaor3o33kf.png

Good crits, but definitely needs to be combined with another crew or exact ship as she has no active arena bonus skills.

I am still quite ignorant when it comes to reading the ship stuff. I put her on there because someone said with her one second initial I can counteract someone with Locutus.

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this thread rather that start a new one as this one has some good information some might find useful.

Last month the Arena reward was Captain Proton's Rocket Ship and we are starting to see a lot more of them on the leaderboard as people have undoubtedly completed building theirs up to 10/10...

...for those of you new to the Captain Proton Rocket Ship and are running it with your old Krayton setups of Locutus, Killy/RPC/Garth/Fury Kes/Redjac/etc and are wondering who is hunting you, look no further for it is I! I am grateful to you folks for the easy wins, thank you!

All kidding aside, this is intended to be a friendly message that while the Captain Proton Rocket Ship is great in Arena, it requires a much different crew setup than the Krayton so I would recommend looking into a change if you are running it with your old Krayton setup. If not, thanks again for the free wins!
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    ^ lol i love going after the blimps . theyre guaranteed wins and i target them when climbing back up the rankings in the morning. i only use warship voyager and it also obliterates krayton. the only ones that i have to pay attention to are cloaked ships. i have to wait for cloak and then watch for decloak; cant just auto run those match ups.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Necroing this thread rather that start a new one as this one has some good information some might find useful.

Last month the Arena reward was Captain Proton's Rocket Ship and we are starting to see a lot more of them on the leaderboard as people have undoubtedly completed building theirs up to 10/10...

...for those of you new to the Captain Proton Rocket Ship and are running it with your old Krayton setups of Locutus, Killy/RPC/Garth/Fury Kes/Redjac/etc and are wondering who is hunting you, look no further for it is I! I am grateful to you folks for the easy wins, thank you!

All kidding aside, this is intended to be a friendly message that while the Captain Proton Rocket Ship is great in Arena, it requires a much different crew setup than the Krayton so I would recommend looking into a change if you are running it with your old Krayton setup. If not, thanks again for the free wins!
    I might add, you don't even need it at 10/10. I can reach Top 1 and mine was 8/10 until recently, and is 9/10 now
  • Options
    I have the rocket ship at 10/10, what crew do you recommend for it? 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

You could take a look at @Prime Lorca [10FH] ’s spreadsheet:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16813/spreadsheet-for-crew-ship-abilities
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

You could take a look at @Prime Lorca [10FH] ’s spreadsheet:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16813/spreadsheet-for-crew-ship-abilities

Thanks!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I will meet you partway to help you get started on your journey by pointing out that Governor Worf in the Captain Proton Rocket Ship is basically a cheat code.

-EDIT-

OK, I will leave one final puzzle to solve here. With regard to staffing the Krayton vs Captain Proton's Rocket Ship, remember this wisdom from Captain Dathon...

d2x40kcqheka.jpg
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I just pick my best ship and put my best crew on it and hit auto attack for the daily. I seem to do okay? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zecxumvj90jk.jpeg
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep klicking the button for your dailies.
    xk7hob00epda.jpeg

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, the arena feels like a chore anymore. I have all the older ships maxed, and the newer ones aren’t offering schemes as a reward yet. I switch between the T’ong, Krayton, and Proton Rocket Ship to try and keep some entertainment. I do wish they would do something to make it more interesting…. I’ll be honest, I am not sure what that change would look like? It just feels like something more needs to be done in this area. Then again, I’m sure there are many things the player base would like to see changed. We’ll see .
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, the arena feels like a chore anymore. I have all the older ships maxed, and the newer ones aren’t offering schemes as a reward yet. I switch between the T’ong, Krayton, and Proton Rocket Ship to try and keep some entertainment. I do wish they would do something to make it more interesting…. I’ll be honest, I am not sure what that change would look like? It just feels like something more needs to be done in this area. Then again, I’m sure there are many things the player base would like to see changed. We’ll see .

For me, the answer to "what the change should look like" is easy: let players decide what order skills go off and when. It would dynamically change the way arena is played (when played in automatic and when the ship is in "defense")

It's one of the things I've wanted from this game for forever

At the very least they should allow players to decide at what charge, charge skills go off
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I play with both hands and tap my crews almost all at once as fast as I can. I win almost all the time. But if I slip up and miss a beat, I'm doomed. Lol
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like sharing screenies that include chron count or whatever so I realize this looks like the same screenie I shared earlier, but honestly. I quite literally click auto attack for dailies. I do have the ship maxed out. Maybe that is what is OP here. I did recently max it out.

bw92wlmxf5t8.jpeg
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Hobbs wrote: »

For me, the answer to "what the change should look like" is easy: let players decide what order skills go off and when. It would dynamically change the way arena is played (when played in automatic and when the ship is in "defense")

It's one of the things I've wanted from this game for forever

At the very least they should allow players to decide at what charge, charge skills go off

I do like that idea of being able to set your buttons.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...