Home The Bridge

18 months since last honor hall legendary added

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's beating a dead horse, but 18 months? Come on DB it's time for a new one

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Why exactly do we want a new one?

The last one we got was Captain Bev. definitely not worth it for gauntlet by itself, and for those who spent the honor to get to ff/fe for voyages she has been power creeped.

Not sure why any of us want a repeat of that in a new card for 100k for a 1/5.

You're right, but I'm hoping it takes after Kahless more than it does Bev
  • I definitely don't mind the idea of Honor Hall crew as a general principle. Yes, they're overpriced, but they are always available, and anyone that wants the crew can have it. It just costs Honor. For me to justify it personally, a new crew will have to bring substantial improvement to some part of my lineup, and I find it unlikely that any new crew will.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't have Kahless or Cap'n Bev, because I had suitable alternatives. I think by this point everyone who "wants" them has probably already gotten them.

I guess the only issue is that power creep makes them less relevant and therefore less worth it to a player like me. That being said, I probably wouldn't save up 100k honor for a new one unless it was someone I really wanted.

May I suggest perhaps we include a discount of the existing characters to 50k honor, should a new character be released?
  • Perhaps they are waiting until 'Picard' airs, then give us a nice beasty Honor Hall Picard?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are waiting until 'Picard' airs, then give us a nice beasty Honor Hall Picard?

an Honor Hall Picard, you say...? :#

ST2E-EN07095.jpg

Yes! Or HISlaH!
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Perhaps they are waiting until 'Picard' airs, then give us a nice beasty Honor Hall Picard?

an Honor Hall Picard, you say...? :#

ST2E-EN07095.jpg

Yes! Or HISlaH!

Integrity: 8? Blasphemy.
  • Campaigns have helped considerably with reducing my Honor debt, which makes me more amenable to an Honor Hall 5* than I was before, but it would have to be someone exciting for me to bite. Kahless doesn't do much for me. I probably would have competed for Beverly in an event, or picked her in a Behold, but she just isn't enough of a priority for me to cash in the Honor for her. I'm not sure who would be irresistible for me, though.
    Campaigns have helped considerably with reducing my Honor debt, which makes me more amenable to an Honor Hall 5* than I was before, but it would have to be someone exciting for me to bite. Kahless doesn't do much for me. I probably would have competed for Beverly in an event, or picked her in a Behold, but she just isn't enough of a priority for me to cash in the Honor for her. I'm not sure who would be irresistible for me, though.

Traveler Wesley?

"Shut up Wesley"
    Campaigns have helped considerably with reducing my Honor debt, which makes me more amenable to an Honor Hall 5* than I was before, but it would have to be someone exciting for me to bite. Kahless doesn't do much for me. I probably would have competed for Beverly in an event, or picked her in a Behold, but she just isn't enough of a priority for me to cash in the Honor for her. I'm not sure who would be irresistible for me, though.

Traveler Wesley?

*boots @Yateball from the fleet for back-talking his Admiral*

Traveler Wesley?

Looked like just a friendly suggestion to me!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Traveler Wesley?

Whatever. I'm one of the "awesome"s on Yateball's suggestion. :p
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Traveler Wesley?

Traveler Wesley?

Hey, everyone in my fleet knows what kind of tyrant I am.

In all sincerity, though, Traveler Wesley would be a perfectly suitable choice. I have a pet theory that the young woman whose identity Picard thinks he knows is Wesley's daughter, so he could turn out to be relevant yet. But in any event, Traveler Wesley wouldn't interest me enough to compete for him in an event and certainly not bait me into forking over 100k Honor. You can probably get @eXo | SilverRose to sign your petition, though!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Traveler Wesley?

Traveler Wesley?

In all sincerity, though, Traveler Wesley would be a perfectly suitable choice. I have a pet theory that the young woman whose identity Picard thinks he knows is Wesley's daughter, so he could turn out to be relevant yet. But in any event, Traveler Wesley wouldn't interest me enough to compete for him in an event and certainly not bait me into forking over 100k Honor. You can probably get @eXo | SilverRose to sign your petition, though!

I was like 50% kidding anyway, Wesley takes a heap of crap from people but I'd kinda dig the character..... Anything TNG I'm a sucker for though.... if DB threw a 100k Mr. Homn at me I'd buy before he could bang his chime
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Traveler Wesley?

Traveler Wesley?

I was like 50% kidding anyway, Wesley takes a heap of crap from people but I'd kinda dig the character..... Anything TNG I'm a sucker for though.... if DB threw a 100k Mr. Homn at me I'd buy before he could bang his chime

I was 25% kidding about booting you from the fleet. :tongue: I've come around on Wesley. Most of the stuff about him that makes me groan is in the first season, but almost everything about that season makes me groan. After that, I felt like they did a better job of writing him as a young man who understood science better than he understood being a young man. That's pretty relatable.

As for Mr. Homn, yeah I might actually splurge for him. I was always disappointed he didn't come with Lwaxana to DS9 in her appearances there. I'd definitely compete in an event for him! SEC, DIP, SCI, I think. SEC because that's what he provided for Lwaxana, DIP because that's how he kept the job, and SCI because you know that dude is the kind of drinker who tours distilleries, judges tasting competitions, and writes scathing rebuttals to Wine Spectator. He doesn't just guzzle the booze.

Also, Mr. Homn should come with a sound clip of his one spoken line: "Thanks for the drinks." But in true Mr. Homn fashion, most of the time, it shouldn't play when you access him in the crew roster or use him in a mission. And "Thanks for the drinks" absolutely has to be the title of his ship ability.

It may not be Trek but I prefer all sound quotes to be this:

7paiqvv2dvhk.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Traveler Wesley?

Traveler Wesley?

I was 25% kidding about booting you from the fleet. :tongue: I've come around on Wesley. Most of the stuff about him that makes me groan is in the first season, but almost everything about that season makes me groan. After that, I felt like they did a better job of writing him as a young man who understood science better than he understood being a young man. That's pretty relatable.

As for Mr. Homn, yeah I might actually splurge for him. I was always disappointed he didn't come with Lwaxana to DS9 in her appearances there. I'd definitely compete in an event for him! SEC, DIP, SCI, I think. SEC because that's what he provided for Lwaxana, DIP because that's how he kept the job, and SCI because you know that dude is the kind of drinker who tours distilleries, judges tasting competitions, and writes scathing rebuttals to Wine Spectator. He doesn't just guzzle the booze.

Also, Mr. Homn should come with a sound clip of his one spoken line: "Thanks for the drinks." But in true Mr. Homn fashion, most of the time, it shouldn't play when you access him in the crew roster or use him in a mission. And "Thanks for the drinks" absolutely has to be the title of his ship ability.

It may not be Trek but I prefer all sound quotes to be this:

7paiqvv2dvhk.jpg

524gjyc89rm8.jpeg

qkh4khqg56yh.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • We need an OP 5* Wesley yesterday. There are so many great choices. Native American Shawl Wesley. Trapped in a Cave Wesley. Smart **tsk tsk** Wesley. Strange But Also Good Wesley. DB Ryan Also Loves Wesley.

Give me anything to sign. I probably won't look first. This may actually in fact work out to your advantage.

Oh, and, DB. When can I buy one of those standees you've got in your offices? Just sayin'. I got a new house and an open corner in the bedroom.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • I’m a TNG fan, so Mr. Homm would be welcomed.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Traveler Wesley?

Traveler Wesley?

Wesley has about 2 good episodes, and perhaps the worst episode of all, his last one (Masks is pretty horrid though).

Feel free to kick Yateball, we don't need more Wesley love, Niven is plenty.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about

Doctor Sara Kingsley - SCI/MED/CMD - Traits: Geneticist, Physician, Federation, Starfleet, Human

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sara_Kingsley
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    How about

Doctor Sara Kingsley - SCI/MED/CMD - Traits: Geneticist, Physician, Federation, Starfleet, Human

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sara_Kingsley

I just realized something. Wasn't that kind of thing in violation of the Eugenics Ban? Making the "Superbabies"?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."