Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Stream of Lives - 09/19

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Craft's greatest value (compared to his other stats) is in the Arena with a strong evasion at only 4 seconds.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Looks like Craft's greatest value (compared to his other stats) is in the Arena with a strong evasion at only 4 seconds.

With 10 sec duration and relatively quick cooldown. That and Disco eligibility are his two lifelines, if you're looking for them. If next week turns out to be a Skirmish, he would at least be usable event crew.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Craft isn't the superstar I was hoping for, but a top 10 Command base (at least for this week) and just outside of the top 50 Voyagers means I can probably still justify going for him to myself. Plus he's fine AF.

By my count he's Voyage #82, FYI.

Craft isn't great, but for those without an army of fused golds, Kirk is the top voyage score purple now.

I dont think you get Craft for his stats although they are good. I think you get him if you like Discovery as he will likely have a big role in season 3. Or get him cause his outfit is cool and shiny.

vxuwalli15g2.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Could be worse, the 5* could be this....

bmbocqumss7a.jpg

Although I would prolly still go after it :smiley:

YES PLEASE!! DICOWAY !!!

Na, let's skip the 'dreamed-up' plenty of better actual canon Star Trek crew to make.
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice (and become mildly annoyed by the fact) that there are no seats in any faction or seat level for command and science? It kind of depreciates the value of my new Orion girl.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice (and become mildly annoyed by the fact) that there are no seats in any faction or seat level for command and science? It kind of depreciates the value of my new Orion girl.

I did notice there are no Shuttle Boost Ten Pulls in the Threshold, as there usually are......

Haven't really looked at the seats, just been filling them.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Yeah not a single optimized shuttle seat for the event legend seems like bad planning. I can't even find a good seat for the xindi prisoner, I thought he'd be a useful uncommon skill combo sci/eng but he's doing nothing.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all, I'm just happy that the factions FINALLY have different seats. Welcome back Strategy, my old friend. I'll be running Dominion this week.

It sounds a bit shameful that not a single seat (especially on a 3-seat mission) does not use the new Orion girl's primary AND secondary skills. I don't have her, so I'm not as salty as those who do. Before we sharpen the pitchforks, did you check all the factions since they ARE (finally) different this week?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all, I'm just happy that the factions FINALLY have different seats. Welcome back Strategy, my old friend. I'll be running Dominion this week.

It sounds a bit shameful that not a single seat (especially on a 3-seat mission) does not use the new Orion girl's primary AND secondary skills. I don't have her, so I'm not as salty as those who do. Before we sharpen the pitchforks, did you check all the factions since they ARE (finally) different this week?

I didn’t see a single COM/SCI seat during the kickstart. Plenty of SCI-only and ENG-only seats, with at least one or two ENG-SCI and ENG-COM seats mixed in for flavor. If you don’t have Navaar, as I do not, I strongly recommend going back in time and getting Grathon Tolar, Prisoner O’Brien, and Survivalist Kirk if you don’t have them already.

There are also multiple MED seats, so having both Cornwell and Captive Bashir is recommended. I wonder if DB didn’t go ahead and design one seat for each and every Kirk and Prisoner in the game...
  • Options
    cheesecake seven is also pretty fantastic if you run 4 seaters
  • Options
    cheesecake seven is also pretty fantastic if you run 4 seaters

One of my fleet mates makes a document with all the missions. There are indeed no missions that are CMD/SCI.

But Cheesecake Seven has a MED/SCI on a 3-seat Dominion shuttle. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah not a single optimized shuttle seat for the event legend seems like bad planning. I can't even find a good seat for the xindi prisoner, I thought he'd be a useful uncommon skill combo sci/eng but he's doing nothing.

That Archer variant does not have the Prisoner trait. Try the Tholian Prisoner (no quotation marks) instead, or maybe Grathon Tolar. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Archer variant does not have the Prisoner trait. Try the Tholian Prisoner (no quotation marks) instead, or maybe Grathon Tolar. 🖖

Yeah the Tholian is sitting on those seats for me. 6 or 8 legs and all

• Options
    There are also a few MED+CMD seats. Is there a single prisoner or Kirk with those two skills as primary and secondary?
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also a few MED+CMD seats. Is there a single prisoner or Kirk with those two skills as primary and secondary?

None
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options

Prisoner Cornwell or Temporal Prisoner Chakotay? I don't have either of them, but those are my only guesses.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Prisoner Cornwell or Temporal Prisoner Chakotay? I don't have either of them, but those are my only guesses.

They are MED/SEC
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    edited September 2019

I have Prisoner Cornwell (MED/DIP/SEC) and Captive Bashir (MED/SEC/DIP). I don't have Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, but I believe his skills are SEC/ENG/MED.

I wonder if someone messed up and the MED/CMD seats were supposed to be the CMD/SCI seats.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Another proof DB puts not enough time and thoughts into shuttle missions and seats. Not having a single CMD/SCI seat that perfectly fits the event legendary(Skill1 and Skill2) is just sad. :|

EDiT

But we have plenty seats with CMD/SEC or SEC/CMD that perfectly fits „Returning Craft“. Is DB aware that the ranked legendary reward gets
    no bonus in the current event(not that anyone can have him yet, except from dabo)?Sigh.... :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another proof DB puts not enough time and thoughts into shuttle missions and seats. Not having a single CMD/SCI seat that perfectly fits the event legendary(Skill1 and Skill2) is just sad. :|

EDiT

But we have plenty seats with CMD/SEC or SEC/CMD that perfectly fits „Returning Craft“. Is DB aware that the ranked legendary reward gets
    no bonus in the current event(not that anyone can have him yet, except from dabo)?Sigh.... :s

You would think this was part of the idea of having the legendary being bonus crew for the next event

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

EDiT

You would think this was part of the idea of having the legendary being bonus crew for the next event

Given the number of Kirks and Prisoners (edit: and Ikat’ika) with those two as primary/secondary skills, I think it is immensely silly to blame it on Craft’s skill layout:

Mirror Kirk
    Wrathful Kirk
    Incognito Kirk
    Evil Kirk
    Nexus Kirk
    Platonian Kirk
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Cardassian Kira
    Prison Break Lorca
    Rura Penthe Reed

That list doesn’t count crew that have those skills but one of them is a tertiary (Gangster Kirk, Roman Kirk, Taresian Kim, Quinn, Roga Danar, Kal-if-fee Kirk, and Romulan Kirk), crew missing one but having the other be pretty useful (such as Rura Penthe Kirk, Gladiator Spock, TP Chakotay, and Klingon Torres) or any 5* Prisoners I don’t have.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I don't have Navaar, but if I did, I would be a more-than-a-tad disappointed that her skill pair is not represented.

If you have Cornwell and/or Captive Bashir, the MED-COM seat isn't a huge issue - one of those crew will fill it adequately with just their MED score.

Other than those things, the seats seem ok to me. Kirk variants are heavily CMD/SEC/DIP oriented, and Ikat'ika is CMD/SEC. I've managed to avoid using my MED or SCI crew so far, but they're available if/when I decide to send some rentals.

EDIT
    Worth noting that Cornwall's DIP score makes her a DIP/SEC seat candidate too.
  • Options
    I don't have Navaar, but if I did, I would be a more-than-a-tad disappointed that her skill pair is not represented.

If you have Cornwell and/or Captive Bashir, the MED-COM seat isn't a huge issue - one of those crew will fill it adequately with just their MED score.

Other than those things, the seats seem ok to me. Kirk variants are heavily CMD/SEC/DIP oriented, and Ikat'ika is CMD/SEC. I've managed to avoid using my MED or SCI crew so far, but they're available if/when I decide to send some rentals.

EDIT
    Worth noting that Cornwall's DIP score makes her a DIP/SEC seat candidate too.

To put things in perspective: 1 star FE Navaar in a CMD+DIP mission provides me 54%. Imm Cornwell in a MED mission gives me 46%. Relatively easy to get those missions over 90% success.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    <snip> ~Shan
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holograms and duplicating machines though, that could be handy next time 'hologram' is an event trait. Going to need some more crew slots for my 30 Mobile Doctors though...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Sorry for stealing everyone’s luck.

up909ek4cyx1.png

Nice one Cam. I do not have that Seven. So jelly. Shame she did not have a song quote.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The seating on these shuttle missions is terrible.

Have fun folks, one less person chasing 1500 here.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Sorry for stealing everyone’s luck.

up909ek4cyx1.png

Nice one Cam. I do not have that Seven. So jelly. Shame she did not have a song quote.

What made it extra nice was that it was the fifth star for both Seven and Dukat.