Home The Bridge

Please give us Discovery Janeway!!

Cant rememember which thread I saw it in recently but I thought I would start a new thread for the topic itself.

Basically...we really do need a Discovery era Janeway in this game!!!

Story wise it can fit in- as the current Admiral Janeway looking for Discovery plot proves...plus we have a whole load of Voyager / Janeway time travel sagas from the tv show it could fit in to to make it happen ( Braxton sends Janeway back...Annorax mis calculates, Q wants to test her skills...etc etc)

Clearly its a timelines original card, and for this we already have precidents in COP Founder Picard and 23rd Century Martok in the portal already.

So Please, pretty please DB....can we have a Discovery Janeway???

a2aorcb6jxv3.jpg

bpgqt2coit60.jpg

Comments

• Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I don't know how serious you are about this, but since Disco-Janeway has been an ongoing joke for a couple of years now, mainly coming from players who can't stand DSC and/or Janeway's character, I would love it :D I mean, it would give them an actual reason to complain, but it would also be a funny nod to the forum community :#

I'm deadly serious on this.... for both of the very reasons you list in your post. Along with the joke on this forum of "ANOTHER Janeway card / event!?" ;)
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna go all out and make it even more imaginary? Make her a skilled diplomat. Ha!
    edited September 2019
    Do we have a Janeway with a diplomacy primary skill? If not she should get it. Maybe with command and medical....because....well...why not. Maybe she's there to "heal" the mycelial network after a possible borg or 8472 attack on it...or even better a KAZON attack!!
  • No thanks. We already have enough garbage from that failed show called STD.
  • Discovery show opinions aside though.....

Its Discovery Janeway!!!

Its better than the much nagged for Cheesecake Seven!!
    edited September 2019
    No thanks. We already have enough garbage from that failed show called STD.

If you are going to be negative at least be original.

Innit. Every franchise has an element that may not like a certain aspect....with reasons personal to them of course. There are loads who dislike DS9, VOY, ENT and DISCO and im betting many will not like what Picard is and Lower Decks when they arrive too.

Other franchises have devisive elements...Star Wars has The Last Jedi and Phantom Menace...Red Dwarf has series viii...there are many more I could list.

Thats why we NEED Discovery Janeway....its a joke we can all appreciate!!!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to be negative at least be original.

And also: Huh?? Were this to happen, it would be a character from Voyager, but just wearing a Discovery uniform. I'm trying to fathom how one's hatred of a series can extend to the fabric that the characters wear.

0MVPmuq.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously folks, before this happens, we need Stripy Shirt Janeway. 😉

I am a fan of Chef Janeway. Shame she had so many responsibilities being Captain or she would have given Neelix a run for his money.

eocjgfmgfkvy.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can have Chef Riker we can have Chef Janeway!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

You mean the show whose performance justified the announcement of (to date) four new TV shows in the franchise?

Man, I need to start failing as badly as Discovery.

One man's' garbage another man's' treasure
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Do we have a Janeway with a diplomacy primary skill? If not she should get it. Maybe with command and medical....because....well...why not. Maybe she's there to "heal" the mycelial network after a possible borg or 8472 attack on it...or even better a KAZON attack!!

Evolved Janeway has DIP as her?.. its primary skill, but I do not think your question encompassed fusion cards, so that leaves Agent Janeway. 🖖

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Agent_Janeway

EDIT: I forgot about Arachnia. :: facepalms ::
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Just no...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feels like a troll post intentionally going after people who dislike Discovery and/or the over repetition of the same character in events. This feels very liberal tears-like. People who just like to make others mad. I would hope that those who like Discovery for it's progressiveness would be above this sort of thing.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    This feels like a troll post intentionally going after people who dislike Discovery and/or the over repetition of the same character in events. This feels very liberal tears-like. People who just like to make others mad. I would hope that those who like Discovery for it's progressiveness would be above this sort of thing.

Not so much interested in the progressiveness. I like it because it’s filmed more like a movie than a TV show

• I like it because it's Star Trek.
    edited September 2019
    No, this is honestly not a troll post.

I like Discovery and its the only reason i signed up for netflix to be honest. (Although for the record 1x24 episode season as in tng, ds9, and voy gives far more chance for character deveopmemt than 1x14 ep season like Disco has) I like Voyager too as it goes.

But when I saw the Janeway in a Disco uniform on a previous thread it made me laugh so much. And being how in this game Janeway has a habit if popping up in places you would not normally expect it seemed like a brilliant idea!!

I like Discovery and its the only reason i signed up for netflix to be honest. (Although for the record 1x26 episode season as in tng, ds9, and voy gives far more chance for character deveopmemt than 1x14 ep season like Disco has) I like Voyager too as it goes.

But when I saw the Janeway in a Disco uniform on a previous thread it made me laugh so much. And being how in this game Janeway has a habit if popping up in places you would not normally expect it seemed lije a brilluany idea!!

Ya know Enterprise is on Netflix too

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

I like Discovery and its the only reason i signed up for netflix to be honest. (Although for the record 1x26 episode season as in tng, ds9, and voy gives far more chance for character deveopmemt than 1x14 ep season like Disco has) I like Voyager too as it goes.

But when I saw the Janeway in a Disco uniform on a previous thread it made me laugh so much. And being how in this game Janeway has a habit if popping up in places you would not normally expect it seemed lije a brilluany idea!!

Heck yes...Enterprise too!! I actually owned the full first season in that on VHS :D thank gosh for dvd!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Heck yes...Enterprise too!! I actually owned the full first season in that on VHS :D thank gosh for dvd!

I remember when it was $150 for the set. Now it’s $10 a month. Which I guess after 15 months it’s $150

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I like it because it's Star Trek.

And all Star Trek is progressive. Gene Rodenberry made it so.

To be fair to Discovery it has gone a lot further more explicitly than any previous Star Trek. I consider this it's greatest strength. For many years Star Trek was a little uncomfortable with progressiveness, with plenty of issues in all of the previous series regarding depiction of women and minorities despite the nice words it would say from time to time.

It's not just TOS, TNG dreadfully underserved it's female cast members and had an openly racist episode. Enterprise and Voyager potentially went even further against the trend by having explicitly sexualised cast members. Basically Star Trek hasn't always been as progressive as it could have been even by the standards of the time. Discovery to its credit cannot have the same charge levelled against it.

Now if only they could have married good ideas to good writing.... Still, I live in hope.

I think that is such a sad indictment on society that Discovery is seen as very progressive. Why is it very progressive to be inclusive and to say hate and racism are bad? Why is following The Golden Rule seen as being very progressive and not just as common decency?

Compared to most of human history, it is progressive. Perhaps the word “aspirational” would be more apt to describe all of Star Trek. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Aside from the respective merits of each series and the franchise...

Discovery Janeway is needed as a cheeky wink with a smile to us who play the game