Home Engineering Room
Options

7.2.0 Android reports

SystemSystem admin
edited September 2019 in Engineering Room
This discussion was created from comments split from: UI Issues still present in v6.0.0.

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scaling in 7.2 on android is terrible.

this is the crew dismissal, on a portal result screen, on a standard redmi note 6 (fleet mate's phone)

9jska3fqxi3m.png

Might want to rethink 7.2 and go back to the drawing board here. the community feedback thus far has been negative
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    /SSR/ Tichy/SSR/ Tichy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Here's another one from the Redmi Note 6 (Android):
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-16-33-08-349_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png

and one from a Redmi Note 4 (Android):
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-16-34-08-278_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png

The picture isn't scaled to the screen height, if there's more traits and description it just goes over the borders. With enough traits+description the dismiss button will disappear.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I am creating this dedicated thread for all of your reports regarding the 7.2.0 update on Android.

For each report that you make please provide the type of device, os version and any other detail that might be relevant, thank you!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Google Pixel XL
    Android 9.0

Chapel has 1 skill, no descriptor, and 4 traits. positions higher than other characters on time portal detail screen

057d72lghy2z.png

• Options
    Google Pixel XL
    Android 9.0

Crusher ends up getting pushed down further. screen edges exceed top/bottom limits. Full crew body gets pushed downward

ahjm5f40ejdx.png

• Options
    /SSR/ Tichy/SSR/ Tichy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Redmi Note 4, Android, also on other Android phone:

All buttons except daily missions and galaxy map stay lit when you visit them:
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-17-16-13-930_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png

Going to the Galaxy Map or Daily Missions and coming back sets the buttons to their unlit status:
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-17-16-25-459_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png
  • Options
    Old but this is just not how the Skills should be aligned (I think before the update everything was fine)
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-17-24-00-154_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png
  • Options
    Last but not least - on Android. The OK button in the crew search is very narrow now, you need small fingers for not hitting the (not visible) phone control to the right or just hitting the text box
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-17-36-06-974_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Crew are looking too big for the screen on mine..

Moto z3
    Android version 9

q539hwkxgaxn.png

bou4ho5zicdr.png

a5s81qrshdmw.png
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Crew card in event (Redmi Note 6, Android)
    Screenshot_2019-09-25-18-03-24-317_com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines.png
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Also important are the performance issues. Building characters and equipping their items is slower, opening and closing of menus is slower, and even sending shuttles out is slower. I'm using the android flagship phone as well the GalaxyS10+. I've reverted back to the older version 7.1.1 until the new version isn't so clumsy and janky. I would tend to agree with Mr. Barkley, back to the drawing board.
  • Options

I just noticed that pike isn't that chopped off (still missing his hair) on my note 4 - so probably the resolution is the culprit here.
    Note 6 1080x2220
    Note 4 1080x1920
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that pike isn't that chopped off (still missing his hair) on my note 4 - so probably the resolution is the culprit here.
    Note 6 1080x2220
    Note 4 1080x1920

I have identical problems on my note 8
    uq1xn34n0kta.jpg
  • Options
    Also important are the performance issues. Building characters and equipping their items is slower, opening and closing of menus is slower, and even sending shuttles out is slower. I'm using the android flagship phone as well the GalaxyS10+. I've reverted back to the older version 7.1.1 until the new version isn't so clumsy and janky. I would tend to agree with Mr. Barkley, back to the drawing board.

Performance is my main issue. Much more game lag in every aspect of the game and very little runs smoothly. I lost a couple of arena battles while the game lagged and I couldn't engage actions in time. Even my ads are freezing (had to watch 6 different ads to get my Dabo reward). I am also having a few issues with scaling (such as the alignment in the crew list). I am on Android. 8.1.0.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    - scaling as noted above.

- lag in rewards showing up ... I had a 4* behold and a version of O'Brien was one of the choices ... I had to wait almost until my phone went to sleep for the full picture (ended up being Undercover) to be displayed so I could see which O'Brien it was (but I did see I had him 4/4).
    - guantlet box opened showing mt a 2* component, but I never saw the item before the screen switched to the rankings.
    - it takes very long to see the reward screen when I finalise a shuttle mission.
    - everything just feels sluggish in loading, displaying etc.
    - it just almost took me 2 minutes to open and crew 4 shuttles ... that's done in less than a minute normally).
  • Options
    Game seems slower especially when loading images.
    And Assimilated Voyager seems to miss some textures. ;-)

Android 9
    Google Pixel

ny6tclfmd980.png
  • Options
    Echoing performance issues. Google Pixel 2
  • Options
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Crew are looking too big for the screen on mine..

Moto z3
    Android version 9

q539hwkxgaxn.png

bou4ho5zicdr.png

a5s81qrshdmw.png

I'm having these same issues on a Motorola, and also now my game will not load on my phone. It's just stuck at the DisruptorBeam screen at the start and won't advance (it's stuck on the same DB screen for 5+ minutes). I can log in to the game on Windows, but not on my Android phone.
  • Options
    ei46dpjensru.jpg

Good one.
    Also, is there a way to rollback on android?
  • Options
    This really looks bad. I disabled auto app updates in my settings, so at least it buys me some time until the forced the update(probably nxt week tuesday).

I hope they pull it and go back to the previous version though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every big update is such a train wreck... Performance on my note 8 is basically unusable
  • Options
    Google Pixel XL
    Android 9.0

Chapel has 1 skill, no descriptor, and 4 traits. positions higher than other characters on time portal detail screen

057d72lghy2z.png

I haven't done the update yet - saw issues about accounts in my fleet's discord - but I want to say this particular pic actually looks pretty cool.
  • Options
    Oneplus 7 Pro with Android 9, scaling problem and the hole game became slow
    4b0woddyaldc.jpg
  • Options
    Hopefully they release something new and cool with this update. We will find out with the forced update next week.
  • Options
    dr. Lobes wrote: »
    Oneplus 7 Pro with Android 9, scaling problem and the hole game became slow
    4b0woddyaldc.jpg

Same scaling and slowness issues. Samsung A50 with Android 9
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    So I'm not sure why, but the new engine was an upgrade in every fashion for my galaxy s7 my alt plays on, and a complete downgrade for my s10+.

Upgrade for Galaxy s7, Android Version 8

Downgrade for Galaxy s10+, Android Version 9.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they release something new and cool with this update. We will find out with the forced update next week.

I cannot find any recent communication from DB regarding a forced update next week. Can you point me to the relevant thread or post, please? Thank you in advance. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No date has been set for a forced upgrade.
    Our engineers are working hard on this, thank you for your patience!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a Galaxy 7 with Android 8.0 and, in addition to everything else noted above, has anyone else noticed the planet behind your ship goes to a weird color when you have just about any screen open?

Example: Earth normally

Screenshot-20190926-125709-Star-Trek.jpg

versus Earth suddenly turning pink-white when i open the portal (or gauntlet or crew or just about anything else)

Screenshot-20190926-125646-Star-Trek.jpg

?
  • Options
    The performance is terrible on the Android 7.2.0 client. I'm on an Galaxy S8+, which isn't super modern but it performed OK on 7.1.0. Now everything is super janky and slow. My buddy has a new Note 10+ and he is also reporting performance issues, so I assume this isn't related to my hardware solely. Given how poor the performance is, I'm not sure how this build made it through quality control and out into the wild...