Home Engineering Room
Options

7.2.0 Android reports

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully they release something new and cool with this update. We will find out with the forced update next week.

I cannot find any recent communication from DB regarding a forced update next week. Can you point me to the relevant thread or post, please? Thank you in advance. 🖖

I was just replying to Zombad Squirrel further up the thread but didn't quote him. They usually force upgrade at some point so it's good that Shan told us it isn't imminent so players can hold back from upgrading until it gets tweaked.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they release something new and cool with this update. We will find out with the forced update next week.

I cannot find any recent communication from DB regarding a forced update next week. Can you point me to the relevant thread or post, please? Thank you in advance. 🖖

I was just replying to Zombad Squirrel further up the thread but didn't quote him. They usually force upgrade at some point so it's good that Shan told us it isn't imminent so players can hold back from upgrading until it gets tweaked.

Indeed. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    6559rvnuhris.jpg
    Galaxy s9 with Android 9 pie issue with box appearing and continues to grow every battle in skirmishes. When I reboot, it goes away and then reappears and starts growing once again. 3vlniq1o3e8y.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are trying something for the majority of performances issues that have been reported.
    If you are currently playing please restart the game.

Let us know if you are seeing improvements, thank you! :)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are trying something for the majority of performances issues that have been reported.
    If you are currently playing please restart the game.

Let us know if you are seeing improvements, thank you! :)

I've restarted the game but there doesn't seem to be any noticeable performance improvements for me.
  • Options
    I'm on a Galaxy J7 Perx. At almost 930pm CST on Friday, 09/27/2019, I booted up my game after not playing for about 1.5 hours to play more of this week's Skirmish event, only to find the game forced me back to the very very beginning, as if I'd never played before.
  • Options
    After the latest release, if there are crew that are in the overflow slots (i.e., you don't have enough crew slots and they will expire in x days if I don't make room), these inactive crew can be selected for away team missions!

To do so, select a mission and then search for crew with a trait that an overflow crew has. They'll show up at the very bottom of the list.

However, you can't activate the mission, it just shows an error message.

PLATFORM: Android 9.0
    DEVICE NAME: LG G6
    DEVICE MODEL: LGE VS988
    CLIENT VERSION: 7.2.0
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Imagine if all the boxes did that. Event Over!

s67tji17j0fx.png
  • Options
    Performance on the new client is atrocious and is by far the biggest issue I have with it. On 7.1.1 I went from a Note 8 to a Note 10+ and the difference in frame rates was glorious in every aspect of the game, but most notably the Arena where frame rates were always most notable. When I "upgraded" to 7.2.0, the frame rates went back to a level that is either no better than or actually worse than what they were on the Note 8.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?!'" - Chris Knight

Moderator of r/startrektimelines
    Fleet - Inner Planets Alliance Fleet of Pubs
    Captain Level - 99
    Player since - May 2016
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dryvetyme wrote: »
    I'm on a Galaxy J7 Perx. At almost 930pm CST on Friday, 09/27/2019, I booted up my game after not playing for about 1.5 hours to play more of this week's Skirmish event, only to find the game forced me back to the very very beginning, as if I'd never played before.

I am sorry this happened, if your account is registered you should be able to go to Menu->Settings and log back in. This article should help: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/227028527-My-game-was-reset-What-should-I-do-
  • Options
    Updated the app 5 minutes ago. Still waiting for the game to load. The progress bar takes forever to move up. And yes it does move up, the app isn't frozen.
    Huawei p9lite.

I stopped paying serious attention, but are there more progressbars?

Edit 1:
    +1 on the performance issues.

Edit 2: Performance seems better after having done an adwarp.
    Galaxymap isn't showing any location names. To location globes are there, but no name for it.

Edit 3: After the update i got asked which google play games account i wanted to use. Strange as i only have 1 and why would it have changed after updating?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Extreme visual lag, low framerates and the scans dont count towards daily missions. Also when going to crew and scrolling down to end of characters (bottom) have no pictures after about 30 seconds they have whilst it was instantly before. SO i checked my dailies again and nothing registers for dailies except levelup character equip and train. So no away mission, space mission, faction mission, cadet challenge, arena battles, voyage dilemma and purchase crew boost packs

Edit 2: it works on steam client but too late to complete stuff now :(
  • Options
    The update that was pushed to me today seems to have vastly improved the performance on my Galaxy S8+. So far much happier with this latest release :smile:
  • Options
    Agreed. Performance is much improved here. Also Galaxy S8
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Thank you so much for letting us know :)
  • Options
    it is better, but not previous client good.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    just wanted to say after update today the app runs sooooooooo butter smooth lol probably smooothest ever; sending shuttles goes faster then i remember aswell
    edit playing on snappie 835 4gb lpddr4 its really really snappie now lol
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to say after update today the app runs sooooooooo butter smooth lol probably smooothest ever; sending shuttles goes faster then i remember aswell
    edit playing on snappie 835 4gb lpddr4 its really really snappie now lol

haha, that is awesome to hear :)
  • Options
    It still hangs on "Priming spore drive" for me. Is there anything I can do to solve this?? Do you need logfiles?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still hangs on "Priming spore drive" for me. Is there anything I can do to solve this?? Do you need logfiles?

You can add them to a ticket, yes. It might be helpful.
    Provide information on your device as well.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Shan the rereleased 7.2 is fantastic. Performance issues and FPS issues are much improved. There are still some issues with some of the sizing but engine performance is great.

Galaxy s10+ Android 9
    Galaxy s7 Android 8
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan the rereleased 7.2 is fantastic. Performance issues and FPS issues are much improved. There are still some issues with some of the sizing but engine performance is great.

Galaxy s10+ Android 9
    Galaxy s7 Android 8

Woot! Thank you for letting us know :)
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This is the kind of stuff that is also irking with me on a daily basis, with the 7.2 skills display

pnkqe31mjglk.png

7.1 vs 7.2

why the ordering and alignment (less problematic) changes?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    this also messes me up like crazy

mmbj1dzw2rrv.png

As someone who thought there was an AND slot issue very early on and as someone who STILL orders them as the skills on a shuttle show up, reversing the skills is really screwing with my mind

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I did what I should have done in the first place: wipe all appdata and start the game. That worked well. It seems my blocking of Unity ads on the file system level was not well received by the new client.

After I come to the part where the client asks for my email and password it hangs after I click OK, but when I restart the client then it works as it should.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    The planet names no longer show up on the galaxy map on my tablet (Samsung galaxy tab A 2016, running Android 8.1 ).

qxtmlkrnen89.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    The planet names no longer show up on the galaxy map on my tablet (Samsung galaxy tab A 2016, running Android 8.1 ).

qxtmlkrnen89.jpg

This issue is still being worked on :(
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

mmbj1dzw2rrv.png

As someone who thought there was an AND slot issue very early on and as someone who STILL orders them as the skills on a shuttle show up, reversing the skills is really screwing with my mind

Just did the iOS 7.2 update and this(incl. the other skill sorting out of line stuff) bugs me the most as well. Makes it horrible to seat shuttles. :/
    ca3q9le02dya.png
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

mmbj1dzw2rrv.png

Just did the iOS 7.2 update and this(incl. the other skill sorting out of line stuff) bugs me the most as well. Makes it horrible to seat shuttles. :/
    ca3q9le02dya.png

Same here. I could understand if the shuttle crew list was in either the left-to-right skill order (CMD/DIP/ENG/SEC/MED/SCI) or in the primary/secondary/tertiary order ...

t14cw8ogp01r.jpeg

... but this ordering makes no sense to me ...

zzvepce3mx73.jpeg

... unless the updated game engine is now applying RNG to the skills display. 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Should the post header be changed since the issues are not limited to Android but affect iOS as well? I just had the update on my phone and now realize the same problems are happening with Apple devices.