Home The Bridge
Options

RIP Battle Arena

This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Fitting that on the day of the dead and without warning, the rewards are nerfed to the battle arena. Essentially a 3 star ship is an award in both captain (hirogen is terrible) and cmd? Possibly the weakest 5 star ship is now in admiral? Why?
4rlkyksvkk8a.png

Alot of people have been playing and close to maxing either the Borg or klingon ships. Since they do not drop in Dabo or packs this hurts. No way to get them.

Comments

• Options
    What a pile of crap! Thanks DB
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a bug and they'll fix it soon!
  • Options
    They want us to all get ALMOST max level and then switch the rewards. Probably hoping that people will buy schematic packs to finish the ships. Never gonna happen.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral division crew or ship has been nerfed too I could sit in the 100-300 range for 24hrs with cube locutus, mirror Spock, regent Worf and crell moset now in constantly battling to stay within the top 3000 only over the past 4-5 days making almost impossible to maintain 3 divisions without buying tickets. Now the rewards have changed I've little incentive to do so
  • Options
    I have been maintaining top 1000 in all 3 categories since you changed the table to be the nx class, Borg sphere, and battle crusier. None of them are finished. I needed 14 more days of being top 1% to finish the battle crusier Then you pull this, with out telling us DB!!! Come on!!! COMMUNICATE!!!! And these are terrible rewards, what were you thinking DB??? And when are you going to add these newer ships to the loot tables? Because that is also long over due for many of them.
  • Options
    Hey DB.... who that thought this was a good idea? Fire them. They fail.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    it stinks. :(
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    AsspinAsspin ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Perhaps a weekly or monthly rotation of the rewards would keep the arena more active?

Also I must agree, the D'Kora Krayton was the first 5* ship I built thanks to Dabo. If we are going to give it in the arena, the ships that were just removed from the arena rewards should drop in Dabo.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Asspin wrote: »
    Perhaps a weekly or monthly rotation of the rewards would keep the arena more active?

Also I must agree, the D'Kora Krayton was the first 5* ship I built thanks to Dabo. If we are going to give it in the arena, the ships that were just removed from the arena rewards should drop in Dabo.

Perhaps actually announcing changes when they are made would clear up a lot of the angst.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd also like to beat them with nerf bats 'til they understand the importance of communicating WTH they are doing on or before doing it.

Epic
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more upset since there isn't a way to earn Borg or the Klingon ship. Not in Dabo or packs. I have seen an offer popping with some Borg schematics but it's rare. Takes the fun out of it because the last revamp was the first time the arena was sorta worth it; to earn a new unique ship. The nx01 still can't be earned in any way either.

Although I spent way too much in my failed attempt to get Bell yesterday, I won't do the one or two pulls to get the final star for Ruk today. Small protest but makes me feel good.
  • Options
    I've gotten 1% rewards for Admiral division EVERY DAY since they switched and my ship is 9/10. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you get the top rewards EVERY DAY you should not be left with an unfinished ship.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess lvl up ur ferengi ship if not already which helps with voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yeah these changes are donkey balls!! I have the ferengi ship maxed as well so I can forget the top arena for a while
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Booo! I was so happy the T'Ong was the Admiral ship. The K'tinga is my favorite and I was enjoying leveling it.
  • Options
    Not thrilled as well. :|
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Asspin wrote: »

Perhaps actually announcing changes when they are made would clear up a lot of the angst.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd also like to beat them with nerf bats 'til they understand the importance of communicating WTH they are doing on or before doing it.

Just like in every relationship, lack of communication is the downfall. I agree a communication in game would have been great or a countdown timer in the arena if they are going to change regularly.
  • Options
    Yeah that’s bogus... thank you for that DB.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    It would have been so easy to handle this really well. They could have timed it so the constant 1% group (who are all spenders anyway) could get a complete ship, and sometime in advance of that day sent out an in-game message that said "Changes coming to the arena, make sure to get your ships while you can!"

And then, once the changes came, offered a "Complete Your Ship" special offer.

I really don't get the thought process behind the management of this game sometimes.
  • Options
    No incentive now to play the Arena except to hit the daily target of 5. Really wanted to max the Borg sphere and T'Ong...those have already done so have an advantage over the rest of us in perpetuity now. My maxed Romulan Warbird is no match for the sphere.
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Any word if the previous rewards are going to be added to the normal pulls and to Dabo? I always receive the Prakesh or ISS schematics which were the first ships I maxed. I get it if newer ships like the Shenzou or Discovery take some time before getting put into normal rotation, but the NX-01/class and Hirogen have been out for months...
  • Options
    shocker, dabo awarded: 450 d'kora crayton schematics >.<
    Didn't get schematics in weeks, finally got some, ship allready maxed...
  • Options
    Yeah I thought the sphere was a reward to balance the arena back out after making an overpowered ship. I guess I was wrong. No more balance for us in the near future.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the patch that just went live the arena rewards have changed with no notice. Are these the correct rewards, if so, why weren't we notified this was going to happen? if not, is this just a visual bug or are we actually going to get these ships now?

Also, why use the 5* Ferengi ship instead of one of the other newer 5* ships (such as the NX-01)?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 1% rewards for Admiral division EVERY DAY since they switched and my ship is 9/10. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you get the top rewards EVERY DAY you should not be left with an unfinished ship.

Same here, just hit 9/10 this morning. Now nearly 1800 schematics to finish at, what, 35 a day?

Maybe by the end of the year. :/
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    rewards are worse than ever in arena. They were never anything more than replicator fodder but now they're just insulting. Why bother to do arena at all? its like they want us not to play aspects of their "gameplay".
  • Options
    Had the T'ong at 8/10. Both other ships were maxed out.

Now I get to collect 2 ships I didn't have any schematics for...but I finished the D'kora Krayton ages ago. Would have been nice to finish the T'ong first before the change though.
  • Options
    Had the T'ong at 8/10. Both other ships were maxed out.

Now I get to collect 2 ships I didn't have any schematics for...but I finished the D'kora Krayton ages ago. Would have been nice to finish the T'ong first before the change though.

i was close to the T'ong as well! then this happened. bummer
  • Options
    Why were there no warning to the changes? Did I miss something?