Home The Bridge
Options

RIP Battle Arena

Comments

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    FYI don't be confused by the CMD division reward, that is for the 3 star version. There is currently no way to finish off the 5 star version. So those close to it, like me, are stuck.

3c5jzmzxknla.png
    qtbpgjlh9qew.png

The 5 star version:
    p8fpcuf1j8ls.png

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doh!
  • Options
    They kept the ships as rewards just long enough to *nearly* max them. Expect packs to buy rest of the schematics soon. What a man's-genitalia-head move!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    That reminds me again, that i forgot to ask DB the most important question in the QA.

What is wrong with you DB?
  • Options
    I hope this is a sign of things to come, changing ships every month would better IMO.
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Clone 7 wrote: »
    Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a bug and they'll fix it soon!

What have you seen from DB in the past that would lead you to believe this is the case? Giving DB the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things they think they can make money on is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I was pretty shocked when they switched it to good rewards from the B.o.P. and the Warbird, definitely not remotely surprised they switched it to garbage.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would have appurrciated to get a meowtice first before changing it all over. The Krayton isn't even a new ship (most likely a lot of players have her maxed out already).

My 5* T'Ong is 6/10, my 4* Borg Sphere is 5/10 and my 3* NX-class is 4/10 ... and I'm sure others haven't been able to get enough schematics for them either to max them out. And now we get different ships again?

Will there be a way to obtain T'Ong, Borg Sphere and NX-class schematics through normal time purrtal pulls now (like the ISS Enterprise, Krayton etc)? If that's possible, I'd have no problem with a ship change in the arena. But if not, this is a big bummer.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Hot dang.... I almost had the other 3 maxed, why not leave it longer so people can get their ships to max?!?!?!
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Dang, I am almost at level 8 for the T'Ong and 7 for the Sphere. I was hoping to get them to max because my current ships (Cube, Bounty, and ISS, and Romulan Warbird) don't work as well with my current crew (I've vaulted some of my better arena crew because they have poorer stats). I also wanted the T'Ong maxed for voyages, and it is sitting at 2350 AM (meaning the +150 trait bonus makes it even with level 10 5* ships...). I guess I'll get my level 5 Krayton maxed...
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot dang.... I almost had the other 3 maxed, why not leave it longer so people can get their ships to max?!?!?!

Just wait, there will be a level your ship pack next week... >:)
  • Options
    hell... they aren't even good for rep fuel what with the amount of rations we get from voyages...guess we'll just start a 'how many schema you got' competition
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    ISS Turbo ISS Turbo ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    It has to be a bug. All the ships are showing as one star. (Never mind, it just updated)...
  • Options
    I've gotten 1% rewards for Admiral division EVERY DAY since they switched and my ship is 9/10. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you get the top rewards EVERY DAY you should not be left with an unfinished ship.

I guess that was the point... get most players to 9/10 or 8/10 then pull the rewards. How long until there’s a schematics offer for these ships in the portal?
  • Options
    rewards are worse than ever in arean. They were never anything more than replicator fodder but now they're just insulting. Why bother to do arena at all? its like they want us not to play aspects of their "gameplay".

Worse than ever, probably not, but definitely worse. Feels like a scam.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    This is total BS. The Captain division is horribly unbalanced with no way to beat a Borg sphere reliably without another Borg sphere.

I've maintained 1% most all days but an incomplete ship cannot compete. They are worthless.

Even for voyages, only 5* are useful and even then, they need to be at least level 8+ with trait to provide more anti matter than a level 10 without trait.

I've completed the admiral division Ferengi ship ages ago (used to buy 2 dabo pulls a day until those were nerfed and it's pointless after ships complete).

ALL SHIPS need to be in the basic 10-pack pulls AND Dabo. So much of my pulls are cluttered with garbage 3* cards and useless schematics (not even good fuel now that we have voyages).

Only morons are going to buy a ship to place in top 1% and then be awarded a lesser ship as an "award". People with serious e-peen issues.

The majority of your playerbase is just pissed off. As soon as you made arena worth playing, you screwed it up.

Seriously, fire the person making the choices. The game will be better off. You guys are sending it into a downward spiral that will kill this game off and no one's investment or money spent will be worth anything when the game is gone.

Stop screwing it up. Ask the players what they want and don't drop these bombs on us without communication. That's how you get us to spend money.

You can't develop games in the dark anymore. We all have the internet and communication leads to a better game that will last versus a money grab that just pissed off your player base.

This choice is making me want to just stop playing and quit before spending anymore money on this downward spiral of a game.
  • Options
    The Command reward is the 3* K'Tinga, the Captain reward is the 4* Hirogen Warship, and the Admiral reward is the 5* D'Kora. It is just glitching out with the stars showing.

I am not exactly happy with the sudden change myself. I need less than half of what is needed to reach level 10 on my T'Ong, and now I have to wait again to see those Schematics appear anywhere besides a special pack. I was also going to work on the NX-Class and get that from level 3 where it sits currently to max. At least my Borg Sphere became maxed out last week, and I can focus on getting my 1/9 Hirogen Warship higher...
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    rewards are worse than ever in arean. They were never anything more than replicator fodder but now they're just insulting. Why bother to do arena at all? its like they want us not to play aspects of their "gameplay".

some1 pointed out that they are showing as all 1 star ships is a bug so yea worse than ever, no.
  • Options

some1 pointed out that they are showing as all 1 star ships is a bug so yea worse than ever, no.

They are not showing as 1* ships for me. It is a legitimate stealth Nerf to awards.

There is no reason to play arena. If you have the best ship you can compete for a lesser ship. If you don't have it, you can compete for a partial of another ship that's not offered anywhere else.

Dang DB, either add all ships to the 10-pack pulls or remove them all. I'm sick of getting schematics in 10-packs I've already completed with no hope of completing anything new.

I'd prefer you just removed them all from packs than only having old ones and teasing us with a way to compete for then and tearing it away before we can.

Even if you were top 1% everyday (I was in admiral), it would not be finished.

This is garbage, change it back then hire a new project manager that plays the game.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you restart you should now see the correct rarity on them. It's really frustrating that this was done with no notice. Any other time there have been reward changes we knew about it at least a week in advance.
  • Options
    Not even a word if it will be repeated in future.

Heck, a smart company would allow top competitors (who are already your spenders) enough time to complete if 1% everyday then offer a pack for everyone else.

The only basis we had prior to this is the same rewards for about a year! Where is the communication to your players / people that pay your bills?

This just makes everyone mad. How can you possibly make these changes and not expect a backlash?

I feel like there is a bunch of monkies banging on a keyboard to make the decisions at DB.
  • Options
    I feel like there is a bunch of monkies banging on a keyboard to make the decisions at DB.
    i so want to see a gif of that right now! get on it internet.

• Options
    gyvbbmqbcwst.gif

Or also appropriate:

l4payxf19iby.gif
    :D

• Options
    Yes! Exactly! Why the heck did they do this to us? I was SO close to finally getting that last level on my Borg Sphere 878 and IKS T’Ong. This is so annoying but sadly, so typical of DB. Everyone is enjoying something about the game, so they change it.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

The only basis we had prior to this is the same rewards for about a year!

The rewards were changed temporarily for Borg month. They were changed again when 3.0 was launched. It's easy to infer that they will change again at some point.
  • Options
    This is total ****. The Captain division is horribly unbalanced with no way to beat a Borg sphere reliably without another Borg sphere.

It’s not just the captain division that is effected, if you don’t have a maxed out bird of prey with FF/FE Kang on it you may as well not turn up to the commander division either. Admiral is the only one with any diversity at the top end (if you call two different ships diversity).
    I've maintained 1% most all days but an incomplete ship cannot compete. They are worthless.

I wouldn’t say worthless, I enjoy warping around the universe in my incomplete IKS Tong, obviously it’s useless for voyages or arena but at least I can look at my K’tinga class and get warm fuzzy feelings.
    I've completed the admiral division Ferengi ship ages ago (used to buy 2 dabo pulls a day until those were nerfed and it's pointless after ships complete).

I agree the choice of new reward is very disappointing, the krayton has been around since the beginning of the game and anyone who buys premium packs and plays dabo regularly probably has it maxed already. Something newer would actually incentivise people to play it (maybe the Shenzhou). I *do* think that arena rewards should maybe rotate a bit more regularly, but communicating well is key and DB has always failed spectacularly at that.
    ALL SHIPS need to be in the basic 10-pack pulls AND Dabo. So much of my pulls are cluttered with garbage 3* cards and useless schematics (not even good fuel now that we have voyages).
    This is absolutely key, there is very little point in giving out prizes if there is no other way of completing the ship (which currently for the Tong there isn’t).

I think in the long term we need something similar to the Honour Hall for ship schematics, maybe a ‘ship yard recycling centre’ where you can trade in unneeded schems for other schems for ships you are working on. It’s a little mad that one of the reasons the replicator was invented was to provide a way to use up all the duplicate items (including schems) that were piling up in our inventories, but now we are completely swamped with more replicator rations than we can ever possibly use they’re really piling up again.

• Options
    ipt35m2xiwwt.gif

I seem to have arrived just in time.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options
    Dear DB,

please don't make this mistake (not communicating the changes) when you want to change Kahless in the honor hall.

Captain Blaster