Home The Bridge
Options

November Campaign Thoughts

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
Just hit T50 on the current campaign so I thought it would be a good time to start a discussion on what you would like to see in next month's campaign or any themes you think would be interesting?

For November the obvious one would be Thanksgiving. Though I'm not sure which crew would fit best here.

Its also a bumper month for main crew birthdays - Quark, Rom, Paris, Guinan, Chakotay, Jadzia Dax, Bashir, Yar, Barclay, Pike (TOS)

Or could there be a campaign dedicated to Aron Eisenberg (Captain Nog/Tux Nog/Brand new crew?).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest a Movember themed campaign... but heck +1 for Nogmember
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as we avoid campaign themes linked to real life seasons I'm fine with anything. It has the potential to be really boring... Merry men for christmas, what's next for valentine's day, Minuet? No thanks. If we want interesting crew we're going to have to stop asking for stuff like halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and so on. :)
  • Options
    Whilst I like the idea of Nog in principle - in practice, campaigns are clearly a huge part of DBs revenue stream for this game, and I can't see them giving that up for a month to make a charitable donation anywhere, and it'd seem a bit crass doing it in any other way.

A Tom Paris birthday themed Delta Flyer Paris works for me...
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Whilst I like the idea of Nog in principle - in practice, campaigns are clearly a huge part of DBs revenue stream for this game, and I can't see them giving that up for a month to make a charitable donation anywhere, and it'd seem a bit crass doing it in any other way.

A Tom Paris birthday themed Delta Flyer Paris works for me...

A while back Tuxedo Nog was handed out as a gift, many players may still have him 1/5 or 2/5, so I don't think there would be a problem generating enough revenue generally speaking, and I don't think it was ever mentioned above about donating just featuring him in remembrance.

I don't think it would be crass to feature him, because equally isn't profiting from someone else's birthday - could be construed as an act of crassness as well. It's the thought that matters and not what we necessarily read between the lines - campaigns is an establish monthly regular occurrence, not a spur of the moment opportunist cash grab.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we had a MED primary yet? Could be time for one of those.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Have we had a MED primary yet? Could be time for one of those.

Or double up MED with Caregiver trait, and/or family - kind of goes with Thanksgiving?

My first thought, was card themed, so Resistance Neelix comes to mind with his bread.

My vote:
    4* – Edith Keeler
    5* – The Bashirs
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think every campaign should be tied to a calendar-based theme. Halloween is a natural choice, of course, but beyond that I wouldn’t say there are too many other holidays that have truly universal appeal - Valentine’s Day is the only other one that might qualify for people of multiple nationalities and religions.

Themes based on characters or episodes are just as fun, and most people like The Killing Game...so how about Bartender Tuvok and Combat Medic Paris? Or a Mirror Universe theme, which if we go with Banjo’s MED suggestion could be Mirror Beverly Crusher and Mirror Phlox. And I will never say no to some TOS love, where a campaign could feature Elizabeth Dehner and Drafted McCoy.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I don’t think every campaign should be tied to a calendar-based theme. Halloween is a natural choice, of course, but beyond that I wouldn’t say there are too many other holidays that have truly universal appeal - Valentine’s Day is the only other one that might qualify for people of multiple nationalities and religions.

Themes based on characters or episodes are just as fun, and most people like The Killing Game...so how about Bartender Tuvok and Combat Medic Paris? Or a Mirror Universe theme, which if we go with Banjo’s MED suggestion could be Mirror Beverly Crusher and Mirror Phlox. And I will never say no to some TOS love, where a campaign could feature Elizabeth Dehner and Drafted McCoy.

I like the "evil doctors" one with mirror beverly and phlox!

By the way in Europe everyone heard about Halloween but no one cares about it, it's just supermarkets celebrating this.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, evil doctors would be pretty cool
  • Options
    If we go back to a themeless campaign, pretty sure Voyager is overdue some love?

We've had: Leland (Disc), Spock (ToS), Gunshow Picard (TNG), Sisko (DS9), Drunk Troi (TNG), Sato (ENT), Spider Barclay (TNG). So it would look to be Voyager's turn... and probably Janeway if we're being consistent *runs*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of Nogvember, but I also like the idea given to make it a family reunion campaign. We have multiple gold cards of parents of main crew. There are also several children and spouses.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would definitely love a Nogvember event. If you had something else planned, it's not too late to switch it up DB!
  • Options
    I generally like these ideas, but god I hope DB doesn't start putting new characters in the campaign rewards. A 5* that literally can only be acquired by paying money? At least with Tuesday packs you can spend dil you've earned to try to get them...
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Well, November is Thanksgiving time...so what could be better than.....

rsce6wv0ch0p.png

Correction, today is Thanksgiving in civilized metric land to the North.

Nogvember sounds great if it's Tuxedo Nog so I can get that card to 5/5.
  • Options
    Captain Killy!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well, November is Thanksgiving time...so what could be better than.....

rsce6wv0ch0p.png

Correction, today is Thanksgiving in civilized metric land to the North.

Nog would be fun :)
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Aaron eisenberg campaign is definately on the top of my list.
    As it's the anniversary of the gunpowder plot on November 5th however, I'd be willing to see a plotters campaign with a new 5* Duras and KDF Gowron (as a counter for the thanksgiving bid, lol)
    oe1zkdooxv96.jpg

gsms9t14qqif.png
  • Options

some weeks ago i just gave him the last two stars because i just love this guy and his story in ds9
    (mostly going for the char,not for the stats).
    and of course most of you people now want him in the campaign:)
    but i also love the idea of nogvember,so my vote for this is captain nog;)

my "dream" is db give a new nog (for example 3*/4* "great material continuum nog")
    to all players to honor mr.eisenberg. and maybe they should do this with all the actors passed away,but i guess/know this,obviously,will never happen.
    6tq9koc3xhb5.jpg

btw,db could maybe do an "honorable megaevent" for the actors passed away with new variants of the chars they played,how about that?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

some weeks ago i just gave him the last two stars because i just love this guy and his story in ds9
    (mostly going for the char,not for the stats).
    and of course most of you people now want him in the campaign:)
    but i also love the idea of nogvember,so my vote for this is captain nog;)

my "dream" is db give a new nog (for example 3*/4* "great material continuum nog")
    to all players to honor mr.eisenberg. and maybe they should do this with all the actors passed away,but i guess/know this,obviously,will never happen.
    6tq9koc3xhb5.jpg

btw,db could maybe do an "honorable megaevent" for the actors passed away with new variants of the chars they played,how about that?

I think that’s a fantastic idea

• Options
    ...db could maybe do an "honorable megaevent" for the actors passed away with new variants of the chars they played,how about that?

This. Do this.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    ...db could maybe do an "honorable megaevent" for the actors passed away with new variants of the chars they played,how about that?

This. Do this.

I would be all for this.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love an original Nog or a tuxedo Nog. If not a Nog a Dr. Pollard.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Thanksgiving really just a USA holiday/event? Our global friends don't really even know what we're celebrating, right? So let's leave that one out.

Nogvember is an awesome idea.

An idea off the top of my head... in keeping with the "changing of the seasons" from summer-to-winter (or the reverse, depending on your location). Perhaps Humbled Archer or Phlox au Natural (shirtless, for hot weather) and Stranded Odo for the cold. Or reverse it - Rura Penthe Kirk for cold and Angel I Riker or Tourist Quark for hot. Feel free to suggest better options.
  • Options
    December campaign makes more sense for Nog... Nogmas with a celebration of family, a new 4* Nog to make him accessible to all with one of the 5* parents of DS9 crew such as the Bashirs or maybe Worf's .
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is for Nogvember!

Tuxedo Nog as the 5*.

As for the 4*, I really like the idea of a new Lt. Nog character, essentially as a freebie for all players. Or they could go with a 4* Rom/Quark for the family tie-in, or even a 4* Jake for the friend tie-in.