Home The Bridge
Options

November Campaign Thoughts

124»

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some DIP overload in 2 of the last 3 campaigns I am not overly excited. I was hoping for some MED or ENG. I take it anyway and continue to hope that it will someday be someone I have at 1/5 already. Again I start from zero here with both. This is better than starting from FF but still...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    After some DIP overload in 2 of the last 3 campaigns I am not overly excited. I was hoping for some MED or ENG. I take it anyway and continue to hope that it will someday be someone I have at 1/5 already. Again I start from zero here with both. This is better than starting from FF but still...

Yeah agreed, all the collectors are obivously excited but if you're after utility, this is a letdown. The gauntlet prowess is debatable now that a lot of people are going to get her, a nice and round 0 event count if we except the faction from the mega she's from that will never get a rerun, and the stats overall didn't age well.

IMO a good campaign should give us a solid everyday gauntleteer, a good event body or a good voyager, and she's neither.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when does Yates get her campaign
    uqwzl3kt4h6u.png
    😂
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were due forna dud. From a stat perspective, I'm going to call Gloria a dud. Which means that December should be a good one. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have their FF/FE Stats handy?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It'll be a Guinanathon for me.

I've Gloria at 1/5, so she'll FF.
    Not got Nexus Guinan, but she'll be FF.
    My Fierce Guinan will be 3/4 tomorrow, so with the 4* cite, she'll be FF

Three Guinans FF almost at the same time!

Just need Gauntlet to hand out my final star Bartender Guinan now.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have their FF/FE Stats handy?

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Main_Page
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I’m very unhappy that for a second time a card I chased at somewhat great expense, more than 8 pulls, is being handed out a few weeks later. To boot, the honor spent on citations to freeze her is salty, and this was exactly the same situation as Fugitive Spock. I guess main cast 4*s will sit at 1/4 from Tuesday Packs now until they portal or are given out free 2 months later. Between this and both my purchases this week being balled up for hours, I’m thinking it’s time to close my wallet for a few weeks again and lower my spending down a notch. When an email reads “because of our issue, we’ve made it right by granting you what you bought” like that’s some sort of magnanimous gift, twice in 3 days, I think it’s time to back off for awhile.

For @DScottHewitt :
    a9d8jko9qsz1.png
    f18u9k5nqic6.png
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were due forna dud. From a stat perspective, I'm going to call Gloria a dud. Which means that December should be a good one. :)

Barclay was so-so already. Top 100 voyager (which means about 100 better possible picks), low event count, no gauntlet rolls, but at least there was a modicum of event presence. I'll keep my "subscription" active in November but I'm not a charity, DB has to throw us a bone at some point.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I’m very unhappy that for a second time a card I chased at somewhat great expense, more than 8 pulls, is being handed out a few weeks later. To boot, the honor spent on citations to freeze her is salty, and this was exactly the same situation as Fugitive Spock. I guess main cast 4*s will sit at 1/4 from Tuesday Packs now until they portal or are given out free 2 months later. Between this and both my purchases this week being balled up for hours, I’m thinking it’s time to close my wallet for a few weeks again and lower my spending down a notch. When an email reads “because of our issue, we’ve made it right by granting you what you bought” like that’s some sort of magnanimous gift, twice in 3 days, I think it’s time to back off for awhile.

For @DScottHewitt :
    a9d8jko9qsz1.png
    f18u9k5nqic6.png

Thanx. I know that Nexus Guinan ain't supergreat for Gauntlet, as people pointed out, because her Rolls are lower. Bit, she would be a great "Filler" for hitting lower Stat Opponents in the "Guinan Gauntlet", depending on Traits.

x8lkiqyj39r9.jpg

Gloria and Nexus Guinan would both be 45% in that one. I would have a 65% and three 45% for that one!!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

For @DScottHewitt :
    a9d8jko9qsz1.png
    f18u9k5nqic6.png

Thanx. I know that Nexus Guinan ain't supergreat for Gauntlet, as people pointed out, because her Rolls are lower. Bit, she would be a great "Filler" for hitting lower Stat Opponents in the "Guinan Gauntlet", depending on Traits.

x8lkiqyj39r9.jpg

Gloria and Nexus Guinan would both be 45% in that one. I would have a 65% and three 45% for that one!!!!!!

People over value crits. A bad roll * 45% chance of a crit is still a bad roll. I would gladly throw locutus or gowron at that Guinan even if they only have 5% crit chance.

And why would you waste a gauntlet spot with filler crew? Pick your best crew and then your "filler" are those crew after one or two uses.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Barclay was so-so already. Top 100 voyager (which means about 100 better possible picks), low event count, no gauntlet rolls, but at least there was a modicum of event presence. I'll keep my "subscription" active in November but I'm not a charity, DB has to throw us a bone at some point.

Using voyage ranks without any sort of context as to what kind of voyage is being run is, frankly, ignorant. Depending on the makeup of anyone’s crew, he might be on every single voyage or only go on SCI/ENG voyages...the same is going to be true for any legendary from Braxton on down to Beowulf Kim.

On my crew, he’s the fourth-best SCI/ENG voyager behind Banjoman, Leonardo, and Honey Bare and ahead of Survivalist Kirk and Mirror Cochrane. Those six crew form the backbone of most every SCI/ENG voyage I send, and even if I include Cochrane they are within about 200 points (or 5% of their voyage total) of one another. Between the traits and tertiary skills, any one of these six is also valuable on other voyages including ENG or SCI.

All of the complaints about events and gauntlet are of course valid. Perhaps there are possibilities for a Primal event (or even mega-event) or perhaps a re-run of Spider Barclay’s event, Laws of Nature? A new Barclay in a Faction event, one who could maybe be proficiency-heavy to fill the gap between the Caretaker and everyone else, would be nice and give all of the other Barclays a chance to shine for a weekend.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Using voyage ranks without any sort of context as to what kind of voyage is being run is, frankly, ignorant. Depending on the makeup of anyone’s crew, he might be on every single voyage or only go on SCI/ENG voyages...the same is going to be true for any legendary from Braxton on down to Beowulf Kim.

On my crew, he’s the fourth-best SCI/ENG voyager behind Banjoman, Leonardo, and Honey Bare and ahead of Survivalist Kirk and Mirror Cochrane. Those six crew form the backbone of most every SCI/ENG voyage I send, and even if I include Cochrane they are within about 200 points (or 5% of their voyage total) of one another. Between the traits and tertiary skills, any one of these six is also valuable on other voyages including ENG or SCI.

All of the complaints about events and gauntlet are of course valid. Perhaps there are possibilities for a Primal event (or even mega-event) or perhaps a re-run of Spider Barclay’s event, Laws of Nature? A new Barclay in a Faction event, one who could maybe be proficiency-heavy to fill the gap between the Caretaker and everyone else, would be nice and give all of the other Barclays a chance to shine for a weekend.

Yes of course it's totally usable depending on the context, I never said proto Barclay wasn't. He's in quite a lot of my voyages and I'm fine with that, my point was he's not particularly remarkable in any context, he's merely a hair above Gloria. They could give us the 200th voyager for all I care but at least it should be an event beast like a Janeway or Data, or a good gauntlet character and not one you use once every two months. I'm not asking for a Locutus every month but there's a wealth of crew that would get people a lot more excited than Proto Barclay or Gloria without being the ultimate combo of event, voyage and gauntlet monster - crew that is statistically good at something (as in statistically exciting) unlike Gloria and Barclay isn't particularly rare and DB has put a few in the campaign in the past, yet we're getting uninspiring cards twice in a row.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very unhappy that for a second time a card I chased at somewhat great expense, more than 8 pulls, is being handed out a few weeks later. To boot, the honor spent on citations to freeze her is salty, and this was exactly the same situation as Fugitive Spock. I guess main cast 4*s will sit at 1/4 from Tuesday Packs now until they portal or are given out free 2 months later. Between this and both my purchases this week being balled up for hours, I’m thinking it’s time to close my wallet for a few weeks again and lower my spending down a notch.

...sounds like the best strategy may be accumulating a bunch of 1/5s then? :)
  • Options

Yes of course it's totally usable depending on the context, I never said proto Barclay wasn't. He's in quite a lot of my voyages and I'm fine with that, my point was he's not particularly remarkable in any context, he's merely a hair above Gloria. They could give us the 200th voyager for all I care but at least it should be an event beast like a Janeway or Data, or a good gauntlet character and not one you use once every two months. I'm not asking for a Locutus every month but there's a wealth of crew that would get people a lot more excited than Proto Barclay or Gloria without being the ultimate combo of event, voyage and gauntlet monster - crew that is statistically good at something (as in statistically exciting) unlike Gloria and Barclay isn't particularly rare and DB has put a few in the campaign in the past, yet we're getting uninspiring cards twice in a row.

spider barclay has a fairly uncommon skillset, despite his voyage rank. you'd need a whole lot of fully fused legends (or a lot of luck getting just the right ones) to see no use for him in a sci/eng voyage.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very unhappy that for a second time a card I chased at somewhat great expense, more than 8 pulls, is being handed out a few weeks later. To boot, the honor spent on citations to freeze her is salty, and this was exactly the same situation as Fugitive Spock. I guess main cast 4*s will sit at 1/4 from Tuesday Packs now until they portal or are given out free 2 months later. Between this and both my purchases this week being balled up for hours, I’m thinking it’s time to close my wallet for a few weeks again and lower my spending down a notch.

...sounds like the best strategy may be accumulating a bunch of 1/5s then? :)

Well I have roughly 150 1/5s. So I’d say that strategy is achieved. I’m only missing 41 crew total, none under 5* rarity. I’m not sure how being upset 4star Tuesday rares being given out a few weeks after dropping 6000 dilithium to get the allegedly limited card has to do with 1/5s though.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Gloria to Proto Barclay because my Gloria is 1/5 before her campaign and my Proto Barclay was 5/5 before his campaign.
    Let’s fly!