Home The Bridge
Options

November Campaign Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanksgiving being a US holiday (my favorite US holiday) makes me think DB should go a different route. I'm ok with Nog-vember, but I think an Aron Eisenberg event would be better - even though my 1/5 Tuxedo Nog may disagree. Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday a thing outside of the US? If so, that (commerce) lends itself to Ferengi. And Nog was Ferengi. Maybe Nog-vember fits on a couple levels?

But... Since we did a holiday theme for October, I'd rather go back to Trek for November. Are there any Trek events, conventions, or announcements scheduled for next month?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday a thing outside of the US?

In the UK the news always talks about them, but nobody ever seems to care. Over here in Asia it's definately not a thing.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

In the UK the news always talks about them, but nobody ever seems to care. Over here in Asia it's definately not a thing.

For the tech geeks among us it is a thing at least in the German speaking countries. Amazon and Aliexpress take care of that.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the tech geeks among us it is a thing at least in the German speaking countries. Amazon and Aliexpress take care of that.

Es macht geld, geld, geld!!!!

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

It is definitely a thing in Canada. Our stores have our own sales to match, and being that I only live an hour from the border and I actually have friends who literally take the day off and drive down to the States to take advantage of the deals.
  • Options
    Given it's Thanksgiving in the US, it should involve turkeys - so that'll be VOY or ENT then ;)

(I'm joking, no one take this seriously and start another tedious series war please!)
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nog campaign would be awesome..... it can't be thanksgiving because thanksgiving was last weekend
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that Generations will turn 25 in November. Lots of potential choices there, including the recently added 4* Nexus Guinan.

Nexus Kirk + Smitten Picard! Wondering when we're getting MED if the devs do that though.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    It occurs to me that Generations will turn 25 in November. Lots of potential choices there, including the recently added 4* Nexus Guinan.

Nexus Kirk + Smitten Picard! Wondering when we're getting MED if the devs do that though.

I need four more stars on Smitten Picard so I wouldn't object, but what does he have to do with Generations?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I need four more stars on Smitten Picard so I wouldn't object, but what does he have to do with Generations?

I don't think we have any legendary generations crew.
  • Options

I don't think we have any legendary generations crew.

The Age of Sail Crew are all Generations? AoS Riker would be great for me...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it so!
    I think AoS La Forge is the only SR. Is there an AoS Picard yet? That might be a good lead-in for Star Trek: Picard. But if DB isn't ready to break the ice on a new legendary for campaign, then any of the others will be acceptable for me. I think Beverly is my preference for that MED/CMD combo. And maybe save Picard for closer to the new series premier.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Maybe they could add AOS Worf as the 4*...... I mean Worf was the whole reason for the AOS holodeck scene.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'd love to have AOS Worf and Picard in the game and as the rewards, but DB has shown indication that they are interested in releasing new cards via this channel, and I doubt those would be the ones to break the ice.

Now, Nogvember on the other hand could be the justification they need to release a new 4* version of him.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple Generations SRs: Dr. Tolin Soran, Nexus Kirk, and AoS La Forge. Legendaries it's AoS Crusher, AoS Data, and AoS Riker. What there isn't is a Generations Picard.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    There are multiple Generations SRs: Dr. Tolin Soran, Nexus Kirk, and AoS La Forge. Legendaries it's AoS Crusher, AoS Data, and AoS Riker. What there isn't is a Generations Picard.

I read on the wiki that Emotion-chip Data is also Generations ... never seen that movie, so I wouldn't know.

They are all kinda meh ... though I did immortalise AoS Crusher.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generations 5*
    Age of Sail Crusher
    Age of Sail Data
    Age of Sail Riker
    Emotion Chip Data

Generations 4*
    Age of Sail La Forge
    Captain John Harriman
    Demora Sulu
    Dr. Tolian Soran
    Nexus Guinan
    Nexus Kirk

Good to know, that's not my favourite movie so I forgot. Age of sail Crusher for some spicy MED would be nice then.
  • Options
    Generations would make sense in many ways, although it’d be a 4th TNG out of 7 for the legendaries.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    I read on the wiki that Emotion-chip Data is also Generations ... never seen that movie, so I wouldn't know.

for many people emotionchip data is the best in the whole generations movie.
    take some time this weekend,watch the movie and tell me data was awesome;p
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generations Super Rares also includes Nexus Kirk and the Duras Sisters.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

... and Nexus Kirk dropped in my last Voyage!
    Hm ... :: dons tinfoil fedora :: 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

... and Nexus Kirk dropped in my last Voyage!
    Hm ... :: dons tinfoil fedora :: 🖖

Ha! There does seem to be a correlation with what drops and what’s going on elsewhere in the game

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd prefer a theme that doesn't involve the calendar. If they do want to recognize harvest festivals, there is a nice selection of characters with the Chef trait, but most don't seem terribly tempting to me.

In terms of celebrating Aron Eisenberg's life, I'd rather an event or a character give-away than a campaign. The first two options are less mercantile . . . even if we are talking about a ferengi. Then again, a campaign would allow them to give away a new super rare Nog, which is nice, and both legendary options are pretty cool.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer a theme that doesn't involve the calendar. If they do want to recognize harvest festivals, there is a nice selection of characters with the Chef trait, but most don't seem terribly tempting to me.

In terms of celebrating Aron Eisenberg's life, I'd rather an event or a character give-away than a campaign. The first two options are less mercantile . . . even if we are talking about a ferengi. Then again, a campaign would allow them to give away a new super rare Nog, which is nice, and both legendary options are pretty cool.

Your chef trait is a good idea. I think Chef River would be a flame choice. Get it? Flame? Chef?

• Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Your chef trait is a good idea. I think Chef River would be a flame choice. Get it? Flame? Chef?

Hey Banjo.....you been into the cooking wine again? 😝
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Hey Banjo.....you been into the cooking wine again? 😝

Ha! Funny cuz I am in Scranton because we are taking on a new client and I need to learn their ways. The client is Gallo wine