Home The Bridge
Options

PSA: Server Push May Have Changed Your Voyage Skills

If you have a voyage out, go ahead and give it a look and make sure your skills are the same as what you sent. I've heard many reports of folks that had skills change between this morning and now after the server push. This is different than the known bug that requires a restart before sending. This is impacting voyages that are several hours into it and past 2 or 3 dilemmas.
Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

Comments

• Options
    Mine was just after the first dilemma and changed. Now my worst skill is gold.
  • Options
    I can confirm that this did happen. My Voyage changed from SCI/DIP to CMD/SCI sometime after the 2hr mark.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy moly thanks for the warning but this further enraged me. Last night medical was the main skill and now it's science.... Almost missed my voyage home because it switched and if I didn't see this.... What a mess

ttxjdu10v0cz.png
  • Options
    Yeah, went to bed four hours+ in with Sci+eng, woke up to continue at 6 hours with cmd+med. I don’t believe that the +AM traits changed, though I don’t think it would matter even if they did after the voyage started.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    it sure did :(
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Holy moly thanks for the warning but this further enraged me. Last night medical was the main skill and now it's science.... Almost missed my voyage home because it switched and if I didn't see this.... What a mess

Mine was down to 23 when I checked in... Thanks for the heads up!
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am asking for more information on this, and I will let you know what is up.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are working on it, so let's not panic yet - it might be resolved very shortly.
    Stay tuned.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuss Words! I just sat there while a dilemma was frozen at 6 hours for over 12 minutes so I recalled the voyage prematurely! That's (more cuss words.)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voyage just straight up stopped. I was at the 6hr dilemma, went to open it and it just sat on the voyage screen.

Timer ticked up to 6:00:20, then reset back to 6:00:00. There didn't appear to be anything I could do (I restarted the app). Sounds like a different issue from the rest of you, though, so I submitted a ticket for good measure.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are working on it, so let's not panic yet - it might be resolved very shortly.
    Stay tuned.

While the programmers are in there can they switch the Arena rewards back plz? Thanks! :wink:
  • Options
    Stay tuned.

That doesn't do my voyage that I just had to call back just shy of 10 hours much good, Shan.
  • Options
    CSMone01 wrote: »
    Stay tuned.

That doesn't do my voyage that I just had to call back just shy of 10 hours much good, Shan.

That doesn’t help mine that are failing the gold skill checks that would have been passing before either. At this rate, I’ll be lucky to make it to the six hour mark, instead of pass it.
  • Options
    Mmmhmmmm... tinkering with the Voyage rewards and broke it huh?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's odd is mine stayed the same. A/B server upgrades?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    What's odd is mine stayed the same. A/B server upgrades?

As did mine, no refill, recalled at 6:20 mark with 22 AMU left, no change to gold & silver.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with rewards or A/B server changes.
    It has to do with the issue were the skills change after 00:00 UTC if you were already logged in.
  • Options
    Can confirm also that the skills changed for me as well
  • Options
    It has to do with the issue were the skills change after 00:00 UTC if you were already logged in.

so we should all be logged out before 00:00 UTC and log back in after?
    and no change to voyage skills will occur?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that accurate though? Before 0:00 utc yesterday, 5pm my time, my main skill was science and I started that at 6am yesterday. Then medical when I sent it off for a new voyage at 7pm last night (it did a reset) . Now it changed to science mid voyage today. I usually don't pay for voyages and get 6 to 8 hours. So it definitely reset today from a different skill it reset to at 5pm yesterday
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    So... wait. Skills change on an already existing passed several dillemas without change voyage? Since when?! That hasn't happened ever. It's happened if you send one and it's passed the switch over. This is not normal behavior.

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I also log out and log back in before starting, just to make sure the skills are correct. 3 hours, 45 minutes in. Mine changed mid stream from Med/Eng to Med/Sci.

Another fleetmate reported he is stuck on the dilemma screen.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options

so we should all be logged out before 00:00 UTC and log back in after?
    and no change to voyage skills will occur?

Doesn't matter, we should never have to do anything once a voyage is sent and the server/code should not change anything in our voyage once sent.

Serious design flaw/bug that DB needs to work out.

Side note: I also had to recall a voyage just shy of 10 hours because the skill changed the other night. I noticed at the last minute just by luck of checking on it that it had changed, and I only had a couple minutes left!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    So... wait. Skills change on an already existing passed several dillemas without change voyage? Since when?! That hasn't happened ever. It's happened if you send one and it's passed the switch over. This is not normal behavior.

I've never come across it before.
  • Options

and this doesn't make sense.. because before the server update... skills were set..
    after the server update.. voyage skills changed.. which would have been 16:00 UTC... way far away from 00:00 UTC...
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    My voyage skills didn t change at all. Has been SEC/MED when i started the voyage 10hs ago, and its still the same.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Shan... You know how you guys keep saying you promise to listen to us when we flag stuff as being abnormal behavior and you've acknowledged you can be too quick to say "it's working as intended" and are going to pinky swear to keep listening to us when we tell you stuff's broken?

Yeah. This is literally one of those times.

I'm really starting to think this game and this company don't deserve my money anymore. Prove me wrong, or, better yet, just stop proving me right.

• Options
    I always do a reset before launching a voyage, as I assume everyone else does, specifically because of this bug. That's not what happened here. When I reset this morning because of the update, it shuffled my in-progress voyage skills, something that has never happened before.

I'm interested to see how this gets handled. The unfortunate thing about this particular glitch is that it hit me near the end of my voyage, which is where the richest rewards are to be found.
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭

I can confirm that this happened to me this morning, not crossing the 00:00 UTC threshold. When I woke up at 14:00 UTC, I completed my last voyage, rebooted my app, and sent a new voyage. 1.5 hours after that, I rebooted again and discovered my voyage skills had changed.

This is different than all my past experiences, where rebooting before sending a voyage prevented this change. And it's definitely not related to the 00:00 UTC bug.