Home The Bridge
Options

Updates for Honor Hall and Gauntlet

Honor Hall:
- Kahless started the Honor Hall off.
- 11 months later, Captain Beverly Picard was added.
- It has now been 1 year and 8 months.

Gauntlet:
- Locutus started the gauntlet off
- 4 months later, he was rotated out for Bartender Guinan.
- 8 months later, she was rotated out for The Caretaker.
- 9 months later, he was replaced by Armus
- It has now been nearly 1 year since then.

DB, the most recent Honor Hall and Gauntlet additions have far surpassed the previous average replacement times. Any shareable info on when an update might happen?
[SSR] Sorin08

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m totally thirsty for both! I think at least a new gauntlet crew would bring some excitement in chasing whoever it is. Plus I have been anxious for a new honor hall inductee. A good one that is
  • Options
    Honor Hall crew does not create revenue. Gauntlet crew, probably not so much either. Maybe thats 1 reason, no new crew has been added, yet.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet crew, probably not so much either. Maybe that's 1 reason, no new crew has been added, yet.
    I believe that to be correct. That being said, if the drop rates of higher ranked streak boxes were adjusted to properly reflect the investment of dilithium required to achieve them, I think that is one problem that can work itself out.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Gauntlet crew, probably not so much either. Maybe that's 1 reason, no new crew has been added, yet.
    I believe that to be correct. That being said, if the drop rates of higher ranked streak boxes were adjusted to properly reflect the investment of dilithium required to achieve them, I think that is one problem that can work itself out.

How high a streak are you talking? I regularly do 20+ with no DIL. I will sometimes hit 30+ with no DIL too. Unless you want to change the drop rate for a new box after something like a 51 streak, I don't see a DIL investment really matching streak length.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

How high a streak are you talking? I regularly do 20+ with no DIL. I will sometimes hit 30+ with no DIL too. Unless you want to change the drop rate for a new box after something like a 51 streak, I don't see a DIL investment really matching streak length.

You may be an outlier, but really if trainers stopped dropping at some point, people would definitely spend more in Gauntlet, which solves your concern.
  • Options
    Honor Hall crew does not create revenue. Gauntlet crew, probably not so much either. Maybe thats 1 reason, no new crew has been added, yet.

Maybe not directly, but new content does enhance engagement, and engagement in the game creates spending/ad revenue.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The honor hall has good crew, but since the cost is so much, I've not found it personally worthwhile.
    Gauntlet crew are great, but dispite the tales I read here, they simply drop at such a low rate that gauntlet is more frustrating than it is worth.

For those reasons, updates might excite a few players, but not (I believe) very many. Once a majority of players get the gauntlet crew or bother with the honor hall crew, then I would care about replacements. As it is, they can update all they want, but I don't care if they do. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The problem with the honor hall crew is that they are 100k which is just not worth it for most players. But if DB did some really cool pets or some other crew they would not normally do people would buy them. I think this is the path DB should go with it. Give us Porthos, give us George and Gracie whales, give us the Picard lionfish and the Doctor's holographic fish. Or give us the really cool anomalies and entities like colorful cube, crystalline entity, giant head guy from tng episode where Barclay gets super smart and takes them to the center of the galaxy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solution to the 1/5 problem is to cash in the ones I don't want for personal reasons, need for voyages/shuttles, or require for Collections for 550 Honor. Just this week I airlocked a Smitten Jean-Luc Picard I got from a pack and the Little John Riker I won for 1,100 Honor, which helped get me the 50K Honor I needed to get a 4th star for North Star Tucker. 1/5 crew are not a liability, they are an opportunity.
  • Options
    It's definitely time for a new gauntlet crew and to expland that collection (we have no command or med primary gauntlet which would be sensible).

In terms of the Honor Hall, I can't see that ever being a priority. Personally I haven't even got Captain Bev yet as it's honor that could be spent on 2 citations...
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    My solution to the 1/5 problem is to cash in the ones I don't want for personal reasons, need for voyages/shuttles, or require for Collections for 550 Honor. Just this week I airlocked a Smitten Jean-Luc Picard I got from a pack and the Little John Riker I won for 1,100 Honor, which helped get me the 50K Honor I needed to get a 4th star for North Star Tucker. 1/5 crew are not a liability, they are an opportunity.

I started doing that, but then you’re gonna end up getting some of those guys blown out the airlock coming back to haunt you as the premium campaign 4/5*
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm up to 130k Honor (normally I'm between 0 and 50k) and have not been enthused enough to spend it on any crew I currently own (no matter how good they are - Pollard, Da Vinci etc.) so I was actually thinking of buying Beverly and starting her as my citation project (not much interested in the Klingon).

But yeah ... the cost ... which is why I haven't gone for it yet ...

As for Gauntlet crew ... since I immortalised The Caretaker I've really slacked off in playing ... I still need 3 stars for Locutus (1 of which will come from the achievement ... eventually - ugh the slog) ... the loot box drops are just too depressing ... my inventory is near full (again) and I've finally maxed all my trainers so trainer drops are just depressing ...

All this has kinda means that my playing time in the game has gone down markedly of late.

@ByloBand ... air locking 5* crew because they are currently not in a collection is slightly dangerous ... I'm sure Little John will be a part of the Sherwood one by the time the next update rolls around ... I take the opposite approach, 550 Honor is not enough to even airlock the most useless of 5*s, especially since I've got a ton of crew slots empty
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    @ByloBand ... air locking 5* crew because they are currently not in a collection is slightly dangerous ... I'm sure Little John will be a part of the Sherwood one by the time the next update rolls around ... I take the opposite approach, 550 Honor is not enough to even airlock the most useless of 5*s, especially since I've got a ton of crew slots empty
    I hate Riker the character, I have plenty of COM/DIP/SEC crew already, and I already have the Sherwood Collection on lockdown. There is 0% chance I would ever give Little John even one citation, his only value to me was as an Honor Piñata, and I happily convert crew like him into 1.1% of a 5* citation, and I do it regularly with zero regrets. I have a plan, I do my research, I make educated decisions as they come up, and I move on.

I personally would be much more interested in a new Gauntlet crew than Honor Hall.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

I started doing that, but then you’re gonna end up getting some of those guys blown out the airlock coming back to haunt you as the premium campaign 4/5*

Not to mention flashbacks and reruns, or the next begold you might get. Yes there are plenty of 1/5s you could airlock but they do often have a usability factor at some point throughout the year, even my Maid Marian and Mirror Landry (there's an example of being haunted). Also airlocking cards not fully fused goes against the ethos of card collecting at the same time. The point would still stand however that I could fuse any 1/5 quicker than I would a honor hall legend and although they are strong cards, they aren't outrageously OP to justify a mark up in price imo.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding more and newer activities has always been a sign of devs having long-term plans for their game though. Not everything has to bring revenue directly especially in the free to play space, sometimes you need to give to receive. Another honour hall crew may not bring record sales but it's something that gives us a purpose, and the gauntlet is like a quarter of the daily activity with voyages, arena and shuttles once you stop caring about the slow chronitons recharge and just go over the cap.

What was the last new feature, skirmishes? That was nearly two years ago. You can't expect people to think the game still has a bright future when it's been in semi maintenance mode since then.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Adding more and newer activities has always been a sign of devs having long-term plans for their game though. Not everything has to bring revenue directly especially in the free to play space, sometimes you need to give to receive. Another honour hall crew may not bring record sales but it's something that gives us a purpose, and the gauntlet is like a quarter of the daily activity with voyages, arena and shuttles once you stop caring about the slow chronitons recharge and just go over the cap.

What was the last new feature, skirmishes? That was nearly two years ago. You can't expect people to think the game still has a bright future when it's been in semi maintenance mode since then.

The last new feature was campaigns. We are in the middle of the 7th one, so about 6.5 months ago. And DB recently had a thread about desired rewards for a new feature, so I presume something is in the works. Flashbacks are also relatively new, but I'll give you a pass on that one since they not too much different from re-runs. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Shan stated in another thread that creating new crew takes a huge amount of time, and since DB was/is busy with a lot of other things lately, it could be that
    the new crew they create(d) are for events and Tuesday packs only.
    Maybe another reason, why there isn t any new Honor Hall and
    Gauntlet crew, yet?

Keep in mind as well, that DB has not a team of 100 ppl anymore. Capacaties are limited and while i understand the desire for new Honor and Gauntlet crew, for sure its not top of my priority list. Pretty sure DB is working on a lot of stuff that will hit soon(like Quality of Life improvements).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

The last new feature was campaigns. We are in the middle of the 7th one, so about 6.5 months ago. And DB recently had a thread about desired rewards for a new feature, so I presume something is in the works. Flashbacks are also relatively new, but I'll give you a pass on that one since they not too much different from re-runs. ;)

True, I was thinking of new activities. I'm well aware of the thread you mention but Shan never implied that it would bring more and new things to do. I'm reasonably confident it won't be useless since honour was by far the most requested reward but for all we know it could be extra VIP tiers... Sorry about the misunderstanding!
  • Options

True, I was thinking of new activities. I'm well aware of the thread you mention but Shan never implied that it would bring more and new things to do. I'm reasonably confident it won't be useless since honour was by far the most requested reward but for all we know it could be extra VIP tiers... Sorry about the misunderstanding!

I forgot about a thread I saw about VIP tiers. I hadn't considered that. I get the frustration though. A lot of ideas fly around the forum and don't really get implemented. Even when it seems as simple as adding crew to the honor hall. It would be nice to see more of the small things happen.

You just gave me an idea for a poll...
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime Pollqa
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

Prime Pollqa

Pollster LorQa? Hmm... No, yours is better. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I hate Riker the character, I have plenty of COM/DIP/SEC crew already, and I already have the Sherwood Collection on lockdown. There is 0% chance I would ever give Little John even one citation, his only value to me was as an Honor Piñata, and I happily convert crew like him into 1.1% of a 5* citation, and I do it regularly with zero regrets. I have a plan, I do my research, I make educated decisions as they come up, and I move on.

I personally would be much more interested in a new Gauntlet crew than Honor Hall.

Wohaa ... didn't mean to upset you too much there ... didn't know Riker was your red flag. :)

Congrats on having the Sherwood collection on lockdown ... that one (4/8) and Bride of Chaotica (3/7) are the ones I'm furthest from completing.

I'm sure you have a plan etc. didn't imply you didn't ... personally I'd just burn 1500-2250 Merits (or a million credits - what else can I do with credits?) to get 550 Honor than ditch crew I don't have immortalised, no matter how useless they are ... I never watched Star Trek previous to Discovery (and even that I didn't finish watching), so don't have the emotions/feelings (both positive or negative) associated with crew ... emotionally, LJ Riker, Braxton, Evolved Janeway and Bartender Guinan etc. all have the same value to me. So it's great you can ditch someone because you hate 'em.

I love 'em all equally (though I do think some are stupid, like Mariachi Q's looks) so they all stay aboard until they are immortalised and then they might get frozen away for a rainy-day event. Hence, I have 40+ open crew slots and a massive "honor debt". :)
  • Options

Wohaa ... didn't mean to upset you too much there ... didn't know Riker was your red flag. :)

Congrats on having the Sherwood collection on lockdown ... that one (4/8) and Bride of Chaotica (3/7) are the ones I'm furthest from completing.

I'm sure you have a plan etc. didn't imply you didn't ... personally I'd just burn 1500-2250 Merits (or a million credits - what else can I do with credits?) to get 550 Honor than ditch crew I don't have immortalised, no matter how useless they are ... I never watched Star Trek previous to Discovery (and even that I didn't finish watching), so don't have the emotions/feelings (both positive or negative) associated with crew ... emotionally, LJ Riker, Braxton, Evolved Janeway and Bartender Guinan etc. all have the same value to me. So it's great you can ditch someone because you hate 'em.

I love 'em all equally (though I do think some are stupid, like Mariachi Q's looks) so they all stay aboard until they are immortalised and then they might get frozen away for a rainy-day event. Hence, I have 40+ open crew slots and a massive "honor debt". :)

Curious... Are you going to watch The Next Generation to have some background on the new Picard series when it comes out?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan stated in another thread that creating new crew takes a huge amount of time, and since DB was/is busy with a lot of other things lately, it could be that
    the new crew they create(d) are for events and Tuesday packs only.
    Maybe another reason, why there isn t any new Honor Hall and
    Gauntlet crew, yet?

Keep in mind as well, that DB has not a team of 100 ppl anymore. Capacaties are limited and while i understand the desire for new Honor and Gauntlet crew, for sure its not top of my priority list. Pretty sure DB is working on a lot of stuff that will hit soon(like Quality of Life improvements).

Yet we get a lot of new crew each month. Personally i want to see the legendary characters made well....legendary again. How about we get 1 Legendary and 1 purple every 2 weeks and get some new features instead like Space dock or something to do with the starbase or..... many other things.
    I will wait for those QOL improvements to see if it will get less boring that it is today.
  • Options
    Curious... Are you going to watch The Next Generation to have some background on the new Picard series when it comes out?

No ... probably not ... I mean, I know who the basic crew are (from the game and the snippets I've seen here and there through the years) ... but there's just too much that I want to watch on TV or movies at the moment (I mean, there are a ton of TNG episodes and I did start watching season 1 on Netflix a while back, but didn't get past the doubleheader opening) ...

Currently, in season 2 of Succession and after that I've still got the last season of The Deuce, all of Deadwood, seasons 3+ of Better Call Saul, seasons 2+ of Stranger Things, season 3 of Fargo ... the list goes on and on :) and I've still got the last 4 episodes of season 2 Discovery to go.

My partner doesn't like sci-fi much and I don't have much time outside of 1-2 hrs in the evening (after the kids go to sleep) to watch TV, read books, document/analyse data from wildlife transects I walk etc. etc. so she has a big say in what we watch when we do watch something ...

That's why I haven't finished Discovery :) ... I watch that when she goes out for drinks with her friends and I stay home to take care of the kids ... she hasn't gone out by herself with friends in a while.
    I expect the same will be the case with Picard ... I do have Amazon Prime (I think it will be on that here when it comes out), so we'll see, I like what I've seen in the trailers ...