Home The Bridge
Options

Updates for Honor Hall and Gauntlet

13»

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can't possibly be that difficult to update the honor hall and gauntlet at this point. characters are being created anyway, and it has to be less work than coming up with a story in an event for a character.

I propose:

Honor Hall : Kamin
    Gauntlet : K'mpec

No enthusiasm for K'mpec but Kamin in the Honor Hall seems (potentially) fantastic. That could be the first one to get me to cash in my honor.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It still takes an artist to draw the character and a designer to design all 40 recipes.

True enough, but I guess this invites the question of whether it would be of value to create new crew for the Gauntlet and Honor Hall for the purpose of injecting those stale sections of the game with some new life. On the art side, new 5*'s don't require any more work than any of the periodic new threshold 2*'s or rank 3*'s that get peppered into the rewards tables. That just leaves the recipes, which admittedly are more demanding. Still, unlike events, this wouldn't be a weekly demand. It seems reasonable.
    The question is what revenue do they get from a new gauntlet or honor hall character? Will people spend more DIL or even more Merits to keep streaks going for a new gauntlet character? What does a player spending 100k honor on an honor hall crew mean for spending DIL or dollars on other things?

That's TP's problem to resolve, not ours.
  • Options
    it can't possibly be that difficult to update the honor hall and gauntlet at this point. characters are being created anyway, and it has to be less work than coming up with a story in an event for a character.

I propose:

Second
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I propose:

It still takes an artist to draw the character and a designer to design all 40 recipes. The question is what revenue do they get from a new gauntlet or honor hall character? Will people spend more DIL or even more Merits to keep streaks going for a new gauntlet character? What does a player spending 100k honor on an honor hall crew mean for spending DIL or dollars on other things?

This! I can totally see, that it‘s not their top priority and i doubt many players will quit or reduce spending because there isn t an update for Honor Hall and Gauntlet.

Honor Hall, i bother zero(havn t bought any 5* Honor Hall Crew and i still live and do fine), for gauntlet i d like to see a new crew, but even more i d prefer to see gauntlet crew leg beholds, so i can pick between 3 random gauntlet legendaries. 🙂

I second everything you said here. Except I bought Captain Beverly. A behold for gauntlet legendaries would be fantastic

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've mentioned this in another thread before, but I would like to see the gauntlet gold rotated every day at random to a generic pool of the older golds (2016-17).
    So occasionally it will be gauntlet exclusive, sometimes just an older gold.

Also, maybe introduce some gauntlet purples, with a higher drop chance (and guaranteed if you rank 1) which can rotate around older purple crew and some purple gauntlet exclusive crew.

A) gives more airtime to older golds.
    B) more incentive to win
    C) allows people to decide if they want to play that gauntlet or not

Oh, and remove trainers. I came 11th once, and 5/7 chests contained blue trainers.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    I think I've mentioned this in another thread before, but I would like to see the gauntlet gold rotated every day at random to a generic pool of the older golds (2016-17).

Also, maybe introduce some gauntlet purples, with a higher drop chance (and guaranteed if you rank 1) which can rotate around older purple crew and some purple gauntlet exclusive crew.

B) more incentive to win

Oh, and remove trainers. I came 11th once, and 5/7 chests contained blue trainers.

I like this idea a lot!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

B) more incentive to win

The desire by people to flood their rosters with useless old 1/5 crew continues to amaze me.

And the more you dilute the gauntlet pool the harder it will be to FF gauntlet crew.

Gauntlet beholds would at least let you pick which crew you want.

I'd also like to see the featured crew rotated more often and then kept out of gauntlet for a while. That way we can avoid the walls of locutus, caretaker, and armus that we see.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play gauntlet to maximize the 3, 6, 9, etc streaks. I've done fairly well. I have at least two stars on each gauntlet crew. But I've not earned multiples of any of them. I haven't had a gold from gauntlet in six months, it seems. (A long time, anyway.) I don't know how people are earning 14 Armus. I suspect most players don't even do as well as I have. Adding random old crew would not be welcome. A new crew would not be bad, but I don't care for one. Gauntlet beholds would be nice.
  • Options

B) more incentive to win

Top 10 never gets trainers
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

B) more incentive to win

Bwahahahahaha! You're funny. Or just very very very very lucky! I get top 10 all the time, and ALWAYS get trainers in one of those stinking loot boxes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭

And unless you rank 1, you don't get as many things to open.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

B) more incentive to win

The desire by people to flood their rosters with useless old 1/5 crew continues to amaze me.

And the more you dilute the gauntlet pool the harder it will be to FF gauntlet crew.

I'd also like to see the featured crew rotated more often and then kept out of gauntlet for a while. That way we can avoid the walls of locutus, caretaker, and armus that we see.

Some of us already have old crew that are partially fused that we’d like to finish off without citations, whether to fill a collection or for some other reason.

Given how many people have multiple FF copies of gauntlet special crew, it seems the opposite problem is true. Yes, there are plenty of us that can’t seem to get a single copy, never mind an FF version (although my second Armus is nearly immortal and I decided to jettison the first star of a second Caretaker, my Locutus is still only 4/5* my and Guinan has languished at 2/5* since before she was replaced by the Caretaker)...gauntlet special crew beholds would fix this.

I’m curious as to what “kept out of the gauntlet” means...because it sounds like players would be barred from using one or more of the four special crew, which would just create walls of the next best option in the majority of player’s crews. It seems to me that a more elegant solution would be the “negative trait” concept some of us have discussed over the years:

-In addition to three traits that increase the chance of a critical hit, have one to three traits that have a negative effect.
    -Whether this is a simple reduction in the critical hit chance or introduces the possibility for critical failures, I don’t know.

And some new trios of traits for bonuses would help shake things up. Maybe tailor them around more 4* crew? I know Doc Crusher and Marshal of France Q both have gauntlets where they get 65% crit chances, why not introduce some more that can help break those Locutus/Caretaker/Armus walls down?
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I also like the idea of gauntlet exclusive beholds, but I don't think it would really solve the issue. There will just be a lot more players who will have all 4 of them at 5/5* and then start to build a dupe of a specific one. Once they're done with that the gauntlet becomes boring again.

Instead, why not having beholds with one gauntlet exclusive crew and two other legendaries? Or two gauntlet exclusives and one other legendary?

I know that the results vary a lot from player to player, but from what I've heard, for those who play competitively there's about one legendary drop a month (and it was that way for me when I was still going for a top 10 rank in every gauntlet). So beholds instead of a straight drop and one or two not gauntlet exclusive options in them wouldn't break the game.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

B) more incentive to win

Some of us already have old crew that are partially fused that we’d like to finish off without citations, whether to fill a collection or for some other reason.

Given how many people have multiple FF copies of gauntlet special crew, it seems the opposite problem is true. Yes, there are plenty of us that can’t seem to get a single copy, never mind an FF version (although my second Armus is nearly immortal and I decided to jettison the first star of a second Caretaker, my Locutus is still only 4/5* my and Guinan has languished at 2/5* since before she was replaced by the Caretaker)...gauntlet special crew beholds would fix this.

I’m curious as to what “kept out of the gauntlet” means...because it sounds like players would be barred from using one or more of the four special crew, which would just create walls of the next best option in the majority of player’s crews. It seems to me that a more elegant solution would be the “negative trait” concept some of us have discussed over the years:

-In addition to three traits that increase the chance of a critical hit, have one to three traits that have a negative effect.
    -Whether this is a simple reduction in the critical hit chance or introduces the possibility for critical failures, I don’t know.

And some new trios of traits for bonuses would help shake things up. Maybe tailor them around more 4* crew? I know Doc Crusher and Marshal of France Q both have gauntlets where they get 65% crit chances, why not introduce some more that can help break those Locutus/Caretaker/Armus walls down?

I meant not available as a reward.

Example:
    Jan: A new CMD/ENG gauntlet crew is added.
    Apr: The CMD/ENG crew is no longer a reward and a SEC/MED crew is added.
    Jul: SEC/MED removed and SCI/CMD is added
    Oct: SCI/CMD removed and ENG/DIP added
    Jan: ENG/DIP removed, MED/CMD added, and original CMD/ENG is added back as a legacy reward option
    Apr: MED/CMD removed, DIP/SEC added, and original SEC/MED added back as a legacy reward option.

So a crew is the featured crew for 3 month, then has 9 months with no way to earn the crew, and then the crew is added back into the gauntlet reward pool with the older rewards(locutus, guinan, etc...) Just like event/Tue crew. They are available for a brief period of time, then there is no way to earn them, and then eventually they are easier to obtain.

That way you only have a 3 month window to earn the new crew. Some players will be lucky and get the crew, but others will miss out. The result is you won't see a wall of the new crew because not all players will have the crew initially. A year later when the crew is added back there will be enough variety in crew options that everyone won't be choosing the same crew because they can't put all of them on their gauntlet roster at the same time.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

B) more incentive to win

I meant not available as a reward.

Example:
    Jan: A new CMD/ENG gauntlet crew is added.
    Apr: The CMD/ENG crew is no longer a reward and a SEC/MED crew is added.
    Jul: SEC/MED removed and SCI/CMD is added
    Oct: SCI/CMD removed and ENG/DIP added
    Jan: ENG/DIP removed, MED/CMD added, and original CMD/ENG is added back as a legacy reward option
    Apr: MED/CMD removed, DIP/SEC added, and original SEC/MED added back as a legacy reward option.

So a crew is the featured crew for 3 month, then has 9 months with no way to earn the crew, and then the crew is added back into the gauntlet reward pool with the older rewards(locutus, guinan, etc...) Just like event/Tue crew. They are available for a brief period of time, then there is no way to earn them, and then eventually they are easier to obtain.

That way you only have a 3 month window to earn the new crew. Some players will be lucky and get the crew, but others will miss out. The result is you won't see a wall of the new crew because not all players will have the crew initially. A year later when the crew is added back there will be enough variety in crew options that everyone won't be choosing the same crew because they can't put all of them on their gauntlet roster at the same time.

That’s an idea I can get behind.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Instead, why not having beholds with one gauntlet exclusive crew and two other legendaries? Or two gauntlet exclusives and one other legendary?

I know that the results vary a lot from player to player, but from what I've heard, for those who play competitively there's about one legendary drop a month (and it was that way for me when I was still going for a top 10 rank in every gauntlet). So beholds instead of a straight drop and one or two not gauntlet exclusive options in them wouldn't break the game.

This idea I really like, the one with 2 gauntlet crew and 1 other more than the other way around.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Hemlock MartinisHemlock Martinis ✭✭✭✭
    If we ever get another Honor Hall/Gauntlet crew, my only request is that they have an absolutely phenomenal ENG proficiency score and good enough secondary and tertiary proficiency scores to be Gauntlet competitive. I'm planning on updating my January post about the ENG proficiency drought in June, but not much has changed and it's still a big problem. Ira Graves, Henry Starling, Arturis, and Emory Erickson would all be excellent choices.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice addition to the honor hall for the gauntlet would be the Metron. I cannot see the Metron being used anywhere else in the game and being used by the Gauntlet would definitely help Q imo
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got this match and I think it illustrates perfectly the problem with ENG:

eoxm6kjvuupn.jpg
    chnjf4054lj6.jpg

It also illustrates how dominant Locutus's DIP is, though that isn't an insurmountable problem with any other combination.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I completely support new gauntlet and honor hall crew. Long overdue.

I wouldnt mind a revamp of gauntlet rewards either
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    @TP, if you're not going to come out with new gauntlet crew anytime soon, please rotate the existing ones. Locutus was only the primary character for four months. Make him the primary character again. Please and thank you.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unreal how long the honor hall update is taking... seriously. I knew it was a slow process but it's even still getting surprising how stagnant the honor hall is... at least gauntlet gives you a chance to roll the other characters
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    We already have a great ENG Gauntlet crew from Gauntlet itself in the Caretaker, but ENG is still an extremely lacking skill in terms of high proficiency (I think someone has a thread about that here somewhere). Honor Hall is a great spot for that.

Yes, I'm sure they never said they would update it at all, let alone regularly. But it sure would be nice. I think I might be happy with it never updating if we had at least one strong gauntlet worthy crew for each skill (Capt Beverly isn't all that great, but, at least she's MED vs Kahless CMD).

Considering how many new crew are released each week, it's clearly not that hard of a process. Unfortunately, I think it's as others have mentioned before, with there being very little to no financial benefit for DB. Not that they directly perceive with their hallowed, almighty metrics anyway. They aren't considering that good new crew that are relatively easy to access boost interest in the game (spending honor in the hall, or getting a gauntlet jackpot), and thus spending in different ways.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you were too lazy to read the-timelines-talks-wednesday-stream thread, it was mentioned in the interview yesterday: "a new gauntlet character is coming very very soon."
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Great, so there's that. I took that part of the stream to mean gauntlet jackpot character, and not just a character worthy of gauntlet use.

So if that pans out, now WRG, how about that Honor Hall?
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    How about ‘Transporter Chief O’Brien’ for the honor hall 2*
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about ‘Transporter Chief O’Brien’ for the honor hall 2*

How about they adjust the price for 2* crew in the honor hall before adding a new one? EMH is the only 2* I don't have FF because I refuse to pay the honor price they charge.