Home The Bridge
Options

Updates for Honor Hall and Gauntlet

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m starting to think that having no more Honor Hall-specific crew (while moving Kahless and Captain Beverly to the general portal pool) is really the way to go. By now, people who spent the extra 100k on get Kahless and Cap’n Bev shouldn’t be too mad if both are made available to everyone - there has been a long period exclusivity to enjoy and, given the drop rates, it’s not like there will be massive walls of either character in the gauntlet any time soon. Same goes for Stargazer Picard and the EMH.

As for a new gauntlet crew, TNG and Voyager have dominated the gauntlet special crew this far and if we go with a MED-primary crew I would think there are plenty of good options in both DS9 and TOS. Doctor M’Benga, Cordrazine McCoy, Surgeon Bashir...heck, we could even have a MED/SEC/SCI Mycelial Culber (M’Benga would be my personal choice).

If it went to COM instead of MED, there’s Dress Uniform Kirk, Veteran Sisko (looking through the sights of a phaser rifle in Siege of AR-558), or maybe a new Dukat that would work real nice. Again, if we include Disco in that list it could be Away Team Pike (with that black body armor) or even Head-Spikes Saru (on account of his newfound confidence) that gets the nod.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    My solution to the 1/5 problem is to cash in the ones I don't want for personal reasons, need for voyages/shuttles, or require for Collections for 550 Honor. Just this week I airlocked a Smitten Jean-Luc Picard I got from a pack and the Little John Riker I won for 1,100 Honor, which helped get me the 50K Honor I needed to get a 4th star for North Star Tucker. 1/5 crew are not a liability, they are an opportunity.

You are right on my friend. And I will add to it that keeping all those 1/5s that will never amount to anything or do anything costs you ALOT of dilithium in the long run in buying crew slots. They get up to what? 3,000 dilithium to buy 5? Seriously? People really do that?

nju1svxsruok.jpeg

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    My solution to the 1/5 problem is to cash in the ones I don't want for personal reasons, need for voyages/shuttles, or require for Collections for 550 Honor. Just this week I airlocked a Smitten Jean-Luc Picard I got from a pack and the Little John Riker I won for 1,100 Honor, which helped get me the 50K Honor I needed to get a 4th star for North Star Tucker. 1/5 crew are not a liability, they are an opportunity.

You are right on my friend. And I will add to it that keeping all those 1/5s that will never amount to anything or do anything costs you ALOT of dilithium in the long run in buying crew slots. They get up to what? 3,000 dilithium to buy 5? Seriously? People really do that?

nju1svxsruok.jpeg

I know I don't ... have less crew slots than that but still with around 40 open. :) Comes down to just not ranking in each and every event (see the current event) ... and I almost always add stars in 5* beholds, no matter what ... keeps the number of 1/5s down nicely ...

It also helps that I only get to do about 1 10x Premium pull a week I guess ... so even if I wanted to airlock 5* crew I'd still only get a chance to do so once every blue moon (see my posts for event pulls, must have some of the worst luck compared with what others post - my last 5* behold was during the One Step Behind event, the threshold pull ... that's over a month ago).

But if they add a new 5* ... not bothered if it is either gauntlet or honor hall:
    - Gauntlet ... that crew will eventually get immortalised ... nice.
    - Honor Hall ... someone I don't really need to think about, as I've not purchased the 5*s there anyway.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    his only value to me was as an Honor Piñata

"Honor Piñata" needs to be worked into more comments on this message board. Nice! :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also just to add RE: 1/5s even if I was brutal and only looked at my prioritised legendaries, I have:

28 1/5s (112 citations), 9 2/5s (27 Citations) and 5 3/5s (10 Citations) that are important, a grand total of - 149.

0tbfuda8kcg5.png
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    As I continue to advance in the game with more crew, mostly weekly Golds from either Event or Tuesday pulls, I have actually started vaulting a few of my golds to make space.

I have 56 active purples (only missing 3 from the collective) out of 265 crew slots. The rest are golds. (+4 golds in the freezer)

As for Gauntlet, I think @Dirk Gunderson might have a point with dumping the Honor Hall specific crew idea. I got Capt. Beverly when she first showed up (at the time I was sorrily lacking good MED crew), and now that it has been so long, Kahless isn't worth 100K, so I won't get him unless he ends up in the main pool. It would have to be a pretty interesting crew for me to even think about forking over 100K honor at this point. I constantly beat him Gauntlet anyway.

I do, however, believe there is still some merit in adding Gauntlet specific crew, if they keep it up, and if DB comes through with their plan to revamp the Gauntlet. If they didn't, then I would say, start adding various other Gold crew from time to time in the gauntlet, maybe once a month.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I continue to advance in the game with more crew, mostly weekly Golds from either Event or Tuesday pulls, I have actually started vaulting a few of my golds to make space.

I have 56 active purples (only missing 3 from the collective) out of 265 crew slots. The rest are golds. (+4 golds in the freezer)

As for Gauntlet, I think @Dirk Gunderson might have a point with dumping the Honor Hall specific crew idea. I got Capt. Beverly when she first showed up (at the time I was sorrily lacking good MED crew), and now that it has been so long, Kahless isn't worth 100K, so I won't get him unless he ends up in the main pool. It would have to be a pretty interesting crew for me to even think about forking over 100K honor at this point. I constantly beat him Gauntlet anyway.

I do, however, believe there is still some merit in adding Gauntlet specific crew, if they keep it up, and if DB comes through with their plan to revamp the Gauntlet. If they didn't, then I would say, start adding various other Gold crew from time to time in the gauntlet, maybe once a month.

The funny thing is I'm more tempted by Kahless now than when he was first announced. He wouldn't be a big enough improvement for gauntlet to be worth the 100k, but I keep looking for a CMD crew to cite to improve my voyages. I have no one I'm really excited about on my roster, I haven't seen someone good drop from a begold, and there haven't been any event 5* that would help either. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but at some point I might decide dropping 300k for Kahless is worth it over 200k on a weaker crew and 100k on a second crew.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I wish DB would give official answers to threads like this, even if the answer is "no plans, stop asking"... It's aggravating to see so many players in on a thread that we KNOW a moderators seen with no replies

AND whose job it is to actually do that

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I was thinking of another good gauntlet or honor hall card might be Interfaced McCoy. MED/ENG/SCI
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Utterly shameless bump. Hi DB.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Hi DB.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    0fze6qfvpvr2.png

Beverly Picard does help a lot on my voyages though, she and the caretaker and some others made it possible for me to finally get a 10h 22m forecast (and that with only a Level 8 ship and the trait bonus) for an ENG-MED voyage. Never had abover 10 hours ever.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I wonder what the reaction will be if DB announces a new honor hall crew right after these honor sales end and everyone clears out their honor surplus.

We can only hope! :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the reaction will be if DB announces a new honor hall crew right after these honor sales end and everyone clears out their honor surplus.

If that's what it takes, I'll go into the red :) I !like having more options available, even if a majority doesn't want to use their honor that way. That's what makes an option an option.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭

Which is 100% why I will cling to a minimum of 100k honor and 4 cites and they will not be used until either the honor hall is updated, or I die and the stuff is pried out of my cold, dead hands. If a new honor hall crew **tsk tsk**, ok fine, I at least want to have the option of obtaining them in case they actually are decent.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Honor Hall crew does not create revenue. Gauntlet crew, probably not so much either. Maybe thats 1 reason, no new crew has been added, yet.

Progress creates revenue. When there are no new collections, no gauntlet updates, no honor hall updates, nothing new for months and months except a buggy UI update that breaks one of the few event types we have, my spending drops and so does my confidence in the game's longevity.

Now flashbacks and re-runs with nothing to show for the extra dev time... Maybe things get back on track, probably things get back on track, but when the breadcrumbs of progress and a healthy game like updates to the game systems that they themselves introduced halt, so does my spending and I mention the same to others when the topic arises.

The gameplay already has the depth of a kiddie pool - it doesn't take much to keep us happy. It's not too much to expect them to keep up with the precedent they've set.

TOTALLY AGREE.

I'm ok with reruns (gives non-whales a chance to boost their golds) but it would seem rather easy to schedule new Honor Hall and Gauntlet crew. They could even stagger them: new HH crew this month with another in six months, but three months from now a new G crew with another in six months. Keeps it fresh
  • Options
    I'd be cool with it if they dedicated a rotating slot in the Honor Hall for older 5*'s. Maybe change them out quarterly. That should be sufficient time to raise enough Honor to buy them if interested, and it would give us a whack at four different crew throughout the year. Stick to a limit of one, but they absolutely should not cost 100k. I'd be comfortable forking over 50k for a 5* old enough to be in the Time Portal and 75k for one who hasn't yet been added.

+1 on this
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Great, so, now that DB has hawked STT to WRG, maybe we can get this looked at?

Near the end of this month, Armus as the gauntlet jackpot will be up to 16 months.
    This Friday, Captain Beverly will have been in the Honor Hall for 2 years.

TP/WRG, anything to share? (mostly rhetorical, I'm sure it'll be mums-the-word until they're ready).

On the gauntlet note, adding the secondary jackpot chance is great. But, can we get a behold mechanism for gauntlet jackpots? I have a fleetmate who is up to 19 copies of armus (3 x 5/5, and a 4/5). The primary jackpot drop could always have the featured crew taking a slot, and the other two slots randomized to the older gauntlet jackpots. The secondary jackpot chance could have all three slots random.

That's just a nice to have. The important part is a fresh gauntlet crew and an addition to the Hall.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If you have multiple Armus characters, it is Armi for the plural? lol

It would be nice if changes were made to both the honor hall and Gauntlet. It is starting to feel like our quest for new characters in the honor hall and Gauntlet is akin to Voyager’s mission to return home from the Delta Quadrant. I just hope it doesn’t take several years...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 9 copies of Armus, I am ready for someone new as well.

Since I'm posting about this, I'll throw out a suggestion (because that will be the deciding factor, lol)
    TOS Harry Mudd for gauntlet and Tribble Piled Kirk for honor hall.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

Since I'm posting about this, I'll throw out a suggestion (because that will be the deciding factor, lol)

If TP could somehow change the minds of Roger C. Carmel’s family when it comes to granting rights to his likeness, I know I would go all out to get him. Maybe even to the point of spending dilithium in the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be mad at some new 2-part Voyage exclusives, either, while we're at it.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be mad at some new 2-part Voyage exclusives, either, while we're at it.
    DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY AND NEVER, EVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

If TP could somehow change the minds of Roger C. Carmel’s family when it comes to granting rights to his likeness, I know I would go all out to get him. Maybe even to the point of spending dilithium in the gauntlet.

Pretty sure they could if they want to. Question is, is his character worth a license fee like between 5-10k? Probably not. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can't possibly be that difficult to update the honor hall and gauntlet at this point. characters are being created anyway, and it has to be less work than coming up with a story in an event for a character.

I propose:

Honor Hall : Kamin
    Gauntlet : K'mpec
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can't possibly be that difficult to update the honor hall and gauntlet at this point. characters are being created anyway, and it has to be less work than coming up with a story in an event for a character.

I propose:

Honor Hall : Kamin
    Gauntlet : K'mpec

It still takes an artist to draw the character and a designer to design all 40 recipes. The question is what revenue do they get from a new gauntlet or honor hall character? Will people spend more DIL or even more Merits to keep streaks going for a new gauntlet character? What does a player spending 100k honor on an honor hall crew mean for spending DIL or dollars on other things?