Home The Bridge
Options

Rating prompt

are_dub [ET]are_dub [ET] ✭✭
edited November 2019 in The Bridge
So now we have to get this interruption multiple times during game play?
ahukeqi7s0ot.png

Edited the title for clarity. ~Shan

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the title I was assuming another bad beat gauntlet post
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm actually surprised this wasn't part of the game already. I suppose the annoyance factor will be determined by its frequency of appearance.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be: Rate us and get 100 free dilithium. 1 time only. :)

Brilliant!!

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rated it 5 stars over a year ago, with interest that would be closer to 200 dilithium for me!
  • Options
    Maybe the new anti Macro pop up? :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    It should be: Rate us and get 100 free dilithium. 1 time only. :)

Some type of reward wouldn't be bad for advertising for them.
  • Options
    I've played since VIP0 couldn't warp at all and events didn't happen every weekend. I've either already rated it by now or I'm not going to rate it. Seeing this multiple times isn't going to change what has already happened.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    There should be limits on how many times an app can ask for a rating, on iOS it’s 3 times per year, for instance. And on Android there should be the option to never ask again.

Sadly enough, offering incentives to users to rate an app is usually against the policies, so there could be no free dil :(
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There's one golden rule when you want something from me: don't p*ss me off. I'll give DB the benefit of the doubt and a few weeks to fix the lack of "don't ask me ever again" option, if not, a glorious one star review is coming eventually when I get tired of it.

That would be a good opportunity to also add this to daily deals and DYC.

Edit:
    Vesmer wrote: »
    Sadly enough, offering incentives to users to rate an app is usually against the policies, so there could be no free dil :(

Apps usually circumvent the restriction by offering something for clicking a link to the review page without asking for a rating directly. You get something whether you rate it or not.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess what I find confusing is the choice to use Quark and Q, both very popular characters, to stand guard on either side. It feels like both extremes are 5 stars! Maybe have AEC on the 1 star side so people will know :p
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen it yet? Does it pop up randomly or just at restarts?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I haven’t seen it yet? Does it pop up randomly or just at restarts?

It is only on Windows and Android so far.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    On Nov 13 we got an in game mail/msg about the new version 7.3 rollout. That notice included the information about this “rate this app” addition. This version has not been rolled out to all players yet but everyone should be expecting it.
  • Options
    SSR/ElleSSR/Elle
    edited November 2019
    Shan, I received it twice today (hardly extreme) and both times the text on the buttons could not be seen.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got the update and this rating popped up within 10 minutes of me restarting the game.

I sincerely hope this self-serving feature wasn't part of the incredibly urgent recent QoL updates...
  • Options
    I don't understand why I'm getting the popup despite having already given the game a rating years ago.
  • Options
    In an effort to partake of the sillyness going on and stay on topic with this thread..... Really, people can't give threads more descriptive names... I mean I've done some sort of vague titles but, Really?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an effort to partake of the sillyness going on and stay on topic with this thread..... Really, people can't give threads more descriptive names... I mean I've done some sort of vague titles but, Really?

So many games have a rating mechanism. I think this is actually the most on-topic post in the thread.

But I forgot about the timing of Take Me Out to the Holosuite episode. It was an otherwise good episode that really was kind of a fail because of the timing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click a button and return to the game. It's really not worth stressing over.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSR/Elle wrote: »
    Shan, I received it twice today (hardly extreme) and both times the text on the buttons could not be seen.

What device are you playing on?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Android

1o2ylntjnang.jpg

-EDIT-

Posted because the two buttons have no text
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Android

1o2ylntjnang.jpg

-EDIT-

Posted because the two buttons have no text

Thank you for the screenshot.
    It is not on all android devices though as I had text on my end so could you give more details like your exact device and android version please?