Home The Bridge
Options

Shy Question About Quinn

2»

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    This thread made me learn something about my crew. I learned I have many crew with Dip/Sec, but almost all of them have either high Dip and low Sec, or high Sec and low Dip. This represents a hole in my voyage coverage, and one I only figured out because of this thread.

Quinn based on my research is the second best Dip+Sec voyager in the game, and has moved up significantly on my citation list as a result.

What about Leland? He is pretty good dip and sec.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me learn something about my crew. I learned I have many crew with Dip/Sec, but almost all of them have either high Dip and low Sec, or high Sec and low Dip. This represents a hole in my voyage coverage, and one I only figured out because of this thread.

Quinn based on my research is the second best Dip+Sec voyager in the game, and has moved up significantly on my citation list as a result.

What about Leland? He is pretty good dip and sec.

Definitely worth looking into, now that I am aware of this hole in my team, I'll consider all options. With regard to Leland, maybe it makes sense to get him to 5/5. All I know for sure is that at 4/5 he has not once been better than Quinn at 3/5 for me, but I haven't fully researched this yet.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, here are the numbers for both. I took the numbers from the wiki, both are the 5/5 level 100 stats with no bonuses applied. Displaying base score, proficiency, then voyage value.

Covert Operative Leland:
    COM: 369 (163-346) 624
    DIP: 880 (209-376) 1,173
    SEC: 1,061 (279-572) 1,487

Quinn:
    COM: 513 (91-197) 657
    DIP: 1,288 (202-405) 1,592
    SEC: 1,055 (115-240) 1,233

Quinn appears to be significantly better. His voyage numbers are higher, and his shuttle numbers are much higher. Of course, I'm tired and I rushed, so my numbers may be wrong.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, here are the numbers for both. I took the numbers from the wiki, both are the 5/5 level 100 stats with no bonuses applied. Displaying base score, proficiency, then voyage value.

Covert Operative Leland:
    COM: 369 (163-346) 624
    DIP: 880 (209-376) 1,173
    SEC: 1,061 (279-572) 1,487

Quinn:
    COM: 513 (91-197) 657
    DIP: 1,288 (202-405) 1,592
    SEC: 1,055 (115-240) 1,233

Quinn appears to be significantly better. His voyage numbers are higher, and his shuttle numbers are much higher. Of course, I'm tired and I rushed, so my numbers may be wrong.

As tired as I am - I caught a bug of some kind and am using the forum to distract myself from the urge to ralph - those numbers look right to me. So now that a 5/5* Quinn would definitely be your best DIP/SEC option, who is currently second best and would an extra star on Leland make him better than your #2 DIP/SEC voyager? Would he at least be better than your #3 and #4 options? There are four seats on every voyage that are intended for those skills and it makes sense to me to fill each one with your best crew.

This was my philosophy behind citing Imprinted Archer; while his overall voyage score is a bit on the weak side, he fills that fourth seat on an ENG/MED voyage alongside White Rabbit, Leonardo, and the Banjoman. It frees me up to better juggle crew in the other seats (chiefly DIP and SCI, thanks to a wealth of MED/DIP and ENG/SCI crew) to optimize skills and traits.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Leland at 5/5 would probably be my best second option, especially since he is 4/5 already.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Leland at 5/5 would probably be my best second option, especially since he is 4/5 already.

I don’t know—I only have 9 legendaries FF, including Leland, and he’s pretty useless except for when he’s bonus crew.

Sure, he sometimes makes his way into Voyages and shuttles, but not on a daily basis by any means. I regret wasting a citation on Leland.

Whereas Quinn is always on my Voyages and shuttles. IMHO I’d just start to fuse up the much better character in Quinn.

Your advice of fusing the slightly lesser 4/5 is something I agree with and do most of the time, but for some reason, Leland doesn’t move the needle for me very much at all.

Just thought I’d share my experience for a slightly different perspective for OP.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know—I only have 9 legendaries FF, including Leland, and he’s pretty useless except for when he’s bonus crew.

Sure, he sometimes makes his way into Voyages and shuttles, but not on a daily basis by any means. I regret wasting a citation on Leland.

Whereas Quinn is always on my Voyages and shuttles. IMHO I’d just start to fuse up the much better character in Quinn.

Your advice of fusing the slightly lesser 4/5 is something I agree with and do most of the time, but for some reason, Leland doesn’t move the needle for me very much at all.

Just thought I’d share my experience for a slightly different perspective for OP.

Completely agree, the idea of working on Leland only came up in reference as to who else to work on in this pairing after inmortalizing Quinn.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wait till we find out who is next campaign and bonus crew for netx mega then make citation decisions with full knowledge.

This is the best advice on this thread. Wait until we know the outlook for the next month. Then make your decisions. I'm sitting on 2 legendary citations and over 100k honor for just this reason.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    For anyone reading this who does not have Quinn already, do not forget to have a double your rewards advertisement ready and save 50,000 honor by securing 2 copies of Quinn right away.

I forgot that was why my Quinn is 2/5 despite being a locked node exclusive! If we get an Honor Hall sale as we did last year, 5* citations would be reduced in price to 27500 I think. Combine the ad with the sale and you can get Quinn to 5/5 for the price of 1½ 5* citations. Just something else to consider.

However, you may want discounted citations for someone else, and they may run a different sale (or none at all).

...wasn't that discount for begolds, not cites?

Ack! I remember now that I used the beholds as de facto citations and that's how I added stars. So unless Quinn gets inexplicably added to the portal in the next few weeks and you get obscenely lucky, that probably isn't gonna work. Also, I think I'd be resentful if I got that lucky and it was squandered on this game (no offense, game). It would be exciting in the moment, but then I'd think of all the myriad other ways I'd rather have applied that kind of luck.