Home The Bridge
Options

Shy Question About Quinn

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
Since he was an episode-exclusive legendary, is he considered unique enough to never be included in the time portal just like the four gauntlet heroes and the two honor hall legendaries? If so, I'd cite him since he's an excellent voyager and a strong DIP shuttler.
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes at present he is not available in the Portal.
  • Options
    But it's possible for the future that they might add him to some themed packs like they did before with Locutus when he was in the Borg pack.
    Level 84
    65 x 5* immortal
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I believe episode exclusive characters will all end up in the portal eventually.

The only 5* not going into portals are the Gauntlet (Guinan, Caretaker, Armus, Locutus) and Honor Hall (Kahless and Cap Beverly)
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would never say never about a card being offered in the portal at some point.
    At this time, Mejoyh is correct. However, DB makes changes to the game that are not expected. Example: older gauntlet crew that had been replaced and were no longer available, are now avail again in the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect to see Quinn in the portal at some point. Prince Bashir was created as an homage to a shuttered game, and he's in the portal. Other "episode-reward" crew are also in the portal (Mirror Garak, Commander Tomalak, Colonel Karr, Weyoun Clone 4), so I see no reason why Quinn wouldn't be added too.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he has been in Q packs though.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    At some point, I bet he will be added to the portal. However, even if that happens, cite whomever you want. Have fun with it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, he would most likely be my top DIP or at least Top 3 for sure. However, I usually never cite cards outside of gauntlet, honor hall or voyage of whom I know they don't show up more than once (voyages at least not the 3-part dilemma ones without a huge amount of luck, still didn't get Worf, Picard or McCoy, only got Fierce Guinan because of the 1000 dilemma achievement).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I would wait till we find out who is next campaign and bonus crew for netx mega then make citation decisions with full knowledge.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would wait till we find out who is next campaign and bonus crew for netx mega then make citation decisions with full knowledge.

Apollo using that logic stuff... Just roll the dice and take a ride on the hot-mess express! lol. Always more entertaining!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely endorse this move!
  • Options

Apollo using that logic stuff... Just roll the dice and take a ride on the hot-mess express! lol. Always more entertaining!

Hehe, I did use honor to add the final star to my Ba'ul two days ago. I wanted him 5 stars and finally had the honor for it and a voyage he was needed on.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I FF’d Quinn. At the time, I didn’t have a really strong DIP Voyager. He is one of the best and almost always makes my Voyages. If he’s not doing that, he can do daily shuttle duty. He gets lots of use.

I don’t think there’s a guarantee either way as to whether he goes in the portal or not. You might want to wait and see if you have other crew you know you want to FF. But if you need his skills, I’d say to do it right now. Even if Quinn does get in the portal later, you’ll be waiting around forever to pull copies, especially with how bloated the legendary pool would be then. Even if he does get in the portal, you could be realistically looking at 9 months + from now before you get him FF. IMHO if he’s a crew you really want, that’s too long to wait.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a coin toss but you shouldn't be afraid of citing crew that is in the portal, there are way too many to ever get duplicates unless you're a big spender.
  • Options
    Is Quinn really worth fusing to 5/5?
    I have him 2/5 and Level 100 since the beginning and never used him, no shuttle and no voyage because there are sooo many Folks with DIP/SEC/CMD who are better.
    Maybe a couple times when the Q-Mega was on but that's it.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him 2/5 and Level 100 since the beginning and never used him, no shuttle and no voyage because there are sooo many Folks with DIP/SEC/CMD who are better.

Yes. He currently has the 16th highest voyage score, what appears to be a top 10 Diplomacy base score (don't feel like doing all the work to prove it, but his base Diplomacy score is very high), and he has some pretty useful traits including 'desperate', 'explorer', and 'prisoner'.

Up to each player to determine how urgently Quinn gets cited up, but I definitely believe that citing him to 5/5 is a good decision.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »

Yes. He currently has the 16th highest voyage score, what appears to be a top 10 Diplomacy base score (don't feel like doing all the work to prove it, but his base Diplomacy score is very high), and he has some pretty useful traits including 'desperate', 'explorer', and 'prisoner'.

Up to each player to determine how urgently Quinn gets cited up, but I definitely believe that citing him to 5/5 is a good decision.

Hmm, seems i use my 5/5 Grilka all the time when that combo is needed. I'm focusing on crew that are members of collections so he has to wait :s

Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, seems i use my 5/5 Grilka all the time when that combo is needed. I'm focusing on crew that are members of collections so he has to wait :s

I understand, same with me, I just know that should he get to 5/5 somehow, he will be very useful both on voyages and on shuttles.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Torias327 wrote: »
    For anyone reading this who does not have Quinn already, do not forget to have a double your rewards advertisement ready and save 50,000 honor by securing 2 copies of Quinn right away.

I forgot that was why my Quinn is 2/5 despite being a locked node exclusive! If we get an Honor Hall sale as we did last year, 5* citations would be reduced in price to 27500 I think. Combine the ad with the sale and you can get Quinn to 5/5 for the price of 1½ 5* citations. Just something else to consider.

However, you may want discounted citations for someone else, and they may run a different sale (or none at all).
    Entirely erroneous. I apparently remember absolutely nothing whatsoever about Quinn or the honor sale.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone reading this who does not have Quinn already, do not forget to have a double your rewards advertisement ready and save 50,000 honor by securing 2 copies of Quinn right away.

I forgot that was why my Quinn is 2/5 despite being a locked node exclusive! If we get an Honor Hall sale as we did last year, 5* citations would be reduced in price to 27500 I think. Combine the ad with the sale and you can get Quinn to 5/5 for the price of 1½ 5* citations. Just something else to consider.

However, you may want discounted citations for someone else, and they may run a different sale (or none at all).

...wasn't that discount for begolds, not cites?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The discounts were on begolds. Citations have never been discounted.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do a citation sale this year instead of a begold sale.
  • Options
    I hope they do a citation sale this year instead of a begold sale.

Thanks David, you just jinxed all of us. 😆
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

At the time i fused him he was the best dip/sec/cmd voyager in the game (he might still be I havent checked). While this is a common skill combo, this meant that was my first voyage skillset to consistently hit 10 hours by focusing on skills I was already near 10 hours, instead of those I'm nowhere near (like med/eng).
  • Options

At the time i fused him he was the best dip/sec/cmd voyager in the game (he might still be I havent checked). While this is a common skill combo, this meant that was my first voyage skillset to consistently hit 10 hours by focusing on skills I was already near 10 hours, instead of those I'm nowhere near (like med/eng).

Yep, he is an awesome Voyager and useful for shuttles when he’s not voyaging.

Only you can decide how important that is to you: if you are overflowing with great DIP crew maybe go in a different direction, but he is one of the very best in the game at what he does.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me learn something about my crew. I learned I have many crew with Dip/Sec, but almost all of them have either high Dip and low Sec, or high Sec and low Dip. This represents a hole in my voyage coverage, and one I only figured out because of this thread.

Quinn based on my research is the second best Dip+Sec voyager in the game, and has moved up significantly on my citation list as a result.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me learn something about my crew. I learned I have many crew with Dip/Sec, but almost all of them have either high Dip and low Sec, or high Sec and low Dip. This represents a hole in my voyage coverage, and one I only figured out because of this thread.

Quinn based on my research is the second best Dip+Sec voyager in the game, and has moved up significantly on my citation list as a result.

When I look through my crew list, the only 5* DIP/SEC or SEC/DIP crew I think I have ever purposefully worked on citing was Mirror Shukar. I’ve also managed to immortalize Mariachi Q and Rura Penthe Kirk, but they aren’t voyagers and everyone else from Quinn to Q2 to Leland sit in various states of partial fusion. There’s just so much DIP and SEC available from tertiary skills that I don’t feel like I have to worry about them as much when they’re together.

All that being said I think Quinn is on my citation list...just kinda far down, after I shore up MED/SEC, COM/ENG, and a few others.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

When I look through my crew list, the only 5* DIP/SEC or SEC/DIP crew I think I have ever purposefully worked on citing was Mirror Shukar. I’ve also managed to immortalize Mariachi Q and Rura Penthe Kirk, but they aren’t voyagers and everyone else from Quinn to Q2 to Leland sit in various states of partial fusion. There’s just so much DIP and SEC available from tertiary skills that I don’t feel like I have to worry about them as much when they’re together.

All that being said I think Quinn is on my citation list...just kinda far down, after I shore up MED/SEC, COM/ENG, and a few others.

Part of my thinking with Quinn is that at 3/5 he still finds ways to be productive for me, and those 5/5 stats are juicy!

That being said, at best he is 4th in line with my crew, so there is no urgency to cite him up, I have at least two other big holes in my voyage coverage that needs work more immediately.
  • Options
    Sat on 600k honor waiting for the sale...