Home The Bridge
Options

Outage Compensation

What should be the compensation DB offers for this current outage/problem in the middle of an event?

Comments

• Options
    Info on the mega and next campaign

That and a gold citation.....pretty sure that will make everyone happy :grin:
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take that! I’m sure they said it’s coming at the beginning of this week cuz some people get all bent out of shape when compensation is handed out while an event is going on. “Those who weren’t affected and could still play now have an unfair advantage”. To which I would totally understand. If I was pouring my resources into it and got shut out for 19 hours while others are going I’d be quite upset

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    How about something fun like 1,500 ship schematics of the player's choice?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    How about something fun like 1,500 ship schematics of the player's choice?

I’ll take that! Can I split them up so I can get some Xindi and some Breen?

• Options
    Gold citations or everyone gets a Couple of Locarnos. My event has been totally stuffed up and just glad to be able to get back in and play at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    furyd wrote: »
    Tsk, some people really show their limited imagination when demanding inflated compensation.

Where are the demands for nude snapchats from the A list celeb of your choice? Hunting DB employees on abandoned Caribbean islands? Being fed steak by Elon Musk in a dinosaur onesie? Relaxing on a private beach whilst the TNG cast hum lullabies at sunset.

If you're going to demand silly compensation, be gloriously silly about it.

But asking for a gold citation is being gloriously silly...i mean coming from DB considering how tight they hold onto the price of honor.... Right? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    The voyage revival token was good enough for me. As the rest is coming later I’d imagine maybe shuttle tokens seems likely.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on previous issues, I'm guessing some combination of honor and/or Locarno based on where you ranked.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That and a gold citation.....pretty sure that will make everyone happy :grin:

That would be really nice, but I don't know if the guys at DB want to be that generous.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will prolly bump everyone up a reward tier
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    they will prolly bump everyone up a reward tier

I think this will be the result, though relaxing on a private beach while the cast of TNG hums lullabies is quite appealing. (Thanks for the ideas, @furyd.)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the last time there was an outage during an event, they sent out MJLP's. I think we can expect to see another one for this event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Based on previous issues, I'm guessing some combination of honor and/or Locarno based on where you ranked.

No interest in a Locarno, he'd be airlock fodder or destined to remain a 1* forevermore.

If I don't get my rock bottom minimum of 2* Defiant Worf, I'll be miffed. Need another 2 to complete him and stick him in the freezer!
  • Options
    furyd wrote: »
    Tsk, some people really show their limited imagination when demanding inflated compensation.

Where are the demands for nude snapchats from the A list celeb of your choice? Hunting DB employees on abandoned Caribbean islands? Being fed steak by Elon Musk in a dinosaur onesie? Relaxing on a private beach whilst the TNG cast hum lullabies at sunset.

If you're going to demand silly compensation, be gloriously silly about it.

Pfft. You didn't even come up with relaxing on a private beach on an abandoned Caribbean island, being fed dinosaur steak by an A list celeb in a TNG onesie whilst viewing snapchats of DB employees hunting a nude Elon Musk humming lullabies at sunset. Don't scoff at anyone else's limited imagination.

(I'm fuzzy on why there's such a thing as a private beach on an abandoned Caribbean island, but everything else checks out.)
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the last time there was an outage during an event, they sent out MJLP's. I think we can expect to see another one for this event.

What about a Prisoner Katrina Cornwell for some variety?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

What about a Prisoner Katrina Cornwell for some variety?

Most of us already have her 5/5

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hmmm...

fjiou0rtecen.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Nice job DB! Appreciate the shinies!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done! :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    WOW! Now THAT is an apology!

Thanks DB

Absolutely! :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    WOW! Now THAT is an apology!

Thanks DB

Indeed! Thanks a lot DB. I guess I will need to make a long voyage rather sooner than later now, I want this citation.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that it's a glorious apology!
  • Options
    Yes, thanks. When anything goes wrong in this game, my frustrations are always muted. Because I know you do a great job of making it up to the players in the end.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is best compensation ever... thank you DB
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Thanks for the compensation. At the same time I would have preferred the voyage tokens in annother email. Or what we really want is the option to revive with dilithium or tokens.