Home The Bridge

"Bridge Crew" for the event

So according to the Mega announcement, it isn't all TOS crew that will give bonuses, only Bridge crew.

But Chapel - who isn't bridge crew, and is specifically named in addition to the Mega event crew as getting a bonus in week 1 - is listed as eligible.

Will Chapel get the bonus the whole event? Will other TOS crew not on the Bridge Crew list give a small bonus?

Poor Marla McGivers if not!
CABTools.app
Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)

Comments

• They are defining "Bridge Crew" as regular/recurring cast members. So that includes Chapel and Rand on the list even though they are not technically bridge crew of the Enterprise.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • So according to the Mega announcement, it isn't all TOS crew that will give bonuses, only Bridge crew.

But Chapel - who isn't bridge crew, and is specifically named in addition to the Mega event crew as getting a bonus in week 1 - is listed as eligible.

Will Chapel get the bonus the whole event? Will other TOS crew not on the Bridge Crew list give a small bonus?

Poor Marla McGivers if not!

Poor Lieutenants Saavik and Valeris!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    any recurring crew makes sense. i wouldn't bother getting hung up on "labels" such as bridge crew.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, those two would make sense for this event, as does Rand. Rand did serve on the Bridge as Yeoman. Saavik and Valeris both helmed the Enterprise-A at different times. McCoy and Scotty, while both stationed primarily elsewhere in the ship, were frequently on the Bridge. But I can't recall Chapel ever appearing on the Bridge.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

• Poor Lieutenants Saavik and Valeris!

Yeah, those two would make sense for this event, as does Rand. Rand did serve on the Bridge as Yeoman. Saavik and Valeris both helmed the Enterprise-A at different times. McCoy and Scotty, while both stationed primarily elsewhere in the ship, were frequently on the Bridge. But I can't recall Chapel ever appearing on the Bridge.

Outside of publicity photos, the only instance I can recall was treating Chekov in TMP. But she'd been called up from sickbay to do it; she wasn't serving on the bridge. She was probably going to become part of the Enterprise's senior staff as CMO, but then Kirk drafted McCoy and she became just another medical lackey again.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Outside of publicity photos, the only instance I can recall was treating Chekov in TMP. But she'd been called up from sickbay to do it; she wasn't serving on the bridge. She was probably going to become part of the Enterprise's senior staff as CMO, but then Kirk drafted McCoy and she became just another medical lackey again.

It would seem to only be from TOS, not movies. That's what eliminates Saavik and Valeris. And the character needs to be recurring which is why Elizabeth Dehner is not included.

So the definition of bonus crew is: "Recurring characters from TOS who served on the Enterprise as played by their original actors/actresses."

Now let's wait to see if Kevin Riley is added in the mega and if he's bonus the rest of the events.
  • Pike? He was in multiple TOS episodes, and definitely was bridge crew...
    CABTools.app
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    That's more an event balance issue rather than a lore one, the problem with the TOS bridge crew is that almost all of them are legendary, spock has two purple variants (out of 15), Chekov, McCoy and Uhura have been treated as third class crew so far given how few variants they have, and Kirk versions are quite hard to acquire since his events are typically old and don't see reruns anymore. That's why there's Chapel because without her there's basically no MED card to speak of and Rand was added because DB really needs to pump the event crew numbers for the mega.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    That's more an event balance issue rather than a lore one, the problem with the TOS bridge crew is that almost all of them are legendary, spock has two purple variants (out of 15), Chekov, McCoy and Uhura have been treated as third class crew so far given how few variants they have, and Kirk versions are quite hard to acquire since his events are typically old and don't see reruns anymore. That's why there's Chapel because without her there's basically no MED card to speak of and Rand was added because DB really needs to pump the event crew numbers for the mega.

uh ... here's an overview --- I made an overview for myself for week 2 (Faction) where crew gets 2x or 3x bonus. Disregard week 1, I just added it for completion sake for myself.
    - Green: number that is higher than my max base (more or less), not fully up-to-date.
    - Orange: number that is exceptional; i.e. defrost.
    - Grey: if the row is completely grey those crew have been defrosted/are active.

Notes
    Since the start of the year:
    - we all were able to get a "Dark Ages" McCoy copy
    - Lt. Chekov was available mid-October
    - mid-September we had the best 4* crew come out, a Kirk variant none the less (Roman Captive).
    - There have been a few Kirk events ... Romulan, Evil, etc. have all been available in 2019
    - We've also been able to get TOS Spock variants (Ambassador).
    - We all got Survivalist Kirk for free.
    - Gangster Kirk's event was a re-run in July.

lfgv179afai6.png
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...speaking of bridge crew, has anybody seen Lt. Kyle anywhere in this game? would he count as bridge crew too?

350?cb=20061129030435&path-prefix=en

On most of these, you have a point about lack of different versions. Although technically Spock has three purple variants out of 15 -- or two TOS purple variants out of 13 TOS variants (since apparently Ambassador Spock counts as a TOS variant, but Disco versions of Spock do not).

But with Kirk, I think you're being unfair to DB. Three super rare versions (Incognito, Evil, and Roman Captive) and one legendary version (Wrathful) of Kirk were added to the game in 2019. Another legendary version of Kirk (Survivalist) was gifted to us all in 2019. And another legendary version of Kirk (Gangster) was a ranked reward in a rerun this year. And in 2018 I'm pretty sure that both Romulan Kirk and Platonian Kirk were featured in re-runs. That's a lot of Kirk, and the newer Kirks are the ones with the best stats.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...speaking of bridge crew, has anybody seen Lt. Kyle anywhere in this game? would he count as bridge crew too?

He's not in the game, but like Riley, would be an interesting test of the definition for bonus crew if he gets added during the mega.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

On most of these, you have a point about lack of different versions. Although technically Spock has three purple variants out of 15 -- or two TOS purple variants out of 13 TOS variants (since apparently Ambassador Spock counts as a TOS variant, but Disco versions of Spock do not).

But with Kirk, I think you're being unfair to DB. Three super rare versions (Incognito, Evil, and Roman Captive) and one legendary version (Wrathful) of Kirk were added to the game in 2019. Another legendary version of Kirk (Survivalist) was gifted to us all in 2019. And another legendary version of Kirk (Gangster) was a ranked reward in a rerun this year. And in 2018 I'm pretty sure that both Romulan Kirk and Platonian Kirk were featured in re-runs. That's a lot of Kirk, and the newer Kirks are the ones with the best stats.

You're right, I forgot about Survivalist Kirk somehow, but still, most Kirk variants are extremely old and unlikely to be part of reruns, I never said the two new Kirks didn't exist. My point was that it's likely that few people own all the older versions since the events are so old they won't see reruns ever again, which is why it was important to add some non bridge crew to the pool, especially for MED shuttles. I don't think it's being unfair to DB to say that they made the right choice to stuff the mega crew pool because of a dire lack of variants and because of the average age of the cards.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall Chapel ever appearing on the Bridge.

the only instance I can recall was treating Chekov in TMP.

She definitely appeared on the bridge several times. Here are screencaps (again courtesy of TrekCore) I found, first from What Are Little Girls Made Of? and the other from Return To Tomorrow (which, admittedly, were both Chapel-centric episodes, but still).

b234wkw0qh5n.jpg

Oh, and by the way, I will be very disappointed if somebody doesn't do a caption contest with this shot...

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Oh, and by the way, I will be very disappointed if somebody doesn't do a caption contest with this shot...

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

"Doctor McCoy, you will take command of the Enterprise for the first day of the skirmish. Nurse Chapel, you will have the second day, and Captain Kirk, you will take over once we have surpassed the final threshold reward" :D

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Pike? He was in multiple TOS episodes, and definitely was bridge crew...

So, here's the blueprint I came up with, based on the crew who were included in the official statement (as well as the crew who were excluded). It's a mouthful: "Starfleet personnel serving on the Enterprise under Captain Kirk, whose actors had regular or recurring roles on the (TOS) television series."

Thus, no Pike nor Number One from the pre-Kirk era (Pike wasn't serving on the Enterprise under Kirk, so he doesn't qualify), no Dr. Ann Mulhall (because she wasn't recurring), and also no Arex from TAS (wrong show), and no Ilia Probe from TMP (didn't appear on the TV show).

But that breakdown in my first paragraph does get extended to include other variants of those same characters who do happen to fit that bill — even if those variants wouldn't have otherwise matched those qualifications — thus, we have Rura Penthe Kirk from ST:VI, and Talos IV Spock from Pike's era of commanding the Enterprise.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pike? He was in multiple TOS episodes, and definitely was bridge crew...

So, here's the blueprint I came up with, based on the crew who were included in the official statement (as well as the crew who were excluded). It's a mouthful: "Starfleet personnel serving on the Enterprise under Captain Kirk, whose actors had regular or recurring roles on the (TOS) television series."

Thus, no Pike nor Number One from the pre-Kirk era (Pike wasn't serving on the Enterprise under Kirk, so he doesn't qualify), no Dr. Ann Mulhall (because she wasn't recurring), and also no Arex from TAS (wrong show), and no Ilia Probe from TMP (didn't appear on the TV show).

But that breakdown in my first paragraph does get extended to include other variants of those same characters who do happen to fit that bill — even if those variants wouldn't have otherwise matched those qualifications — thus, we have Rura Penthe Kirk from ST:VI, and Talos IV Spock from Pike's era of commanding the Enterprise.

The tweak I made in my definition, "Recurring characters from TOS who served on the Enterprise as played by their original actors/actresses.", make it the characters who are recurring not the actors, since Diana Muldaur did recur in TOS, and then add the clause about original actor to eliminate Discovery Spock.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The tweak I made in my definition, "Recurring characters from TOS who served on the Enterprise as played by their original actors/actresses.", make it the characters who are recurring not the actors, since Diana Muldaur did recur in TOS, and then add the clause about original actor to eliminate Discovery Spock.

Ah, yes, I actually changed my first draft of that statement. My original version said "whose characters were regular or recurring" — which is better, but then your point also does need that clarification, as well.

So, let's change mine to include that: "Starfleet personnel serving on the Enterprise under Captain Kirk on the (TOS) television series, played by the original actors, who were also regular cast or recurring cast in those same roles only, but including variants from other shows or movies who were also played by the original actors."

There. Clear as day and not confusing at all!
    gw4uh80p7ipc.jpg

y7j9dya18ebv.gif

• Or, they could have just used the TOS tag, and avoided all of this confusion :lol:

It isn't like they haven't done Megas with every Discovery trait before...
    CABTools.app
  • Data1001 wrote: »

She definitely appeared on the bridge several times. Here are screencaps (again courtesy of TrekCore) I found, first from What Are Little Girls Made Of? and the other from Return To Tomorrow (which, admittedly, were both Chapel-centric episodes, but still).

b234wkw0qh5n.jpg

Natch!

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

"It is therefore only logical, Doctor, to recognize the legitimacy of pineapple as a topping on pizza. Furthermore...."
  • AviTrek wrote: »

He's not in the game, but like Riley, would be an interesting test of the definition for bonus crew if he gets added during the mega.

Riley was seldom on the bridge, just a handful of times. "Billy" Blackburn (aka Lt.? Hadley), who was the helmsman almost more than Chekov was and far more often than Riley, should have a place on the bridge crew since he was there all 3 seasons!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

b234wkw0qh5n.jpg

Natch!

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

"It is therefore only logical, Doctor, to recognize the legitimacy of pineapple as a topping on pizza. Furthermore...."

I don't mind pineapple and peppers, but my brother always maintained that "if it didn't come from something that walked, it's not a topping." (That way cheese counts, but anchovies don't.)
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

The female officer feeling sick in the background must be Italian :D
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem to only be from TOS, not movies. That's what eliminates Saavik and Valeris. And the character needs to be recurring which is why Elizabeth Dehner is not included.

So the definition of bonus crew is: "Recurring characters from TOS who served on the Enterprise as played by their original actors/actresses."

The mega will have some movie variants as well
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

The mega will have some movie variants as well

Yes. But the characters were introduced on TOS. If a character was introduced in a movie they don't count. But the movie variant of a character from TOS counts.

b234wkw0qh5n.jpg

Okay, @Data1001, you got me there. I stand corrected.

So, let's change mine to include that: "Starfleet personnel serving on the Enterprise under Captain Kirk on the (TOS) television series, played by the original actors, who were also regular cast or recurring cast in those same roles only, but including variants from other shows or movies who were also played by the original actors."

There. Clear as day and not confusing at all!
    gw4uh80p7ipc.jpg

y7j9dya18ebv.gif

...but what if we get Janice Lester Kirk? ...or is that the Evil Kirk we already have??? :s
  • Or, they could have just used the TOS tag, and avoided all of this confusion :lol:

It isn't like they haven't done Megas with every Discovery trait before...

Quite a difference if u have like 70-80(DSC)bonus crew or 130+(All TOS labeled crew). ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Oh, and by the way, I will be very disappointed if somebody doesn't do a caption contest with this shot...

yxq9kiafuq3b.jpg

The female officer feeling sick in the background must be Italian :D

That's young Dr. Pulaski, isn't it???
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There are so many potential issues with how they've determined eligible cards for this mega, but at least DB have provided a hard list of variants for us to work from rather than just a description.

Personally, I'd like to see eligible crew described as "Crew that appeared on the bridge in the original series more than once". And that would exclude later variants/cards from films and other series as this is a TOS event and therefore a snapshot of character cards from that era only.