Home The Bridge

Tuesday Discussion: Ship Schematic Economy

2»

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    If new ships were introduced I would finally expect some sort of power creep. Like mentioned before it is pointless to start an expensive hunt for new ships as long as they are weaker than what we already have.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    My takeaways from this thread so far are as follows:

1. Due to decisions made by the company in the early days (ie the first ships made available) and the extended access players have had to those ships for months/years, most people have had at least 1 starting 5* ship maxed for months/years, those ships perform much better than under-leveled new event ships, so there is no point in players chasing new ships for skirmish events and Arena.

2. Without a new ship-based game feature that could theoretically benefit from adding in new ships, there is no point in players chasing new ships since our current ships get the job done for the features that currently exist.

3. Since a new 5* ship needs to exceed level 8 to escape the event horizon of the 150 antimatter bonus for voyages (ie a generic 10/10 ship offers more antimatter for the "Scout" trait than a 7/10 Federation Fighter), there is no point in players chasing new ships for voyages because it is hopeless under current schematic acquisition models to get enough schematics for a new ship to get above 8/10 completion to be useful for voyages.

4. Due to current menu/sorting limitations, it would actually be harmful to player enjoyment to chase a new ship because it will just make it more difficult going forward to do basic things like select a ship for a voyage or change their current ship for vanity reasons.

This assessment is mostly fair. But the comment earlier about sorting voyage ships by antimatter would solve a lot of problems. New ships could be added at no detriment. And some players do want new ships.

Points 1 & 3 go together a little and are definitely a bar to chasing schematics. Point 2 plays into adding something fresh to the game. That is probably worthy of its own thread right there. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    My takeaways from this thread so far are as follows:

1. Due to decisions made by the company in the early days (ie the first ships made available) and the extended access players have had to those ships for months/years, most people have had at least 1 starting 5* ship maxed for months/years, those ships perform much better than under-leveled new event ships, so there is no point in players chasing new ships for skirmish events and Arena.

2. Without a new ship-based game feature that could theoretically benefit from adding in new ships, there is no point in players chasing new ships since our current ships get the job done for the features that currently exist.

3. Since a new 5* ship needs to exceed level 8 to escape the event horizon of the 150 antimatter bonus for voyages (ie a generic 10/10 ship offers more antimatter for the "Scout" trait than a 7/10 Federation Fighter), there is no point in players chasing new ships for voyages because it is hopeless under current schematic acquisition models to get enough schematics for a new ship to get above 8/10 completion to be useful for voyages.

4. Due to current menu/sorting limitations, it would actually be harmful to player enjoyment to chase a new ship because it will just make it more difficult going forward to do basic things like select a ship for a voyage or change their current ship for vanity reasons.

This assessment is mostly fair. But the comment earlier about sorting voyage ships by antimatter would solve a lot of problems. New ships could be added at no detriment. And some players do want new ships.

Points 1 & 3 go together a little and are definitely a bar to chasing schematics. Point 2 plays into adding something fresh to the game. That is probably worthy of its own thread right there. :)

I would challenge Point 2 as articulated. There IS a point in me chasing a new ship: I want it. (Provided it is a Romulan Bird of Prey.)
  • Tbh no new shop is a good thing, like people pointed out that ship lvling is a pain. Arena's are stale dominated by a fixed combo ship and crew .... Others are meg just for the simple fact that there are no skill to use. Couple that with the fact that ships have 0 sorting available , makes voyages unnecessarily complicated to start and even the simple fact of looking up a ship in the roster is cumbersome.
    Like it was pointed out the arena's are losing players. I assume increasing the rewards would help ... Getting 3600 schematics in a perfect 30 day month is not ideal at best.
    I would also like to suggest allowing the replication of schematics with other ship schematics, maybe limit replication to the same tier schematics ?
  • I would also like to suggest allowing the replication of schematics with other ship schematics, maybe limit replication to the same tier schematics ?

+100 on this idea :smiley: