Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Eden - 12/19 - ME part 3

Comments

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one of the naughtiest miniatures to date.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »

Swap Scotty for, say, Kaminar Saru for maximum effect.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Swap Scotty for, say, Kaminar Saru for maximum effect.

Ha!!! That’s hilarious!! STT After Dark

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, dear. What would be the visual equivalent of"phrasing"?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shouldn’t every non Wrathful Kirk be romantic?

People always say that, but as often as not, Kirk was playing them rather that truly interested. I read once that Picard actually had more liaisons than Kirk.

Regardless of number of Liaisons, Kirk loved the Enterprise first and foremost, so that is a kind of romance. And he kissed far more Women in his 3-year (screen time) reign than Picard did in 7!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts from the crowd on today’s discounted mega packs? Captain Spock is a nice touch for those who missed him in the campaign (and the $10 offer is nice for those who only have him at 4/5* from the campaign), and for those of us like me who immortalized him it saves us some dil.

Astrosciences Sulu, however, is a tough nut to crack. He’s frankly awful at 1/5* for the next two events even with the bonus thanks to his low bases and doesn’t seem to be much to write home about even when immortal. Aside from a general desire to collect TOS crew, the only redeeming thing I can think of (at least for me) would be gauntlet use - but how many times does he hit 25% or 45%? I know I’ve seen Astrophysicist/Resourceful come up a few times but is it really enough to justify sacrificing a crew slot? I’m not sure.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts from the crowd on today’s discounted mega packs? Captain Spock is a nice touch for those who missed him in the campaign (and the $10 offer is nice for those who only have him at 4/5* from the campaign), and for those of us like me who immortalized him it saves us some dil.

Astrosciences Sulu, however, is a tough nut to crack. He’s frankly awful at 1/5* for the next two events even with the bonus thanks to his low bases and doesn’t seem to be much to write home about even when immortal. Aside from a general desire to collect TOS crew, the only redeeming thing I can think of (at least for me) would be gauntlet use - but how many times does he hit 25% or 45%? I know I’ve seen Astrophysicist/Resourceful come up a few times but is it really enough to justify sacrificing a crew slot? I’m not sure.

I have him and I've used him a few times in Gauntlet because the 45% isn't all that rare for him. But to be honest, he's a bit underwhelming even then because only one of his skills is high.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

I have him and I've used him a few times in Gauntlet because the 45% isn't all that rare for him. But to be honest, he's a bit underwhelming even then because only one of his skills is high.

True. I think I will save my dil for the wrap-up pack and try to put more stars on McCoy or Uhura.
  • Options
    So the in game mail said there's new threshold rewards? I wonder what that means
  • Options
    They added Little John Riker (finally) to collection Sherwood Forest, AND they added another tier to that collections rewards.
  • Options
    Oh. The mail said new threshold which is a term that seems to almost exclusively refer to events
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. The mail said new threshold which is a term that seems to almost exclusively refer to events

By the use of the phrase “a new threshold” leads me to believe it’s one more threshold reward. Interesting to see what that reward will be

• Options
    Maybe...that would be awesome, but I bet I'm right ;-)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Sage2 wrote: »
    Maybe...that would be awesome, but I bet I'm right ;-)

Going back and re-reading the post, I do believe you are correct and I’m wrong

• Options
    It's a new Threshold in the Collection.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Looks like Laborer Kirk has CMD, DIP, and ENG.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Scotty and Kirk are jury riggers too.
  • Options
    No new 2*

:(
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Both Scotty and Kirk are jury riggers too.

It's bewildering that Kirk gets the trait and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy doesn't.

It's not like the torpedo knew how to do what they wanted it to before he operated on it......

He helped Spock JURY RIG it.
  • Options
    Kirk has a smorgasbord of Traits, it looks like........
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my math he's the #2 combined average ENG. I haven't run the overall voyage rank, but I suspect he's pretty good with that CMD secondary.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Along with his series of super useful traits, Kirk is the #29 Voyager, #7 CMD/ENG Voyager, #5 DIP/ENG Voyager, and #4 CMD/ENG Shuttle.

Ya, this is gonna be a rough one.
  • Options
    Laborer Kirk (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/26.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 1013 (107-294), DIP 496 (65-151), ENG 1292 (210-476)
    Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Jury Rigger, Resourceful, Romantic, Thief, Desperate

That is some serious base ENG. Funny, I seem to remember Spock doing the engineering in that episode....

Kirk must have been an expert-level sweeper. :)

Kidding aside, that’s a pretty robust set of stats. Base ENG about the same as White Rabbit, base COM the same as DF Paris’ primary COM base, and proficiencies that aren’t gauntlet-worthy but aren’t terrible. It’s a shame I hate Galaxy events so much...I might have to pull packs to get him.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirk has good stats and jury rigger. More interesting, he has a 25% hull repair which will make him quite useful in the arena. And he is a Kirk. I expect this event to be brutal.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Along with his series of super useful traits, Kirk is the #29 Voyager, #7 CMD/ENG Voyager, #5 DIP/ENG Voyager, and #4 CMD/ENG Shuttle.

Ya, this is gonna be a rough one.

Wow, that's unexpected. I'm having such a hard time deciding how to use my honor/citations right now. Assuming I win a copy of this Kirk, this just made it a little harder.

Nice job, DB.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Laborer Kirk (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/26.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 1013 (107-294), DIP 496 (65-151), ENG 1292 (210-476)
    Traits: Human, Federation, Starfleet, Jury Rigger, Resourceful, Romantic, Thief, Desperate

That is some serious base ENG. Funny, I seem to remember Spock doing the engineering in that episode....

And what exactly did he jury rig...? Time?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...