Home The Bridge
Options

Speculation for Jan 2 Event

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
@Travis S McClain What's next in the rerun/flashback possibilities?

We should get a hint on Friday with 5* reward details for Dec 26 event. But I wonder if we can guess beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping for a re-run of whatever event Stranded Quark was in, paired with a campaign with Stranded Quark. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping for a re-run of whatever event Stranded Quark was in, paired with a campaign with Stranded Quark. :)

Stranded Quark was never in an event.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Stranded Quark was never in an event.

That's right; I'd forgotten. That explains why I still don't have even a single copy of him.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My speculation on this subject, from 27 November in this thread:
    Thinking about the pattern of reruns before & after Mega events, it occurred to me that we have not yet had a rerun of Ilia’s Hybrid event, Our Thoughts Combined. Guess who one of the 4* crew was? Author Doctor. 🤔

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Our_Thoughts_Combined
    🖖

EDIT: P.S.: She was in the movie, after all. :p
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My speculation on this subject, from 27 November in this thread:
    Thinking about the pattern of reruns before & after Mega events, it occurred to me that we have not yet had a rerun of Ilia’s Hybrid event, Our Thoughts Combined. Guess who one of the 4* crew was? Author Doctor. 🤔

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Our_Thoughts_Combined
    🖖

They just did M-113 Critter in a Campaign, and she is the existing this week, so......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    This is where you'd rather consult @RaraRacing. I still haven't taken the time to work out the different tracks for Flashbacks and Replays. Here's what I have next on my list per format, but this is only half of what's in the mix now:

Ribbon of Joy (Expedition, 09-22-2016)
    5* Age of Sail Crusher
    4* Dr. Tolian Soran

A boy can dream, okay?

Gods and Masters (Galaxy, 03-30-2017)**
    5* Durango Troi
    4* Sybok
    4* Luther Sloan

Endgame is ahead in the Galaxy track, but it's been passed over a few times already, suggesting DB isn't interested in rerunning it. Its Featured Crew included just one 4* (Captain Q), but two 5*s (The Traveler, rank; and Lieutenant Wesley Crusher, pack only). That was during that brief period when DB tinkered with two 5*'s the first time around, to be swapped during a replay. Sybok feels like he ought to turn up in the current TOS mega, so if nothing else, this could make a fitting segue.

The Triskelion Tournament (Faction, 06-15-2017)
    5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q
    4* Robin Hood
    4* Princess Jadzia

We do have a Picard series starting just a few weeks later....

Our Thoughts Combined (Hybrid F/G, 08-31-2017)
    5* Ilia Probe
    4* Author Doctor
    4* Ambassador Sarek

Ilia would bookend the TOS mega, and everyone is getting an Author Doctor from this month's Campaign. Some would grouse; others would be grateful for the leg up.

A Valdore Too Far (Skirmish, 09-13-2018)
    5* Maid Marian
    4* Kalf-if-fee Spock
    4* Commander Donatra

Another TOS connection, plus The Valdore is this month's Admiral division Arena reward.
  • Options
    5* Maid Marian
    4* Kalf-if-fee Spock
    4* Commander Donatra

Another TOS connection, plus The Valdore is this month's Admiral division Arena reward.

The Server update of adding Little John Riker to the Sherwood collection is well timed for a Maid Marian rerun
  • Options
    5* Maid Marian
    4* Kalf-if-fee Spock
    4* Commander Donatra

The Server update of adding Little John Riker to the Sherwood collection is well timed for a Maid Marian rerun

If you're looking for a connection to that, I would think "The Triskelion Tournament" with Sheriff of Nottingham Q and Robin Hood would be more of note.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    ***fingers crossed***
    Gods and Masters! Gods and Masters! Gods and Masters!

It's one of the few events that I would win all-around: I need one star for both Sybok and Sloan, and my Durango Troi is at three stars.

I need to finish Sybok and I just need one star for Durango, so I've got my fingers crossed, too, @EnderW!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Travis S McClain ...

It is actually really difficult to guess what will be the event ... my money's on a Galaxy or Hybrid event and then probably a flashback.

- Both flashbacks so far have come right after a mega event ... but we've only had two, so no pattern as of yet really.
    - Could be any flashback, because they've not come in chronological order.

Personally, if flashback, I'd like a slightly thematic event if it goes that route ... say One Incredible Tale (Hybrid). What would be really cool is if they'd just flashback one single event of an old mega event.

But yeah, a re-run of Gods & Masters would be awesome ... my Durango Troi is 2/5 (both 4*s frozen).

I don't think they'll have two full Faction events in a row so that rules out Triskelion Tournament.
  • Options
    Ugh besides troi, those are some awful legends for a rerun. Great opportunity for a week off unless it's troi.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh besides troi, those are some awful legends for a rerun. Great opportunity for a week off unless it's troi.

You’re not wrong. My immortal AoS Crusher has been knocked down to only seeing spot duty on MED/COM and MED/DIP voyages, I’d rather not imagine the boat anchor she’d be at lower fusion levels these days.

Even Troi is a little on the meh side with all the monster SEC base crew floating around from events and the Sisko campaign. At 3/5*, she is only my 18th-best SEC-primary voyager behind three 2/5*s (and only seven 5/5*s). Her real utility is as a Troi variant for other events, since I think this is the only Troi variant with SEC as a primary skill and Assimilated Troi is the only other that has SEC that isn’t a total afterthought.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re not wrong. My immortal AoS Crusher has been knocked down to only seeing spot duty on MED/COM and MED/DIP voyages, I’d rather not imagine the boat anchor she’d be at lower fusion levels these days.

Even Troi is a little on the meh side with all the monster SEC base crew floating around from events and the Sisko campaign. At 3/5*, she is only my 18th-best SEC-primary voyager behind three 2/5*s (and only seven 5/5*s). Her real utility is as a Troi variant for other events, since I think this is the only Troi variant with SEC as a primary skill and Assimilated Troi is the only other that has SEC that isn’t a total afterthought.

The new-ish Dark Empath Troi is SEC primary, which if I'm not mistaken gives the ship's counselor 2 variants with a higher SEC than the best variant of the ship's SECurity officer.

Oops, forgot about her. Probably because she was a Tuesday lottery ticket offer and won’t be available (short of a special deal) for many months.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Thanks @Travis S McClain ...

It is actually really difficult to guess what will be the event ... my money's on a Galaxy or Hybrid event and then probably a flashback.

- Both flashbacks so far have come right after a mega event ... but we've only had two, so no pattern as of yet really.
    - Could be any flashback, because they've not come in chronological order.

Personally, if flashback, I'd like a slightly thematic event if it goes that route ... say One Incredible Tale (Hybrid). What would be really cool is if they'd just flashback one single event of an old mega event.

But yeah, a re-run of Gods & Masters would be awesome ... my Durango Troi is 2/5 (both 4*s frozen).

I don't think they'll have two full Faction events in a row so that rules out Triskelion Tournament.

Have you worked out which is the Flashback track and which is the Rerun track, @RaraRacing? I know the point of delineation, but every time I look at the schedule, my eyes cross before I can keep anything straight.
  • Options
    Only 2 flashback events have taken place, so it is speculative at best:

- Flashbacks take place after mega-events
    - Flashbacks have no order as such ... the original of the second flashback came before the original of the first flashback, which was chosen because it was the first in the new reward structure ... so uh, yeah. --> this is why I mentioned a thematic event or a one-off from an old mega (e.g. Ghosts of the Past: Crashing the Party would have been appropriate ... but now not so with Tyler as the next campaign 4*).

- Reruns take place before mega-events and they are the ones you've listed.

- As far as I can remember they've not run the same event type twice in a row ... until Desperate Times - Judgement into Temporal Flashback 2 (flashback), where both were faction/galaxy hybrids ... hence why I figure a Faction is seems like a very small chance.

- DB have skipped a bunch of mega-event reruns, multi-5* events and 3rd+ re-runs (e.g. Liberty for All - they skipped a #3 when it came up in the order).

Anyway, we'll know later today. :) And we can put all this speculation behind us ... I usually only start speculating when I find the mega-event boring ... as has been the case here and during Desperate Times.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we're getting The Longest Day as a Flashback event
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I checked the wiki and it says War Correspondent Jake Sisko was both bonus crew and the ranked reward for that event. Seems odd.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked the wiki and it says War Correspondent Jake Sisko was both bonus crew and the ranked reward for that event. Seems odd.

Umm... That's exactly how events used to work. Reward being bonus there following week is a recent change.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭

Umm... That's exactly how events used to work. Reward being bonus there following week is a recent change.

I did not know this. That makes no sense, which is (I guess) why they changed it.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I did not know this. That makes no sense, which is (I guess) why they changed it.

It just worked in a different way. It encouraged people to buy event packs, so if you got the gold out of the packs you could either skip the race for top 1000 or you could go for a second (or third) star. While the new structure makes somewhat more sense, it also makes event packs less appealing (at least for me) because with the old structure the 4* drops were more useful (or less disappointing) since they could help you obtain the ranked 5* that you wanted by competing in the event. Now you either buy the packs specifically for the 4* (which is a bad deal) or you buy 10+ of them on the following week to get the 5* that you didn't get in the event (and won't be able to get anymore if it doesn't drop from a pack).
    I guess that for the players who like events in general, want to have all 4* FF or like to compete for the ranked reward every week, the new structure works better, but for those who just like to collect some specific legendaries and are low spenders/not so fond of events, the old events weren't that bad.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Sisko as such is far from exciting we will get 2* of him either way. This is what many people asked for during the last Flashback. Thanks for listening, DB!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    While Sisko as such is far from exciting we will get 2* of him either way. This is what many people asked for during the last Flashback. Thanks for listening, DB!

These thanks are a bit early ... We don't know yet ... we don't know if Jake is as 400K VP during his event (probably not) ... so we'll only be able to get a 1/5 from the last mega-event event.

He's not the greatest, so maybe people will be thresholds and out for Dead to Rights ... I don't have him yet, naturally, I'd like a copy of him, but won't be sad if I don't get him.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You will only get 1 copy of him. In the flashback event the 5* rank reward will be the new crew for the following event. There will be no threshold 400k 5* crew.

If this were a rerun, then the 5* rank would be a new crew that we would have as a reward next week and Sisko would be the 400k threshold reward.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

These thanks are a bit early ... We don't know yet ... we don't know if Jake is as 400K VP during his event (probably not) ... so we'll only be able to get a 1/5 from the last mega-event event.

He's not the greatest, so maybe people will be thresholds and out for Dead to Rights ... I don't have him yet, naturally, I'd like a copy of him, but won't be sad if I don't get him.

In case it was a Rerun he would be in the threshold, if it was a Flashback he would be the ranked reward. But the latter left us without a 5* crew for the following event so I rather expect a Rerun.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Speaking of changes to event format, I was #1291 the first time. Today, that would get me the 5* rank, but at the time, only the top 1000 got one. For those wondering, the rewards table for "The Longest Day":

Threshold 2* Away Team Archer
    Threshold 4* Xindi 'Prisoner' Archer
    Rank 3* Writer Jake Sisko
    Rank 4* Rogue Harry Kim
    Rank 5* War Correspondent Jake Sisko (obviously will be replaced)
  • Options
    I think they will just replace the ranked reward like they did in the Honey Bare event. If not, that would be a nice change. It would be interesting to see how much it impacts competition.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

In case it was a Rerun he would be in the threshold, if it was a Flashback he would be the ranked reward. But the latter left us without a 5* crew for the following event so I rather expect a Rerun.

See what AviTrek says ...

A re-run gives new crew that fits in as the 4th bonus crew ... the old crew then sits at 400k ... that would mean we'd still be guessing what event it is ... see for example this https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14965/key-information-about-the-event-empathy-gone-wrong-11-21/p1 ... the event after was a rerun.

@Travis S McClain ... came in #1.402 first time around ... ah well. :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

We know Jake is the reward next week. Having the old crew as the rank reward is definitive proof. The following event is a flashback. There will be no 400k threshold. The only 5* for the Jan 2 event will be the ranked reward who will provide a bonus in the Jan 9 event.