Home The Bridge
Options

12 Days of Special Offers starts today!

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Bridge
Merry Christmas, indeed.

Let's hope it includes some honor sales like last year!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15158/12-days-of-offers-and-a-sale#latest

Comments

• Options
    Interesting - but I doubt it. Even if they include Honor Packs and Begolds like last year, it looks like it will only be a one day thing and not worth passing on a citation for.

Oh well - at least there is a little certainty now that there is probably no reason to keep holding.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Mayhap we finally get a citation discount?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred to see the offers starting with December 1st like in every proper Adventcalendar. Well... better late than never. I am ready to spend some € if the offers are tempting enough. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    5ldvq0jssvg0.jpg

the first one is not bad...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred to see the offers starting with December 1st like in every proper Adventcalendar. Well... better late than never. I am ready to spend some € if the offers are tempting enough. :)

This is exactly what they did last year. Why would you expect them to change? Especially to follow a religious tradition that not all their customers and staff observe?
  • Options
    5ldvq0jssvg0.jpg

Not bad? Possibly the best lto I have seen.

maybe you didnt convert the pounds to dollars? dil is a lot less value to me than packs.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ldvq0jssvg0.jpg

Not bad? Possibly the best lto I have seen.

maybe you didnt convert the pounds to dollars? dil is a lot less value to me than packs.

$24.99 in US. This offer is normally 3k chron and 3k dil. I don’t care about the packs (overstatement)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    ugh ... offers for spenders ... sure I get the odd campaign, but I cannot justify stuff like that ... **tsk tsk** ... thumbs down for day 1 from me.

Last year they were mostly like this.

The best offer came on New Years Eve. It was $10 for 15 packs, 1500 Dil, and probably some chrons.

The rest of them were all worse value than the monthly card.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    5ldvq0jssvg0.jpg

Tempted to buy it twice, but $50 just ain't in the budget.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    ugh ... offers for spenders ... sure I get the odd campaign, but I cannot justify stuff like that ... **tsk tsk** ... thumbs down for day 1 from me.

The best offer came on New Years Eve. It was $10 for 15 packs, 1500 Dil, and probably some chrons.

Yeah ... but it was at least compensated a bit by the Honor stuff they had going (and that I participated in) ... seen nothing yet along those lines.

As I said, I can justify $10 for a campaign ... but that kind of money ... would rather spend it on gifts for my kids.

You would rather spend your disposable $$ on your kids? Where are your priorities, man...
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

The $25 for 3k/3k/15 packs was offered at that price point (used to be 49.99) for the first time last year on Dec 29th.

Probably still worse than monthly card, but that offer became everyone's favorite for all of last year.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I bit. 12 useful 4*s (including a mutated paris and a coffee janeway!) And two begolds. 3rd star on Big Gun But No Security Seven and a 2nd on Formal Kilt Scotty.
  • Options
    I went for it. Two great begold's to start, then 38 straight packs of honor. wump wump.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

The $25 for 3k/3k/15 packs was offered at that price point (used to be 49.99) for the first time last year on Dec 29th.

Probably still worse than monthly card, but that offer became everyone's favorite for all of last year.

15 Packs and 3k DIL(I value chrons at close to 0) are worth the equivalent of $17 in monthly cards. So $25 is a worse deal.

Todays offer of 20 packs and 4.5k DIL is worth $23.33 in monthly cards, so still worse but closer to the monthly card vaue.

The Dec 31st offer of 15 packs and 1500 DIL is worth $15 in monthly cards, so getting it for $10 was the first deal that provided better value than a monthly card.

I think campaigns have changed the math a little, and I'm more likely to buy this campaign than that offer if it is repeated. But the Monthly Card equivalent is my benchmark for determining if a deal is good or not. Anything worse and I should buy monthly cards instead. Of course, if you're buying more than a monthly card every month than your calculations are different.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gut says hold out for the later offers, but I seem to remember the first being the best on, what was it, black friday 2018? Seems so long ago now.

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got 150 Valdore schematics. 😭
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence. really want to but.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    So we can expect 12 cash-only offers? Yeah, pass.

That is how the announcement reads. I guess the people talking about the Honour Sale not being a 💰 maker should be glad.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    So we can expect 12 cash-only offers? Yeah, pass.

That is how the announcement reads. I guess the people talking about the Honour Sale not being a 💰 maker should be glad.

Pretty sure, even without them, DB knows that an honor sale doesn t create revenue. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    20 packs and not a single gold... Profanity filter will have to take over here but it's where my frustration level is... What a **tsk tsk** god damn joke
  • Options
    Got a fourth copy of coffee Janeway letting me get my third star on Evolved Janeway. Got Nekkid Phlox, a third star for Duelist Torres, and a 4th star for Gangster Spock, one of my very first gold cards. I had to choose between him, Nemesis Riker, or Navigator Stamets. I know his stats are weak being a very old card, but he's a Jury Rigger and it's the last of the big collections I need to fill out.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    20 packs and not a single gold... Profanity filter will have to take over here but it's where my frustration level is... What a **tsk tsk** god damn joke

I hope when I open them( after picking up three more packs from campaign, event community, and event thresholds) that I do not regret the purchase.

I had sworn off purchasing packs with money because of RNG. But for me this deal was too good to pass up. I mean 4500 dil. 4500 Chron and 20 packs. I went ahead and bought it twice on both my accounts. When I open the packs, i will be opening 53 total. So I will be looking for 6 or more legendaries on both my accounts. It will determine my future purchasing for packs.

Edit: the dil. and Chron that was offered with the 20 packs all combined to make me purchase. The results will not persuade me to buy packs on other offers.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Pretty much the same here. I did get a 4th star for Janeway which got me a 2nd star for Evolved Janeway. I got four 4* beholds, the rest were straight drops. I was hoping for begolds though.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a calculation to determine the odds of not getting a legendary in 20 x10 packs.

0.9873 to the 200th power or 0.0776 . So about 1 out of thirteen this will happen to.