Home The Bridge

2019 in Review

2»

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Dr. Katherine Pulaski (DS9 uniform) is going to be added to the "Timelines Originals" collection, even though she was in a comic and not a "think tank" production of DB. :)

I'd be surprised if that happened. Though perhaps if enough other "expanded universe" crew are added, they might get their own collection. Presently, it would consist of Pulaski and the Mirror TNG crew. Lots of potential for others of interest, though. At the top of my wish list are crew from the DS9 Season 8 concept showcased in What We Left Behind.

Mackenzie Calhoun or riot.
  • Thanks very much for taking the time to put this together, Travis. Much appreciated.

Also very much agree with this (apart from the non-fan Disco part):
    I'm surprisingly pleased to see the mostly-balanced treatment of the various series in terms of new crew. As much as the forum argues about Discovery's over-representation, that percentage isn't really out of line considering it was the only active Trek show (and I say this as a non-fan of Disco). I understand why the ENT fans wouldn't be happy, but hey, at least Archer got a fair amount of love this year.

Fantastic summary, Travis!

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great report Travis!
    I'm a bit disappointed that there where no new 1* crew, and VERY disappointed that M'Ress hasn't gotten a card yet. I just started playing in July and am looking forward to a first full year!

I get why we haven’t had a new 1* crew since Stargazer Picard, and why 2* and 3* crew only get released on occasion - they probably don’t cost any less to create in terms of licensing fees or design/art/programming hours but they do drive a lot less spending than 4* and 5* crew. 2* and 3* crew are at least nominally helpful for new players after their first week or three have passed, 1* crew are just window dressing.

All that being said, I agree 100% that we need Lt. M’Ress in the game. I’d say she’s my #1 or maybe #2 most-wanted TAS crew (right up there with Stavos Keniclius).

There are so many 3* and higher characters that appeared on one episode. There are several characters that appeared in multiple episodes. What about Ensign Gates who was in several TNG episodes? Going back to to ToS, what about Mister Kelso and Mr Kyle. Kyle even appeared in a movie.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great report Travis!
    I'm a bit disappointed that there where no new 1* crew, and VERY disappointed that M'Ress hasn't gotten a card yet. I just started playing in July and am looking forward to a first full year!

I get why we haven’t had a new 1* crew since Stargazer Picard, and why 2* and 3* crew only get released on occasion - they probably don’t cost any less to create in terms of licensing fees or design/art/programming hours but they do drive a lot less spending than 4* and 5* crew. 2* and 3* crew are at least nominally helpful for new players after their first week or three have passed, 1* crew are just window dressing.

All that being said, I agree 100% that we need Lt. M’Ress in the game. I’d say she’s my #1 or maybe #2 most-wanted TAS crew (right up there with Stavos Keniclius).

There are so many 3* and higher characters that appeared on one episode. There are several characters that appeared in multiple episodes. What about Ensign Gates who was in several TNG episodes? Going back to to ToS, what about Mister Kelso and Mr Kyle. Kyle even appeared in a movie.

I’d be pleased with both a 4* Commander Kyle and a 2* Transporter Officer Kyle. A 4* Helmsman (Helmswoman?) Gates would probably go over at least as well as a 3* version, too. And a 5* Polywater Kevin Riley is near the top of my wish list...I just don’t know if I would rather have the art be of him sitting with his feet up in Engineering or a shot of him leaving sickbay after making a pass at Nurse Chapel, being incredibly extra on his way out the door.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious as to what Enterprise characters or variations people who love Enterprise would like to see in game. I think Shran’s daughter would be very cool. It was so funny when Archer saves her and she says, “thanks pinkskin.”

bswzg4ygcrg7.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I just noticed the "free crew" section. @Travis S McClain , can you tell us how the 5 free crew compares to previous years? It seems like a lot, but I've only been playing for just under two years.

2019 was generous, though not as generous as 2018. Here are, to the best of my records, all the previous freebies made available to all players. All are 5* except as noted.

12/19 1* Wesley Crusher (new crew slot glitch required dismissing a crew member; we were sent him as a sacrifice)

12/21 Will Scarlett (Happy Holidays 2017)

1/9 Mariachi Q (Convergence Day 2018)
    2/14 Suus Manha Sarek (500th Crew)
    5/20 EV Suit Archer (to help with Archer's first event)
    9/8 Dancing Chekov (Star Trek 52nd Anniversary)
    10/2 Tuxedo Nog (event rank reward schema change)
    12/19 Niners Sisko (Happy Holidays 2018/"Play Ball!")

We also got a copy of Mirror Picard in January 2018 after the Mirror mega because of the server issues caused by everyone turning in galaxy items in the last few minutes. Not sure if that was an intended omission though, due to the controversy involved (or because it wasn't a gift, but compensation).
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting 2020 with an early ENT offering. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious as to what Enterprise characters or variations people who love Enterprise would like to see in game. I think Shran’s daughter would be very cool. It was so funny when Archer saves her and she says, “thanks pinkskin.”

bswzg4ygcrg7.jpeg

I would like to see Harrad-Sar, the Romulan Admiral who was in charge of the drone project, as someone else suggested, infected Phlox, I’m sure I’ll think or more later

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Mr Leslie who was in ToS appeared in more than 50 episodes and even died a couple of times. The actor also played a couple of other characters in ToS. He must be worthy of being at least a 1*

sv3fyboqo4bq.jpg

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed the "free crew" section. @Travis S McClain , can you tell us how the 5 free crew compares to previous years? It seems like a lot, but I've only been playing for just under two years.

2019 was generous, though not as generous as 2018. Here are, to the best of my records, all the previous freebies made available to all players. All are 5* except as noted.

12/19 1* Wesley Crusher (new crew slot glitch required dismissing a crew member; we were sent him as a sacrifice)

Also, on 11/13/18 Prince Bashir was offered as an enticement for players with Game of Thrones Ascent accounts. This did, however, require creating a GoTA account.

Not gonna lie, I feel disappointed that the holiday specials this year all cost real cash money and did not include a freebie.

Are the following also part of that list ...

- Mirror Spock ... I remember there being a thing with him ... didn't all players get a copy of him way back when? I'm not sure I was around at the time.

- Musketeer La Forge ... or has he been erased from your memory? :) I'm sure there was something noteworthy about that character. I have a vague recollection of airlocking him ... still don't own a copy.

- Convergence Day Quark ... yes, he was part of an event (Convergence Day 2017), but we basically all got him for free through the community rewards. He's still 1/5 for me, as it took eons for him to be added to the portal pool.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Also, on 11/13/18 Prince Bashir was offered as an enticement for players with Game of Thrones Ascent accounts. This did, however, require creating a GoTA account.

Not gonna lie, I feel disappointed that the holiday specials this year all cost real cash money and did not include a freebie.

Are the following also part of that list ...

- Mirror Spock ... I remember there being a thing with him ... didn't all players get a copy of him way back when? I'm not sure I was around at the time.

- Musketeer La Forge ... or has he been erased from your memory? :) I'm sure there was something noteworthy about that character. I have a vague recollection of airlocking him ... still don't own a copy.

- Convergence Day Quark ... yes, he was part of an event (Convergence Day 2017), but we basically all got him for free through the community rewards. He's still 1/5 for me, as it took eons for him to be added to the portal pool.

Mirror Spock and Musketeer La Forge are excluded because they weren't sent to all active players. Mirror Spock was an apology for a few hundred players whose email addresses were mistakenly sent out en masse with a game update handled by a third party. Only players whose email addresses were included--and who filed a ticket--were sent a Spock.

Likewise, Musketeer La Forge was sent to apologize to players who purchased bugged packs, but not every active player.

I excluded Convergence Day Quark since he was attained by participating in that event, rather than being a directly given freebie, as was Seven in Silver.