Home The Bridge

Inventory update!

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you, DB! Looking forward to making use of this.

37e3us6suox1.jpg
jrbrtebmcppx.jpg
n10x6z3kg3xu.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Any changes to the replication screen?

Also what platform are you playing on?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    sweet ... have just restarted the game, hope I can see the change ... up to 993 items in inventory, just in time :)

EDIT: Nope ... not on Android yet.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I'm on Steam (Windows 7 64-bit).

As far as usability, it's not perfect — but at least it's something. The "discard" button appears to do just that: throw the item out the airlock, with nothing to show for it. To convert items to replicator rations, you need to click on the ration icons, then it brings you to a replicator screen where you add the items manually... and unfortunately it's still the same situation as before where you can't see the names of the items as you're adding them. But I guess if you make a mental note of where they are in the previous screen, you can figure it out, sorta.

Personally, I'll just probably continue to go the "discard" route, since they wouldn't translate to many rations anyway.

EDIT: See my post below. Instead of discarding, I will likely just use the new version of the replicator itself, since that seems to solve the main hurdle in knowing what you were putting into it.

EDITx2: I had thought they'd also updated the replicator, but I was mistaken. I guess it seemed like the two would go hand-in-hand, so I made an assumption, but there's still no way to see single item names before adding them to the replicator, so... back to the ol' discard method.

• PRAISE JEEBUS.

It's not perfect, but it's something. And it's better than having to fight with support because their game ate your gold citations.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    But yes, the replicator (the one you access from a crew member item build) is different, too. And this will be quite helpful.

EDIT: Blerg. My bad. This screen has not changed. Still can't see single items before adding them.

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    [post deleted]

lcayjewicz1i.gif

• @Data1001 you could always tap and see item names on something with a slide (i.e. more than 1 of an item). Can you tell us if you can see the item name on something there's only one of? Try that suliban phaser, for example.

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue has always been when you only have 1 unit of a particular item in your inventory, where you can't see the name of that item until the replicator confirmation screen. If there isn't a change to address that concern, then these updates are at least somewhat besides the point.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So the regular replicator screen will probably still be the best method for clearing inventory. The "discard" is I guess something I'd only do if I didn't have anything to replicate (which doesn't happen often) yet still needed to cut down my inventory total.

Thank you for all of this, @Data1001 . Would you kindly check something for me? If you only have one of an item (which is common for the crew-specific gear that most of us want to get rid of) will it still allow you to see the description? Or will it just get thrown in, where you have to do a final check before using up the items?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Data1001 you could always tap and see item names on something with a slide (i.e. more than 1 of an item). Can you tell us if you can see the item name on something there's only one of? Try that suliban phaser, for example.

Oh crud, you're right. Dagnabbit. No, you can't see it on single items. Okay, back to re-edit my above posts, lol

• BigguyinblackBigguyinblack ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Simple fix in theory. When using the replicator let me know what I am adding before I hit craft. Even if it is something I only have 1 copy of. Either label whats in my inventory, have it labeled when added as fuel, or at the very least let me hover over items added as fuel to get the label.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Simple fix in theory. When using the replicator let me know what I am adding before I hit craft. Even if it is something I only have 1 copy of. Either label whats in my inventory, have it labeled when added as fuel, or at the very least let me hover over items added as fuel to get the label.

You can already do this when you get the popup confirmation window prior to replicating something. The big pain is when you're trying to clear out your inventory (like 50+ or even 100+ useless items) to replicate something useful, and you have to scroll through and tap each one. This becomes even more of a pain when you have several single items that look the same (ie: 0* Klingon armor, 0* Jodmos armor, 0* Alexander armor, etc...).
  • Correct. Which none of this dog and pony show actually fixed. You still have to go through the same steps because DB didn't add the names.

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it will give a notification now when you hit 1000, according to the post in Starfleet Comms.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And instead of discard how bout add to replicator fuel storage so you can just go to it and dump with it worry, hassle, or searching
    It costs 225,000 credits to make one stinkin' gold ration. And then you gotta pay to use the darn thing. This is stupid.

Yikes... That's certainly a steep amount of credits. Wonder if it was intentional or an oversight or what... :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB they don't like it
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    so same principal, same process, same result, only now you pay twice?
  • eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

DB's inventory fix: <snip> ~Shan

That's why I hope it's an oversight. Because it would only be twice if you made and used one ration this way. But most of the time, we use multiple rations. Typically 10-30 for me. So more like paying 12 times.

DB, can we please eliminate the cost in credits or bring it down into the hundreds instead of the thousands?
    Farewell 🖖
    edited January 2020

DB's inventory fix: <snip> ~Shan

I see no reason for anyone to use it then. I’ll stick to replicating items crew members need directly