Home The Bridge

4th Convergence Day Shan Appreciation

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Shan,

On the eve of fourth anniversary celebrations for Star Trek Timelines, on behalf of everyone I wanted to do something special for you to show our appreciation for just how difficult a job we all know you have; I mean after all, you have to put up with us! It cannot be easy to manage "the bridge" between the developers and the players, especially given that most Star Trek fans take the show/content pretty seriously, and often when issues arise due to circumstances entirely out of your control it is you who have to address the mobs brandishing torches and pitchforks. So, in recognition of your excellent work and as a token of my respect, I made you a sudoku puzzle; when completed, the central row shaded in yellow has a two-word phrase that doubles as a hint.

Thank you for all you do for our community, and I apologize for any missteps I made in 2019 :)

-Bylo
pw4ri49sjh21.jpg

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second all the OP had to say. Thank you @Shan for everything you do!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, Bylo. Thank you, Shan, for putting up with us when we are cranky and/or upset, for being our conduit to the dev team when problems arise or ideas are generated, and for everything else you do. Here’s to another four great years!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure I have made you roll your eyes many many times and so have others but I can safely say I have never seen anyone say anything negative about or towards you. Let that show you that we all have respect for you and actions speak much louder than words. I agree with Dirk. I hope four years from now we are all celebrating again. There better be lots more Discovery and Picard by then or we will have to start dipping into some really obscure characters. Thank you Shan and hopefully this comment will have you rolling your eyes in a good way
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did your puzzle <3

The top row is MSF RHV ANO

@ByloBand o:)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The V is a U

Oh yeah, and the available letters are (in alphabetical order): A, F, H, M, N, O, R, S, and U.

Apologies for not including that :)
  • Thanks, @Shan. I appreciate the (sometimes challenging) work you do on here :)
  • robownage wrote: »
    I second all the OP had to say. Thank you @Shan for everything you do!

I third it....wait.....

Uhhhhhh

Thank u Shan, appreciate you for keeping us all (myself included) in check.
  • It is only logical to express our gratitude. Thank you for everything, Shan! May all your journeys be free of incident.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Great thread. 👍🏻

Thank You Shan for being with us. 💜🐿
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    The V is a U

Oh yeah, and the available letters are (in alphabetical order): A, F, H, M, N, O, R, S, and U.

Apologies for not including that :)

It was a nice puzzle, and yes it was a U. I wrote V which was easier to write on the puzzle : p
  • Shan--

Although you have to deal with the Permanent Waves we create, we're thankful you Hold Your Fire and show us Grace Under Pressure! We hope you don't Exit Stage Left anytime soon :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Shan has been here for all of my almost two years. She's helped me keep a positive attitude. Except once or twice when I angrily sent messages without following her advice of waiting a couple minutes and thinking it through. But hey... Even Picard has lost crewmen here and there. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody who is doing the puzzle, here is my handwritten copy with the solution :)
    xkxiy8qautum.jpg
  • Shan--

Although you have to deal with the Permanent Waves we create, we're thankful you Hold Your Fire and show us Grace Under Pressure! We hope you don't Exit Stage Left anytime soon :)

Always glad to see Counterparts here, even though it's been a rough week to be one.
  • I just want to say thank you to @ByloBand for the awesome puzzle (solved it) and to @Shan for just being awesome. Thank you.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    OK who brought onions in here?!

This is very unexpected, and leaves me at a loss for words.
    Thank you, this makes this day extra special.

You are extra special to us......

qqhxw3tq1ldl.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Shan, for your work in support of us players. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear hear!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Qapla' !
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Thank you, Shan! :smiley:
  • Long time reader, first time writer: thank you, Shan! Your work should be a golden standard for community management, in all the textbooks. 🖖
  • Thank you Shan!🍷
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, you're a sunshine! I'm very happy that you're still the Commewnity (Mew <3) Captain and you've been around fur so long. :) A shy hug from Switzerland! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")