Home The Bridge

Next Mega Speculation (note: will likely contain spoilers for Picard)

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in The Bridge
So...Twilight T'Pol will be the first legendary of the mega.

Perhaps she'll be caring for recurring legendary Retired Admiral Picard as she did for Memory Loss Archer?

Which characters from Picard do we expect to show up? Or will DB throw us a curveball and give us an Enterprise event?

Comments

• I've been expecting a Picard mega, the T'Pol character makes me think a bit but I'll stick to my initial speculation. I'd like to see characters from the new show to turn up; if they have the Seven with the guns blazing that'll be an insanely popular card.
  • Are we sure she's part of it? This event starts on January 30, and there are still four Thursdays in February itself—the 6th, the 13th, the 20th, and the 27th,—where a Mega event could take place.

That said, if she is part of the February Mega, it might be a Romantic-themed one (a la Valentine's Day) and not a Picard-themed one.
  • marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I can’t imagine T’Pol being in a Picard mega...look how old Sarek was in Next Gen. How much older was T’Pol than Sarek? Add in to that the fact that Picard is 30 years after TNG. Even though Vulcans are long-lived, I’m pretty sure canon has established 200 years or so as the limit. I’m pretty sure Picard takes place about 300-400 years after T’Pol was born.

Unless there’s some timeline weirdness? I dunno, but I’m thinking it might be an ENT mega.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'pol in a Picard mega makes no sense. It's not happening, unless they make it something weird like Picard + Vulcans.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess it will be Civilian bonus crew.

The cast from the new Picard show all look to be Civilian. This New tpol is a civilian. And there are plenty of existing Civilian crew to use before the new Picard crew are introduced.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been expecting a Picard mega, the T'Pol character makes me think a bit but I'll stick to my initial speculation. I'd like to see characters from the new show to turn up; if they have the Seven with the guns blazing that'll be an insanely popular card.

FWIW, the first Disco mega included a non-Disco crew each week, but they were exclusively purples - all of the legendaries were Disco characters. It's not impossible that they're switching it up for this mega, which wouldn't be a bad thing - the super rares are much more attainable, this will see wider use as the weeks go on.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The cast from the new Picard show all look to be Civilian. This New tpol is a civilian. And there are plenty of existing Civilian crew to use before the new Picard crew are introduced.

That is possible. As long as the storyline isn’t DB saying Picard is senile and needs T’pol.
    Let’s fly!
    Are we sure she's part of it? This event starts on January 30, and there are still four Thursdays in February itself—the 6th, the 13th, the 20th, and the 27th,—where a Mega event could take place.

That said, if she is part of the February Mega, it might be a Romantic-themed one (a la Valentine's Day) and not a Picard-themed one.

T'Pol is the reward for the event starting on January 30, which means she'll be featured crew for the February 6 event. Unless DB is changing the calendar they've stuck to for the last 2.5 years, she's definitely the first legendary usable in the mega.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

That is possible. As long as the storyline isn’t DB saying Picard is senile and needs T’pol.

The first episode has 2 Romulans helping out Picard. It's not a leap for DB to put this tpol in that same role.
  • robownage wrote: »
    Are we sure she's part of it? This event starts on January 30, and there are still four Thursdays in February itself—the 6th, the 13th, the 20th, and the 27th,—where a Mega event could take place.

T'Pol is the reward for the event starting on January 30, which means she'll be featured crew for the February 6 event. Unless DB is changing the calendar they've stuck to for the last 2.5 years, she's definitely the first legendary usable in the mega.

Good point. In that case, I think this will be a Romantic-themed Mega for the reasons I laid out in the event thread. The overlap with Valentine's Day and the sudden recent glut of Romantic crew, including two new 3*s and one new 2*, seem like good circumstantial evidence to me.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be for this mega, but for a future mega after the first season has ended, I look forward to seeing Rouge Maddox as the recurring 5*.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect Cultural Figures and/or Gardener traits for the next mega event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been expecting a Picard mega, the T'Pol character makes me think a bit but I'll stick to my initial speculation. I'd like to see characters from the new show to turn up; if they have the Seven with the guns blazing that'll be an insanely popular card.

I want Akimbo Seven to be the Recurring so bad!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind we don't know anything yet. CBS could have a provision where nothing related to Picard in the game can come out until week 3 of the show. So the Mega would still happen, just a few weeks off from expectations.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Keep in mind we don't know anything yet. CBS could have a provision where nothing related to Picard in the game can come out until week 3 of the show. So the Mega would still happen, just a few weeks off from expectations.

Sort of like how CBS only allowed reviewers to see the first 3 episodes before the premiere. Or maybe not; I dunno. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I can’t imagine T’Pol being in a Picard mega...look how old Sarek was in Next Gen. How much older was T’Pol than Sarek? Add in to that the fact that Picard is 30 years after TNG. Even though Vulcans are long-lived, I’m pretty sure canon has established 200 years or so as the limit. I’m pretty sure Picard takes place about 300-400 years after T’Pol was born.

Unless there’s some timeline weirdness? I dunno, but I’m thinking it might be an ENT mega.

T’pol would be alive c 2272 at least and Picard was born some thirty forty years after so they might have possibly lived at same time though Picard may still not be wearing pants. Sarek was almost 200 when he died.
    It may be relevant to revisit "Twilight". For those who don't remember or haven't seen it, Captain Archer's noggin becomes infected and T'Pol has to replace him as captain of the Enterprise. Under her command, Enterprise fails to stop the Xindi from destroying Earth and nearly exterminating all of humanity. The small group of 6000 surviving human refugees sought to resettle on Ceti Alpha V.

I see some pretty obvious parallels between Jean-Luc Picard/T'Pol, and Romulans/humans.

I personally have no problem with DB working T'Pol into the Mega. However, remember that February does not start until the next week. T'Pol may not be part of the Mega any way.
    robownage wrote: »
    It may be relevant to revisit "Twilight". For those who don't remember or haven't seen it, Captain Archer's noggin becomes infected and T'Pol has to replace him as captain of the Enterprise. Under her command, Enterprise fails to stop the Xindi from destroying Earth and nearly exterminating all of humanity. The small group of 6000 surviving human refugees sought to resettle on Ceti Alpha V.

I see some pretty obvious parallels between Jean-Luc Picard/T'Pol, and Romulans/humans.

I personally have no problem with DB working T'Pol into the Mega. However, remember that February does not start until the next week. T'Pol may not be part of the Mega any way.

There are only four Thursdays in February so, unless they are changing their calendar for Megas, she will definitely be event crew for the first part of the Mega.

That week off thing keep messing with me.

Thanx.

:)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And megas have recently been preceded by a replay or flashback. Tpol is almost certainly bonus for week 1 of the mega. What we don't know is there mega theme and if tpol will be a bonus after week 1. Neither are guaranteed from previous megas.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping for a Picard mega to kick off the series but with T'pol as the week 1 5* card, its looking highly unlikely. The only thing I can think of which might work would be a First Officer/#1 theme? Picard's dog is called #1 after all :p

So First Officer Raffi Musiker as the recurring together with T'pol, Chakotay, Riker and Kira mixed into a few of the Picard series cards.

Its a shame due to the timing. By the time the April Mega rolls by, Picard season 1 would have finished airing. Would have been nice to have a mega running with the series.

What I suspect is more likely is a caregiver/romantic mega in Feb. T'pol was Archer's caregiver/wife? The caregiver trait also has a good number of cards without being overloaded (11x 4* and 9x 5*) so would be a good recurring trait throughout the mega instead of romantic which has 40x 4* alone (didnt bother counting the 5*s)
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Was really hoping for a Picard mega to kick off the series but with T'pol as the week 1 5* card, its looking highly unlikely. The only thing I can think of which might work would be a First Officer/#1 theme? Picard's dog is called #1 after all :p

So First Officer Raffi Musiker as the recurring together with T'pol, Chakotay, Riker and Kira mixed into a few of the Picard series cards.

Its a shame due to the timing. By the time the April Mega rolls by, Picard season 1 would have finished airing. Would have been nice to have a mega running with the series.

What I suspect is more likely is a caregiver/romantic mega in Feb. T'pol was Archer's caregiver/wife? The caregiver trait also has a good number of cards without being overloaded (11x 4* and 9x 5*) so would be a good recurring trait throughout the mega instead of romantic which has 40x 4* alone (didnt bother counting the 5*s)

She started out feeling she owed him for saving her in the corridor. It was obvious that by the time of the colony, it was more, so "Romantic" would work. She even told he Vulcan Ambassador guy who name I can never remember she would not go back to Vulcan if Jonathan could not go.......
    I'm still thinking that T'Pol will be tied into Picard's self-imposed retirement and need for healing with him acting as a surrogate for the Archer role in "Twilight." Her character in that episode fits perfectly with Picard's state of mind in the premiere episode of the new show. I know we always hate it when DB includes a character that doesn't benefit from the event bonus, but they've certainly done it before. It could also be a hybrid Picard / Alternate Future or First Officer or any number of possibilities to boost the number of characters who receive a bonus.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still thinking that T'Pol will be tied into Picard's self-imposed retirement and need for healing with him acting as a surrogate for the Archer role in "Twilight." Her character in that episode fits perfectly with Picard's state of mind in the premiere episode of the new show. I know we always hate it when DB includes a character that doesn't benefit from the event bonus, but they've certainly done it before. It could also be a hybrid Picard / Alternate Future or First Officer or any number of possibilities to boost the number of characters who receive a bonus.

As Picard is new they would likely have to tie it to something else.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The first Discovery mega was Discovery crew. People started with minimal crew and then the pool expanded with each weeks new crew. The was before the era of enormous mega bonus crew we've had recently, but it's possible DB is trying to reduce the number of bonus crew and taking a similar approach.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think robownage has a very interesting idea there, but I think it could be taken further.

(Spoiler below for the first episode of Picard, although not a huge plot spoiler or anything, so it won't ruin the show for you if you haven't seen it yet. ;) )
    There is a nurturer/caretaker on the new show, as well. A Romulan woman named Laris, as played by Orla Brady, seems to fill a lot of personal duties for Picard. She tends to his wounds, so some MED would be appropriate; and probably DIP for her subtle and gentle support and persuasion. Traits: Romulan, Caregiver (there are two I never thought I'd see together), Chef, Survivalist. But apparently she only appears in two episodes. I really like her character, though, and hope she makes an appearance in the game.
    ujmxtnwr4xjo.jpg

She tends to Jean-Luc in a similar way that T'Pol tended to Jonathan in that episode, so perhaps a theme built around that notion somehow? It's a bit of a stretch, but I thought it worth commenting on. 🖖

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Casual Seven (probably with her Dual Pistols) is gunna be the recurring mega character, and have several Picard variants of the new show as ranked and threshold rewards (4* and 5*).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited January 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »

I think robownage has a very interesting idea there, but I think it could be taken further.

(Spoiler below for the first episode of Picard, although not a huge plot spoiler or anything, so it won't ruin the show for you if you haven't seen it yet. ;) )
    There is a nurturer/caretaker on the new show, as well. A Romulan woman named Laris, as played by Orla Brady, seems to fill a lot of personal duties for Picard. She tends to his wounds, so some MED would be appropriate; and probably DIP for her subtle and gentle support and persuasion. Traits: Romulan, Caregiver (there are two I never thought I'd see together), Chef, Survivalist. But apparently she only appears in two episodes. I really like her character, though, and hope she makes an appearance in the game.
    ujmxtnwr4xjo.jpg

She tends to Jean-Luc in a similar way that T'Pol tended to Jonathan in that episode, so perhaps a theme built around that notion somehow? It's a bit of a stretch, but I thought it worth commenting on. 🖖

Caregiver could be a very good option, actually. Current state, 24 characters have that trait. Add in all Picard variants and you have a pretty sizable pool.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a Picard/Caregiver mega is kind of meh. Given the plot of ST:Picard, at least as far as we understand it, I think we're more likely to see one of the following traits as a bonus for this first mega event:
    • Android/Synthetic
    • Romulan
    • Borg
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends